News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 12:06PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 418
Total: 421

Pandemics & Tesco's policy

Started by Orangutan, 24-02-20, 09:51AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorbel

Tescos current requirements on shielding states:
All clinically extremely vulnerable (cev) and high riskclinically vulnerable (cv) should remain at home and return to shielding
Does anyone know what classifies as "high risk"cv? It's a description I've not found anywhere else.

Fun girl

I'm the same, I'm clinically vulnerable I asked my manager about it and he said I need to go to work, I'm diabetic and other conditions and was off in march but not now and its worse this time.

Welshie

As said in another post , CV colleagues should have filled in an OH questionnaire in June , if OH assessed them as A or B , they should have returned to work some with adjustments made . If assessed as C you continued to shield until start of August . Only colleagues assessed as C are required to shield now . That is based on government guidelines and I know it doesn't ease the stress of having an underlying condition  , also if you did not fill in  the questionnaire in June , I would assume that you are not high risk or Tesco would not have let you go back to work in June . New letters are being sent out by CMO and if you receive one then speak to your manager as this would mean you should be shielding this time .

darklighter

Staff at a Tesco superstore are mourning two colleagues who died after contracting Covid-19:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/55602866

Twinkletoes

Seen that about greenock.   Not surprising to be honest.   I work just along road at silverburn and its a breakout waiting to happen.   The dot. Com area is packed like sardines but all they are interested in is money, no social distancing.  Can be a dozen of them in aisle as we try to work, leaning over you etc.   The amount of staff hiding behind sunflower lanyards so they don't have to wear mask is a joke, put them on checkouts as they have no place on shopfloor.   Girl on self scan at nights is mask less, a total joke of a store

Naughty_boy

Had to reply to this as it seems to be not getting to the correct point. 
The email we got said quote "All Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (CEV) and high risk Clinically Vulnerable (CV) colleagues" must shield, where in that statement does it say just CEV colleages it  says both CEV and CV and as far as I know the is only 2 categories CEV and CV.
I've been classed by OH as (B) but they also say on the certificate that I'm in "the high risk category" and yet management still say's I can't shield. 

Ps excuse the punctuation I'm c**p at english :-[

Morris999

As has been put before, high risk CV is a Tesco term only not a government definition.

High risk CV came from OH in June,
If your were classed as high risk then you would have been put in Cat C and Cat C only.
You would have stayed off work till August and again in November.
If that didn’t apply to yourself then you are not classed as High Risk CV.

Welshie

@naughty _boy ,  consult with your Doctor ask if your entitled to a shielding letter as although signed by chief medical officer, they can be sent by gp .
As to not getting to the correct point , people are giving you the answer but its obviously  not the answer you want . If my recollection is right most/all of the high risk cv were pregnant women and they were actually off longer than the CEV. 

nick123

Hi, I was going to start a new topic but I couldn't work out how to do it.

My partner works for Tesco and we need to take a covid test as we have developed symptoms.  Obviously she shouldn't be working whilst awaiting results, do you know if she would be paid regardless of the result of the test?

[mod]Ref: starting new topic. Please read VLH Supporter Benefits[/mod]

Twinkletoes

Naughty_boy

Quote from: Morris999 on 09-01-21, 07:26PM
As has been put before, high risk CV is a Tesco term only not a government definition.

High risk CV came from OH in June,
If your were classed as high risk then you would have been put in Cat C and Cat C only.
You would have stayed off work till August and again in November.
If that didn’t apply to yourself then you are not classed as High Risk CV.

I have been classed as high risk and still put in B category, here is a quote from my OH certificate "he falls in the high risk category, but is not within the clinically extremely vulnerable category." .  I've tried to explain to my manager that I should be shielding because I'm high risk numerous times but it's like talking to a brick wall and repeating that I'm down as B so i can't.

I also had to come back at the beginning of June and I was refused shielding on the 2nd lock down as well.

Can someone please explain what category A and B mean, I think I know what C means extremely clinically Vulnerable but is that right also do you think that I'm in the right category >:(.

Morris999

If you went back in June then you are not classed as high risk CV.
If that was the case you would have been off till the start of August and put in Cat C.

When colleagues were referred to OH in June it was only those that were classed as CV, not those that had a shielding letter and were classed as CEV.
All the CV colleagues that went through OH in June were put in 1 of 3 categories, A,B or C.
Colleagues who were classed as low risk CV were put in Cat A and were to return to work immediately with minimal support.
Colleagues who were deemed a higher risk than Cat A were put in Cat B and had significant support put in place for them, and were to return to work as soon as the store could accommodate those changes.
Colleagues who were deemed very high risk were put in Cat C and were to be classed as CEV and return when the government ended the shielding program, which in the end was 1st August.

In July the CEV colleagues were sent to OH and support put in place for them to return when the shielding program ended.

If OH classed you in the very high category then they would have recommended that you did not return in June.
All people partners have a list of those colleagues and checked to make sure the stores sent those colleagues home in November and again in December for tier 4 stores and January for the rest.

Now it might be the wording is slightly wrong on your report or even they put you in the wrong category, either way OH would have told you on the phone which category you were in and whether you were to return in June or stay shielding.

Preacherpauly

Quote from: Fun girl on 08-01-21, 09:07PM
I'm the same, I'm clinically vulnerable I asked my manager about it and he said I need to go to work, I'm diabetic and other conditions and was off in march but not now and its worse this time.

Our staff have been told we have to take holiday or unpaid if they want to go off.

grim up north

If someone who has been shielding since March, took a lifestyle break in August, due back at work Jan 4th, completed that day then off shielding again. How many holidays do they accrue(full time - 37.5 hrs per week)? And can management insist holidays are used during shielding time?

Welshie

You accrue normal holidays while shielding and while on lifestyle break . Not 100% sure how they're doing shielding this time but if yes they can insist that holidays are used as they did before .

grim up north

So lets say this lockdown and shielding ends 21/2/21. How many hols would there be left?

Welshie

Holidays were used in first shielding, holidays will have been used during lifestyle  break  and as I say I'm not sure about this shielding.  Check your payslip.  It will tell you how many holidays earned so far and how many you get in a year . Another factor is length of service that effects  holiday entitlement .

biggguy

Quote from: Twinkletoes on 09-01-21, 06:11PM
Seen that about greenock.   Not surprising to be honest.   I work just along road at silverburn and its a breakout waiting to happen.   The dot. Com area is packed like sardines but all they are interested in is money, no social distancing.  Can be a dozen of them in aisle as we try to work, leaning over you etc.   The amount of staff hiding behind sunflower lanyards so they don't have to wear mask is a joke, put them on checkouts as they have no place on shopfloor.   Girl on self scan at nights is mask less, a total joke of a store

Wouldn't say Silverburn was just along the road from Greenock lol

sunshineman

My friend has been off since march shielding. when it was time to go back to work their doctor said no and gave them a long term sick note which runs out in three days. the doctor has said they will keep giving them a sick note until it is safe to go back to work as if they get covid then they will not survive.

OH have said they are 'B' and now for the past two months all they have been getting is £95 a week SSP. They have a govt shielding letter again and sent it to their manager but there manager has not responded. They have on their wage slip showing they have two weeks holidays left. if they do not go back to work before april what will happen to those holidays. They are struggling to survive on £95 a week. It is like after 20 years of working at Tesco they have been left out in the cold.

If Tesco accepted furlough from the govt then they would have been paid furlough but Tesco has not so this person is struggling like mad. has anyone got advice, and why is the union not doing anything as per normal

Redshoes

Has your friend not gone through the oh referral, a dr recommendation can form part of this.

Morris999

@sunshineman, people have already answered most of your questions on the other thread you posted these on the other day.
As for holidays if not taken due to sickness then they will be paid at end of holiday year however I cannot remember if it’s just the legal requirement or includes length of service too.

Nomad

[admin]sunshineman, please do not ask the same questions (albeit rephrased) in multiple threads.[/admin]
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

grim up north

Quote from: Welshie on 10-01-21, 09:20PM
Holidays were used in first shielding, holidays will have been used during lifestyle  break  and as I say I'm not sure about this shielding.  Check your payslip.  It will tell you how many holidays earned so far and how many you get in a year . Another factor is length of service that effects  holiday entitlement .

It's not for me, it's for a colleague. They had a meeting with a manager on the 1 day they worked this holiday year(4/1/21), and was told they had 26 days left to take. Does this sound correct?

sunshineman

Quote from: Redshoes on 11-01-21, 03:04AM
Has your friend not gone through the oh referral, a dr recommendation can form part of this.

The OH rang and said they were putting them in B and would send them a report to their email address so they could see it. That report was never received. Their doctor said if they caught COVID then the chances of them not surving was very high

sunshineman

Quote from: Nomad on 11-01-21, 11:00AM
sunshineman, please do not ask the same questions (albeit rephrased) in multiple threads.

seriously what is up with you, it is not the same question. how about reading the two questions instead of jumping on the band wagon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk