News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 01:00PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucgeo

Quote from: boris82 on 27-05-20, 04:00PM
The union rep who I spoke to said same thing about investigation and he said bring it on ahh I dont know what to think to be honest my manager said he had a shock when he was told and would argue my case but I dont see that I have a case to answer

Stop fretting lad....admin is just a little dept, who's job it is to process applicants through the stages of recruitment. Unsure why they are saying YOU need investigating  ???

Also don't get where your manager is coming from here? Is he a line manager or store manager? Is he new?? He should know the buck would stop with the store...as THEY would be held responsible if any redundancy protocols were broken, no you!!! And remember these protocols are only put in place for returning to work for the same company...so they should be able to determine from their own employees work records, if it's in the correct timeframes :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

mrs blobby

Quote from: 80377494 on 28-05-20, 05:07AM
baker86

Basic pay for last month was up to and including 02 May 2020 which was the end date for colleagues taking redundancy in my store, so if that's your end date your pay is correct.

I would have thought that you should get some pay,as the cut off date for 2nd may payslip would have been the 23rd April. So from the 24 April to 2nd May should be in this payslip, obviously as long as you worked between those dates.Anyone confirm this.

NightAndDay

Quote from: lucgeo on 28-05-20, 08:56AM
Quote from: boris82 on 27-05-20, 04:00PM
The union rep who I spoke to said same thing about investigation and he said bring it on ahh I dont know what to think to be honest my manager said he had a shock when he was told and would argue my case but I dont see that I have a case to answer

Stop fretting lad....admin is just a little dept, who's job it is to process applicants through the stages of recruitment. Unsure why they are saying YOU need investigating  ???

Also don't get where your manager is coming from here? Is he a line manager or store manager? Is he new?? He should know the buck would stop with the store...as THEY would be held responsible if any redundancy protocols were broken, no you!!! And remember these protocols are only put in place for returning to work for the same company...so they should be able to determine from their own employees work records, if it's in the correct timeframes :-X

Probably because the members of the dept have small job syndrome, it'll be the closest any of them will get to a real office job and so they feel and act too big for their boots. Expecting everyone to respect their (lack of) authority.

boris82

Got a phone call off union yest telling me it flagged up cuz my induction was under the 6 months  i was told this should have flagged instantly. they said no further action will be taken because when I restarted my documents I had says I re started after the 6 months pathetic really I've been collored for my induction even tho in my application aswell stated leaving date lol thank you for replies

baker86

I thought we where due a weeks wage for the week we left

lucgeo

Quote from: boris82 on 28-05-20, 10:04AM
Got a phone call off union yest telling me it flagged up cuz my induction was under the 6 months  i was told this should have flagged instantly. they said no further action will be taken because when I restarted my documents I had says I re started after the 6 months pathetic really I've been collored for my induction even tho in my application aswell stated leaving date lol thank you for replies

And I dare say your manager has hot footed it to you to pass on the results as quickly as when he chose to needlessly worry you without double checking first :-X

You should now speak to your line manager with regard you recouping any induction hours as T/ L, as you can't legally be paid the time owing.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Baker86 MrBlobby

There is a link on the home page which shows the pay dates. top right hand side. It shows the cut-off dates.

Your basic pay, for contracted hours, is paid up to and including the Saturday after payday.
Your overtime, for hours other than your contracted ones, is paid up to and including Thursday of the week before payday.

Monkeyman999

What home page ? Where

lackofinterest

press home at the top left of this page

Freddie31

Rumour going round another round of manager restructuring in the next 3 months

Redshoes

Yes, but in a very different way. It's vacancies not being filled in certain roles rather than soft structure or redundancy. I don't think it's any particular role either but depends on store structure. Not 100% on that last bit though.

Goldielocks

It does depend on store structure, however they are not telling you which positions are affected in which store which is also not very transparent as we are meant to be.

Nomad

[admin]This being discussed in the 'Redundancy' thread, please use that thread for this discussion.[/admin]

https://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=17121.msg240709#msg240709
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

hornimans135

Does anyone know when  counters will be reopening ?

Redshoes

Quote from: SilverFox on 03-06-20, 04:57AM
It does depend on store structure, however they are not telling you which positions are affected in which store which is also not very transparent as we are meant to be.

The person who has a job at risk is always the first person told. That is how it should be. This change means that role only removed if vacant so nobodies job is at risk. They won't tell you the potential jobs at risk as it comes back to the person affected being the first person to know and not at risk until it's vacant. It's only affecting current managers who may be getting bigger roles because of this.

Wirey2020

Is this new??? When did it come out? As the informal structure process which came out aug 2019 states the opposite..that they will no longer wait for natural wastage but actively facilitate the change over the course of 6 months before escalating the matter higher if no resolution is found.

L9XSS

SD,s were speaking to SMS individually post annual review conference call.
If anything it will take place next year (structure change) can't see it taking place due to this years circumstances around the pandemic.

Wirey2020

Yeah just trying to see where the stock control manager fit into all of this!!🙄

Redshoes

It's all part of the annual review.

Wirey2020

Redshoes

The annual review is just that. It reviews the structure in the stores to see if any changes are needed, at management level.

Wirey2020

The upcoming review, amongst other changes, will impact the bakery managers and the lead team structure in certain stores.

Dooby27

I thought there were going to be no lead team changes this year, due to the bakery already implemented. There was talk of combining lead roles last year, although I’m aware this is no longer happening.

Redboy1

Does anyone know what is happening with senior team jobs? Just been asked by a union rep if I know what is going on as he is waiting to hear about senior team jobs?

King1999

Assistant managers going so I’ve been told not sure how or what it looks like,the joke of a company keeps on cutting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk