Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

05-05-24, 06:33PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: imprint
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,475
  • Total Topics: 644
  • Online today: 546
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 558
Total: 560

Am I supposed to be off for 12 weeks? conflicting info :(

Started by Freebird123, 29-03-20, 03:09PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zx81

From what I understood if you're extremely vunreable, you're coded as sick but the wage will be topped off to what you'd normally earn

miriam

Hmmm
Still confusing
I was told sickness was being used as my shielding pay
I have not used it all
My shielding started 27th April so should b off until with July
I was told guidelines have changed on gov.UK they haven't or not updated
My dates r later than norm
I am going OH then I will go sick as advised by union rep
When u go sick and is not paid for first week the week u r not paid is this included in my sickness allowance ???

Started2008

I’ve been told only getting paied company sick pay, the. When all of that is used go on to stat sick pay then topped up by Tesco to full wage, is company sick pay the same level as normal pay? I didn’t think it was

StephenL

Miriam, I think you are getting confused about the ‘12 Week’ isolation.  The 12 week period started on 19 March and ends 11 June.   If you didn’t get told to isolate until 27 Apr, that doesn’t means your 12 weeks start from 27 Apr.   That’s not how it works. 

notsofunny

Quote from: Started2008 on 09-06-20, 08:02PM
I’ve been told only getting paid company sick pay, then when all of that is used go on to stat sick pay then topped up by Tesco to full wage, is company sick pay the same level as normal pay? I didn’t think it was ?

You will get your full normal pay regardless of if you get company or SSP sick pay.

Started2008

Quote from: notsofunny on 09-06-20, 08:17PM
Quote from: Started2008 on 09-06-20, 08:02PM
I’ve been told only getting paid company sick pay, then when all of that is used go on to stat sick pay then topped up by Tesco to full wage, is company sick pay the same level as normal pay? I didn’t think it was ?

You will get your full normal pay regardless of if you get company or SSP sick pay.

Is that confirmed? My manager gave me a quick call but didn’t know all the details, our store manager is off for 2 weeks so the information sounds like it’s be a version of Chinese whispers

notsofunny

If you have a Shielding letter ,

Then yes that's the way it works ,,

T69

Does anyone know when the new policy come in at end of June when extremely vunerable coleagues goon to sick and having to take 2 days hols every 4 weeks, if you have hols booked during the 4 weeks will this be the 2 days or will 2 days be added on top of time booked off?

Rad

You will use the holidays booked.  I assume this will be reduced so you are using the minimum whilst you are off sick.

oldfashionedplayer

Aye it says pro rata, so you'd use 2 days holiday per 4 weeks or 1 day holiday per 4 weeks if your on 2 / 3 days a week I'm assuming from how it's worded.

sandyclose123

Hi unsure if I am on correct post, just wondering has anyone in company been paid compassionate leave for living with extremely clinically vulnerable during coronavirus or has unpaid/hols been used? Thanks.

oldfashionedplayer

Most will of been told use holidays, it only came into effect as a sly change a few weeks after the original and they didn't update colleagues on it, they've been entitled to 8 weeks pay I believe from atleast then.

notsofunny

Can you explain the Sly part of your post ? , Since its my understanding that Those that stayed home to look after someone was told they could take holidays or Unpaid from the start .

Quote from: sandyclose123 on 10-06-20, 08:45PM
Hi unsure if I am on correct post, just wondering has anyone in company been paid compassionate leave for living with extremely clinically vulnerable during coronavirus or has unpaid/hols been used? Thanks.

I have not heard about anyone that has been paid compassionate leave ,,  Yet if someone has been paid it ,like some that have been paid for things they should not have been then good luck to them ,

Redshoes

The amount of holidays used will depend on how many holidays you earn, so will go on days worked and length of service. A person who only works two days only uses two days to have a weeks holiday but somebody who works five uses five. For extremely vulnerable colleagues, holiday is part of the extended time off package but will depend on how many contracted days you have but it is a given amount of days per month. There is no three days unpaid going into sick pay. If sick pay runs out you can use additional holidays if you want to. Sick pay resets on your annual start date so different for everyone. The wages clerk can work out how much sick pay you have left.

oldfashionedplayer

You don't get paid for the first 3 shifts of being classed as sickness absence though? unless you joined the company like YEARS back, or are they mitigating that for the current standing of it? cause it doesn't sound it since they say afterwards would be topped up to Contractual pay...

Started2008

Am I correct in thinking that company sick pay is the same as what your hourly wage is ? And that stat sick pay is lower at roughly £94 a week ?

Rad

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 11-06-20, 04:01AM

You don't get paid for the first 3 shifts of being classed as sickness absence though? unless you joined the company like YEARS back, or are they mitigating that for the current standing of it? cause it doesn't sound it since they say afterwards would be topped up to Contractual pay...

The 3 day waiting period is being waived for colleagues moving off paid absence to sickness.  The topping up is if you run out of sick pay. 

notsofunny

Quote from: Started2008 on 11-06-20, 10:17AM
Am I correct in thinking that company sick pay is the same as what your hourly wage is ? And that stat sick pay is lower at roughly £94 a week ?

Company sick pay is the same as your normal hourly pay ,    SSP is £94 a week ,, BUT in this case the company will top up your pay to make up for the shortfall ,, that way you will be getting your basic  pay in full ,

sunshineman

Can anyone give me advice. My wife is shielding due to health problems. She got a call this week from her manager who said she has to stay off to the end of july. but, has said the way tesco are dealing with this situation has changed. She also got a letter to confirm it. It says  there is a change in the way you will be paid, as of the 29th june you will be paid from your company sick pay allowance, and if you have ran out of company sick pay then we will top your statuary sick pay up to your contractual pay. Two days pro rata holiday will also be processed every pay period for the duration of your isolation.

At the beginning of this, my wife was told that she would have to lose two weeks holiday, which to be honest does not make sense, if the government were paying for her, why should she have to lose two weeks holiday.

My wife is very worried that Tesco may get rid of her while on sick pay, or when it is safe to return they may get rid of her.

Morris999

Hi, as Tesco are considered an essential service along with all the other supermarkets, they are unable to use/take advantage of the government’s furloughed service.
So Tesco are paying the self-isolating colleague’s out of its own money, not the government’s!
So the government is not contributing to your partners pay in anyway shape or form, hence having to take 2 weeks holiday in the 12 week period.
If you are really not happy about having to use the 2 weeks holiday for upto 12 weeks off paid, then I’m sure a nice letter/phone call to the store manager will solve the issue, ie he/she will take back the 12 weeks paid and process it all as unpaid.

As for going forward again Tesco does not have to top up colleagues wages if they have run out of company/SSP however are doing so, and while we all realise it’s not the colleagues fault in anyway shape or form, there has to be some compromise along the way.
It all comes back to supermarkets being classed as essential business/service  and therefore cannot take advantage of the furlough service.
Now if they could I’m sure tesco would do so, but colleagues would only have got 80% of wages!

Now your wife’s job/role is not at risk due to her health or because of COVID. So when the government decides it safe for her to return she will be able too, but probably on some sort of support plan.

sunshineman

Really do not know what you are doing on here Morris999, so rude and very unpleasant when people are asking for advce and questions. should be ashamed of yourself

oldfashionedplayer

There's government tweets that do say supermarkets can go through furlough, all business types are able to be furloughed, was actually shown on Martin Lewis with mp tweets too, just tesco refuse to do it, tried raising it with them before and they said it was false media that all companies could do it.. They gave the excuse that since they are a vital employer and hiring in the crisis rather than shutting down they were unable to do furlough, later said that if they went through furlough we'd only be paid 80% of contractual wage and we were getting a better deal than what the government was offering (also false since it goes off yearly average / February month wage as a forefront).

So really not sure morris where you get your information but it is however incorrect.

sunshineman

If my wife is forced to carry on isolating past july, she has said that once she returns to work she does not want her holiday entitlement and would like Tesco to take them off her, or if they refuse to take them back, to instead spread them out over two years. She is itching to get back to work and is fed up that Tesco or the government will not allow her.

NightAndDay

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 12-06-20, 04:36PM
There's government tweets that do say supermarkets can go through furlough, all business types are able to be furloughed, was actually shown on Martin Lewis with mp tweets too, just tesco refuse to do it, tried raising it with them before and they said it was false media that all companies could do it.. They gave the excuse that since they are a vital employer and hiring in the crisis rather than shutting down they were unable to do furlough, later said that if they went through furlough we'd only be paid 80% of contractual wage and we were getting a better deal than what the government was offering (also false since it goes off yearly average / February month wage as a forefront).

So really not sure morris where you get your information but it is however incorrect.

I'm unsure whether furloughed employees can be paid below the national minimum wage, if Tesco did go down that path, a 20% reduction in wages would put ca's and shift leaders below the current living wage level.

oldfashionedplayer

They are allowed to be paid under minimum wage unfortunately, as minimum wage only applies to hours worked, whereas furloughed you aren't working therefore you aren't entitled to atleast minimum wage

Living wage isn't enforceable either, it's a "bonus"

Also for sunshine -

If your wife is extremely, she won't be applied to work until there is far less risk / probably single digits numbers, whole off she'd be using a week of holiday each pay period whole using CSP, (6 weeks each year + 1 week for every year you've worked without using them up to a maximum of 16 weeks), so 10 years would be 10 weeks paid CSP,  if you'd been off say 2 weeks in the same year then you'd only get 8 weeks.

You can carry a maximum of 4 weeks over I believe but tesco is saying they aren't following it as they are actively encouraging staff to take their entitlement (so as long as you take the remainder you can just complain and transfer those 4 weeks over if not used and if government complain you put in complaint as they'd lose)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk