Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-04-24, 01:51AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,428
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 537
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 537
Total: 538

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yelsel

In my opinion us last few souls should leave the union on mass how can a union represent a company with nobody actually in the union . The are not many in my store in the union a lot never even signed up when they first started even more left over np1. We all should then agree on a new union if we can  :question: a union is needed but not the useless one we have

sfo

well I thought that's what we were paying USDAW for. OOPS. Or do Usdaw offer free legal advice over contracts. I cancelled my membership last week over this issue but might be worth a current member ringing them and asking for contract advice. Also there's loads of stuff on yougov website about pay cuts - I'm just waiting to see a new contract and see what my new weekly wage is

lucgeo

It was USDAW who agreed to this on your behalf.....those same people you seem to have heard of, but that's only because they are the ones who are pictured in the arena magazine attending one function after another, all at our expense, or putting themselves up for re-election for the same positions they've held for years, via the old boys network.  :-X :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

yelsel

Could we not organise a vote of no confidence in the union something similar that happens in government . I don't know if we can but one thing I do know is we cannot allow usdaw to represent us anymore they are obviously not doing their job and fighting for their members.

yelsel

Could we demand a percentage of employees in stressco that are actually in usdaw I would think it's a very small amount .

Paulie

Tesco have eroded employees terms so much now there is no point in having a union. There is hardly anything to fight for bar the annual 1/2% pay rise.

Madhotdogbuns

Guys, am I the only one losing out but not getting a pay out? When you compare the £8.02 wage with time and a half for Sunday's to the £8.18 wage with time and a quarter I'm losing £32.68 Each pay pack. Both of my other Sunday colleagues are losing around £36 and £39. This however is temporary till the November pay rise but it's totally unacceptable. Any ideas on how we get this rectified?

bugsbunny

No you are not the only one losing out and not getting a pay out I am losing £30 a week and no payout

bugsbunny

Totally unacceptable I have tried to get it sorted no one wants to know was told that is the way it is nothing can be done about it I have hit a brick wall, I don't know what to do about it. Because no one cares.

his scots tie

Quote from: Madhotdogbuns on 06-07-18, 05:30PM
Guys, am I the only one losing out but not getting a pay out? When you compare the £8.02 wage with time and a half for Sunday's to the £8.18 wage with time and a quarter I'm losing £32.68 Each pay pack. Both of my other Sunday colleagues are losing around £36 and £39. This however is temporary till the November pay rise but it's totally unacceptable. Any ideas on how we get this rectified?
What has usdaw rep said about it.Id ask mine but left usbore 2 1/2 years ago when they cut our premiuns from double time

Madhotdogbuns

The union have said to me there's nothing i can do and that I should be grateful for still getting a Sunday premium as other supermarkets lost theres long ago. Although union official was surprised when i told him how mych i was losing between the £8.02 wage and the £8.18 wage
Quote from: his scots tie on 06-07-18, 06:12PM
Quote from: Madhotdogbuns on 06-07-18, 05:30PM
What has usdaw rep said about it.Id ask mine but left usbore 2 1/2 years ago when they cut our premiuns from double time

Charlie Harper

All that's left that you can do is leave USDAW...vote/show your opinion with your feet. That's what I'm doing.

Loki

Quote from: Madhotdogbuns on 06-07-18, 06:32PM
The union have said to me there's nothing i can do and that I should be grateful for still getting a Sunday premium as other supermarkets lost theres long ago. Although union official was surprised when i told him how mych i was losing between the £8.02 wage and the £8.18 wage

That answer is astounding. I'm actually at a loss for words.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

his scots tie

Should of told union rep other retailers might not be paying sunday premium but they didnt give them up as cheaply as we are having to.Take a look at saibsburys £9.20 from September.Sainsburys staff thought it was a poor pay deal.Where does that leave Tescos offer.

Loki

Although the pay deal is covered by collective bargaining, when presented with a new contract reflecting the decrease in premiums, one has the right to question as to why one has not received an overall increase in pay of 10.57% prior to signing it. In fact, one could not be blamed for working under protest whilst utilising the procedures regarding terms and conditions. Especially seeing a gap between now and November where an overall decrease in pay may be felt by many with no cushion payment.

Just a thought.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

sfo

Loki is right - make sure you show your disapproval of the new terms in writing  whilst working under protest while you look for a new job. But it is important that you show your disapproval- just in case we can do something about this further down the line

28_89

My wage clerk checked my pay for me today on the HRAM screen job details section, which has a breakdown of your pay, and my cost of my Sunday premium has not been reduced down to time and a quarter but my hourly rate has gone up. This said effective date 6/7/18?

Anyone shed any light as to why premium hasn't been reduced yet? Not that I'm complaining!!

Should also note I'm an ex compliance manager affected by last restructure so I stepped down. So maybe mine is protected?

Expressdude2016

It will show next week on payroll reports. hram and payroll reports remember are 2 different systems which don't work in tandem together.

28_89

Hadn't considered that thank you. Was wishful thinking I wasn't loosing money haha

surlaroute

so... I asked my manager last night, like basically when will I know how much I'm being paid for Sundays now, particularly till November - and he has no idea... said he has heard "rumours" of letters (?!) but as far as he knows nothing is changing (?! I mean, great big poster next to the clocking machine for one?)

This is kind of the worst part of all this, that the people who are supposed to know - who they tell us to ask - have not had anything communicated to them. I mean it's nothing new in Tesco but like somebody else said (I'm not sure if it was here or not) it's like they don't realise how many people are literally clawing from pay day to pay day and urgently need to know this sh*t in advance. I've felt disdain from on high in this job before but never like this.

Madhotdogbuns

What I will be doing on Sunday is informing all my  colleagues who are contracted to Sunday's and that were receiving time and a half about their pay decrease because unless they are relatively new to the store and on time and a quarter they will be losing money. I think a lot of staff that are contracted to Sunday's probably haven't realised.

Totot

Most sunday worker will lose money for the next 5 month. I will be down £30 so about £150-ish in all 5 time payday.
It is obvious dave calculate what he want to spend to get rid of premium, and create a formula base on it, luckily he didnt comepare the lost income to 20 years ago standard.

Meanwhile, work in express, do everything while some people only do easy job all the time. Being a hard worker is never good thing in tesco, only got punished to work more and the heavy one so other can have easy days.
Well, this will be the 6th time i downgrade my work level. Work slower, let all the theft and unpaid self service happen, i would just pretend i dont see it. All of this already annoyed me and the unfair job allocation is really p***d me off  now.
Well, again tesco is great to keep lazy people have a good time, not a hard worker one. Time to ask my manager to write job description of ca, put it in staff room and want everyone do all of that, if some people dont do something, why should i have to do it. This time i will pull equality and fairness card for the sake of retaliation.

For people who think all manager is great, bitter ga in here are c**p, think what you want. If you really are a good manager, you will have your own business.

Bilmerbo

Hi can someone please explain what happens if you don't receive a letter? I've been off on holidays and my manager is off sick. last I heard was if you got a letter you would receive a lump sum. So what does that mean that I didn't get one? Is it because more of my working hours are during the week than on a Sunday I don't get anything extra? What all have your managers told you?

The-shelf-filler

No letter no money,that's what I've been told by my uneducated,no people skills,rude manager.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk