Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 12:06AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,361
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 273
Total: 274

Health and Safety (is it taken seriously within tesco)

Started by optout, 01-10-17, 12:11AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golfer2020

Hi I just need some advice. Today my team leader who is also A for the store as the store manager is away, asked me to put stock up on the capping for the summer plan. While putting stock up I noticed the capping shelves are very unstable as if you put a bit of pressure on one it tips down and pushes the other side on the next aisle up. I told the team leader who looked at it and said it was fine. But I don't think it is. What should I do ?

oldfashionedplayer

Your first point is as you've said, notify a team leader / manager, ideally take the stuff off and document it with a photo (yes allowed if challenged), aim to get it in writing from your manager that it's been looked at and unsafe, (have someone who can vouch you've asked), if they refuse you can take it above their head to their manager... You could also use the protector line to make sure it's also been logged and being looked into if your uncertain thst anything would be done about it.... Pictures mainly give time stamps, so if there is by chance an accident from a customer or another colleague afterwards, then you've got some evidence that you've reported this... (just write on a piece of paper and hold up to shelf) one way to do it anyhow

Golfer2020

Nomad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-55331781

QuoteTesco has been fined £300,000 after a man was crushed underneath a roll cage trolley.

Piotr Grzela was unloading a lorry outside the Tesco Metro on Magdalen Street, Oxford, when the cage stacked with juice cartons toppled on to him.

Tesco appeared at Reading Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, where the district judge said there had been a "failure of delivery procedures at every level".
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

NightAndDay

Would the Store Manager get a reprimand? £300k is 1 weeks worth of sales in some metro stores.

dotnochance

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk