News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:27PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,127
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 286
Total: 289

Pandemics & Tesco's policy

Started by Orangutan, 24-02-20, 09:51AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thor god of thunder

just to say overtime in our store has not been reduced ...yet. I read on here that many seem to be pulling it back. we have heard a few things where, staff are being pushed back into pre covid shift patterns. as for the control of customer numbers...its been ok last couple of weeks but it has generally been quieter. it will be interesting if they leave customers lined up int the rain! or with more people going back to work generally now there will be a general shift to people shopping on evenings after work, rather then the natural spread that has happened

penguin

We have had a lot of overtime cut this week after the last few weeks where it was a case of come in and do overtime whenever you wish really, also a few temps gone most by choice but one got sacked and not been replaced, funny but the store a relative of mine works in has a big visit due next week and guess what still as much overtime  as you want in that shop and temps been given extra hours in the run up to said visit.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

dotnochance

A big visit, that doesn’t sound like it’s coming from the local area? Is that big boss travelling from another part of the country? Sounds to me as if that’s breaking government advice

Spidercatcher

Quote from: Redshoes on 01-05-20, 05:00AM
Colleagues don't mind the back to back, screen or not
Well they bloodywell SHOULD mind, it's their lives at risk FFS!  No-where in the government's social-distancing guidelines have I ever seen a statement saying that it's okay to be within a few inches of another person (for hours at a time, let's face it) as long as you're back-to-back with an excuse of a plastic screen thingy separating said persons. Has anyone established yet who authorized these things by the way? Maybe it's time to contact our local Health & Safety depts, our local councillors, Boris Johnson or even the police, to see what they think of this situation.   Maybe it's time to tip off the red-tops. This is too serious a situation to be ignored in my opinion. Damned union USDAW is hard to contact these days by the way I believe ... what a surprise.

Have any checkout workers reported this to anyone (or any of the above?) by the way and voiced their concerns? It would be interesting to know. I can't believe they're happy working in such conditions.

Hammer10

Everyone is saying reward the NHS which I totally agree with but what about us we are in the firing line every day it’s ok for one off payments just pay us a proper wage .

Redshoes

Quote from: thor god of thunder on 01-05-20, 10:44AM
just to say overtime in our store has not been reduced ...yet. I read on here that many seem to be pulling it back. we have heard a few things where, staff are being pushed back into pre covid shift patterns. as for the control of customer numbers...its been ok last couple of weeks but it has generally been quieter. it will be interesting if they leave customers lined up int the rain! or with more people going back to work generally now there will be a general shift to people shopping on evenings after work, rather then the natural spread that has happened

Not all areas and stores are the same. The stores in areas that normally have a huge uplift in seasonal holiday trade are not doing as well as some others. There is a store in my group that has such a huge uplift in summer trade that they do a Christmas level of trade all summer but it drops off for them at Christmas. The overtime and temps will depend on things like this. Each group has a target, each store within the group does too so the overtime will depend on the trade in your own store but it may also depend on stores within your group. If a store is being very badly hit the surrounding stores will to a certain level have overtime cuts to support the group figures.

Nomad

https://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/news/disabled-womans-warning-after-tesco-4139080

QuoteA disabled woman from Broxbourne has spoken of her anger after Tesco delivery drivers 'refused' to bring shopping up to her first floor flat.

Emma also worries that it may leave the most vulnerable shoppers without their food during the lockdown.

The customer was left frustrated by the ordeal, in which she claims a second delivery driver had to come and bring her shopping after the first driver said he wasn’t willing to enter the building.

She said: “I’m not a particularly emotional person but I was getting so upset because I’m just like, ‘I can’t help it, I’ve got a disability.’
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Preacherpauly

In out store with dot com starting early its very hard to stay 2 meters from them especially if we havent really filled the shelves. The managers dont care as they can sit in the office and never have to be down a crowded isle. You then get questioned why you are not filling when you leave the isle because its to crowded.

Paupers wage

Are these new Dotcom night shift hours here to stay and are they compulsory or is 6am shift start still continuing

valleyboy

The company had a dedicated cleaning team for touch points. Who still has this team?

dotnochance

I’m off for 12 weeks going back soon, I’m in dotcom and I e been hearing night shift are being children and deliberately blocking aisle with cages so dotcom have to squeeze down isles, I’m not willing to play games, what and who do I complain to and about

Mark calloway

Now I'm on nights and we get fed up with loads of dot com blocking the aisles when we're trying to fill.

Cinderella

Quote from: valleyboy on 28-05-20, 07:36AM
The company had a dedicated cleaning team for touch points. Who still has this team?

We didn’t have that at all at our store!

It is impossible to social distance, none of us feel safe at work right now. I have customers stand right in my face, and if I step back, they step forward. I’ve even asked some for a two metre distance, and they snap “oh, you’re still doing that?!’ As if all risk has been eliminated. We feel very unappreciated at my store. When managers come to speak to me, they don’t give me a metre distance either.

We have staff from other stores coming in with £20 gift cards, that they say were issued as a thank you for working through this pandemic. Not a single person in the store I work at has been issued one. Anyone know how we can query these? Are they issued by management, or via post from head office? As more staff are finding out about the vouchers, they are getting frustrated and feeling really undervalued.

Cinderella

Also, does anyone know anything about the policy regarding self isolation? I was told by my doctor to self isolate on two separate occasions, and can prove this. Tesco have only paid for one of those. Am I supposed to get statutory sick pay for the second period of self isolation? Surely the government guidelines on paying from day one still apply, even if it was a second occasion?

Welshie

You only get paid for one period of isolation,  if a second/third needed it should be offered as holiday , unpaid or sick

BarryZola

Is company sick pay supposed to be paid from day one for the 7/14 days self isolation? Some people in my store have not been paid for the first few days as if it was normal sickness but I'm sure I read in the company emails that sick pay is from day 1 for Corona? Has anyone been paid from day 1 who has had to self-isolate? Thanks :)

Cinderella

They told me that the first seven days are paid, and that the second week goes through as regular sick, and then they deduct the first three days of that. Don’t know how accurate that is, but that’s what my manager said!

lalaland

On the Tesco website it says that when a member is staff needs to self isolate on more than one occasion this should be treated as paid absence. With the proviso that if this is found to be unnecessary this could be treated as misconduct, following normal investigation.

lackofinterest

basically lack of trust. why am i not surprised? :-X

manbearpig

A few weeks ago our SM started pushing staff to try and get WOW comments by handing out those little feedback cards, but I don't think we should be doing this considering the coronavirus and how it transfers.

barafear

Do store managers benefit from staff getting WOW comments?
Or is it simply a cheap way of raising staff morale?

Morris999

Customers Recommend is part of the Big 6.
How does the store get a Customers Recommend %, that’s right by customer comments which is where wow comments come from.
Now as each store manager is managed on the Big 6, they do benefit from them, the more the store gets, the higher the stores CS %should be, hopefully giving them a green measure on the Big 6.
Which then forms part of there reviews and pay/bonuses.

lucgeo

Quote from: manbearpig on 05-06-20, 01:23AM
A few weeks ago our SM started pushing staff to try and get WOW comments by handing out those little feedback cards, but I don't think we should be doing this considering the coronavirus and how it transfers.

Your SMis a dick! Obviously thinks it's going to improve his bonus...
Just tell your line manager that you are not willing to hand out any WOW cards, as you tried to hand one out to a customer who thanked you, and they were not happy!!! They didn't want to handle the card, and were shocked when it was explained that it was on instruction from the SM. So much so, that they said they would be contacting Head Office to lodge a complaint, as to receive it was uneccesary contamination, and to take it would require breaking the 2m distancing rule!!
Let the dick head sweat on that one.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Phoneshopguy

Does anyone know if we choose to wait for occupational health to go over the arrangements to check if its agreed as safe for us to return (the clinically vunerable) what happens to pay?

Rad

If you complete the online referral between June 22nd and June 27th you will be paid sick from whilst you wait on a response and this will be topped up if you have exhausted your sick pay.  If you complete the referral on 28Th or after, while you wait on a response you will receive sick pay, however this will NOT be topped up if you have exhausted your sick pay. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk