Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

23-04-24, 05:54PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,899
  • Latest: dezza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,400
  • Total Topics: 637
  • Online today: 251
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 221
Total: 223

Bakers, are you affected how do you feel?

Started by forrestgimp, 25-02-20, 07:17PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheesy cob

Quote from: lucgeo on 10-04-20, 04:01PM
Quote from: cheesy cob on 09-04-20, 07:13PM
Quote from: Hammer10 on 09-04-20, 05:01PM
Yes protected for 2 years but no pay rises until eroded away so I was told.
I was told pay staying the same so no need for protecting my pay skilled and early starts just stays as is .if any change in skill or early start I see that as not a job match and I want 
My redundancy

Get that in writing...if they can't fill RHRP they may come and tweak straight after the redundancy date.
What is RHRP

lucgeo

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Rainycalifornia

Afternoon guys I have just joined and I have to say its been a godsend having all this information to hand during the redundancy rounds, so would like to say thanks to all who have posted relevant important information. I will post the relevant info re our store and jobs later but as I have my second consultation on Thursday I need to know a possible answer if anyone can help? Ok if I trial a job for a month its only half the hours I currently have, will I stay on full money while trying out this new job? Basically its just a way of getting another month out of Tesco before taking redundancy!!

Thanks in advance

King1999

Any bake off stores being affected we are basically losing all our staff due hours being cut and a total lack of flexibility in the hours offered.Looks like it's just an excuse to get rid of more staff on old contracts.Bloody disgusting way to treat people yet again.😠

NightAndDay

Quote from: Rainycalifornia on 14-04-20, 02:20PM
Afternoon guys I have just joined and I have to say its been a godsend having all this information to hand during the redundancy rounds, so would like to say thanks to all who have posted relevant important information. I will post the relevant info re our store and jobs later but as I have my second consultation on Thursday I need to know a possible answer if anyone can help? Ok if I trial a job for a month its only half the hours I currently have, will I stay on full money while trying out this new job? Basically its just a way of getting another month out of Tesco before taking redundancy!!

Thanks in advance

I'd be very careful with accepting the new terms, I'd advise you to look up eligibility of redundancy, accepting the new hours, even on a verbal agreement of a trial based period may legally flump your rights to it. Tescos managers are often under the illusion that by saving Tesco money, they'd curry favour with their bosses for promotion, plenty of managers at Tesco would do something so underhand.

Rainycalifornia

Ok thanks , will see if I can get it in writing that if the new job doesn't fit I can still take redundancy. You are right tho, we had very little information for six weeks and altho our consultation manager has been great with us that means nothing when it comes to their own self promotion!!

kateluff

Quote from: Rainycalifornia on 14-04-20, 04:25PM
Ok thanks , will see if I can get it in writing that if the new job doesn't fit I can still take redundancy. You are right tho, we had very little information for six weeks and altho our consultation manager has been great with us that means nothing when it comes to their own self promotion!!
you can still take redundancy , as long as you inform them before the trial period ends . do not wait untill the trial has finished as that  will be taken as your taking the reduced hours

kateluff

is anyone deferring redundancy till August 22nd

NightAndDay

Quote from: Rainycalifornia on 14-04-20, 04:25PM

A written letter won't have any impact on the legal process, this is something you'll need to explore with a legal advisor, the CAB or ACAS may be able to offer guidance. The issue I can see is that by taking the trial, Tesco can say they tried to offer you a replacement role, which I'm pretty sure would disqualify you from your right to redundancy.

lucgeo

@ RainyCalifornia

In your next meeting, you will have it put in your meeting notes, that you wish to trial the role for the agreed four weeks. This is a usual practice in the redundancy procedure with Tesco. As already stated by another poster, you should give notice during the third week, if you don't intend to accept the role and wish to take redundancy. They should advise you of this during your consultation. You will be paid the part time hours you work, as you won't commence the trial period until after the stated redundancy date. Nice try though  :thumbup:

In all consultations, you should be given a copy of the notes, and a union rep, or colleague companion should be arranged to attend,  by the manager, if you have requested it. You can ask to speak to the manager, or pose questions, at any time between each consultation.

A note of caution to anyone considering deferring redundancy to August...if you are a colleague who likes to sail close to the wind, push your luck, throw a sickie or anything that could land you in the office during the time of deferment, they could try to manage you out of the business and you would lose your redundancy!

kateluff

Quote from: lucgeo on 14-04-20, 06:07PM
@ RainyCalifornia

In your next meeting, you will have it put in your meeting notes, that you wish to trial the role for the agreed four weeks. This is a usual practice in the redundancy procedure with Tesco. As already stated by another poster, you should give notice during the third week, if you don't intend to accept the role and wish to take redundancy. They should advise you of this during your consultation. You will be paid the part time hours you work, as you won't commence the trial period until after the stated redundancy date. Nice try though  :thumbup:

In all consultations, you should be given a copy of the notes, and a union rep, or colleague companion should be arranged to attend,  by the manager, if you have requested it. You can ask to speak to the manager, or pose questions, at any time between each consultation.

A note of caution to anyone considering deferring redundancy to August...if you are a colleague who likes to sail close to the wind, push your luck, throw a sickie or anything that could land you in the office during the time of deferment, they could try to manage you out of the business and you would lose your redundancy!
had my redundancy print out and it says 12 weeks pay in lieu of notice , if i defer till August will this count as working my notice ?

lucgeo

I believe the PILON ( pay in lieu of notice) is in the original redundancy calculation forecast, which takes it up to the May leaving date, so if you chose to defer, you would continue in the agreed role, at the rate of pay, for the agreed time specified, and at the end receive the quoted redundancy figure. However this is only my interpretation, you could enquire to the manager dealing with the redundancy, for clarification.

There is a possibility that due to unseen circumstances, you may not be able to work the full term till August, but if it is not connected to any exceptional circumstances, such as illnes or such covered by the Covid-19, there could possibly be a case of an unfulfilled contract situation.

cheesy cob

Pre- operation checks, turn on ovens and remove thaw and serve
Remove from freezer 1 rack of pastries and frozen rolls and bread
Bake 1st wave of pastries and frozen bread and rolls
Place frozen pastries that don't fit in oven back in freezer
Bake 2nd wave of frozen bread
Bake bloomer and tin
Tidy fixtures ,replenish shelves check for OOC and fetch more pastries
Bake scratch french
Bake remaining pastries
Label thaw and serve and display
Bake remaining scratch white bread
Pack french
Bake lg pies
Bake cookies
Pack Display french and core breads
Pack and display specificaty breads
Pack doughnuts
Begin to pack pastries priority on gaps
Wipe down prep area
Break time
Slice a variety of bread
Pack remaining french and pastries
Clean and tidy prep area
Tidy back area
Tidy and put away packaging delivery
Replenish isb fixtures including tubs
Pack pies
Tidy freezer
Complete 1st reductions

ARE WE SURE THIS 1ST BAKERS JOB IS FULL SKILLED MONEY

Hammer10

If it’s not why have I been job matched.

Hammer10

Also what if scratch bread not proved up due to no yeast or concentrate do they remake it or leave it ,they are on their own so must know what to do in the event of sickness .

Samuel137

Our store didnt even have an option to extend till August. It was kind of leave may 2nd or take a vacancy within the store.
It's strange cause literally all bakery staff are going so unless they start recruiting now I don't know what happens once everyone is gone. Our store is meant to be going half scratch as well.

Hammer10

They may be moving in others from other stores.

lucgeo

They shouldn't be transferring others into the store, without first offering deferment to the affected instore.
They cannot put someone into same job role/ hours for six months.

I personally would not take a deferment. The pandemic is still very much a major health threat, for every colleague turning in for work, and I would not consider the extra 3 months wage worthy of risking my health, when I could be out of possible contamination.
I appreciate, to some on full time, that the drop in income could be a deciding factor in wanting to stay because of financial situations. But I would weigh up the costs of travel etc. against the payout, plus the JSA of just under £300 per month for the next six months, and a chance of self isolating away from the front line would sway it for me.

Rainycalifornia

Thanks for the advice guys and all set for my next meeting.

Gymbunny

Is OT taken into consideration on  the tesco part of your redundancy.
I asked at my meeting but she made it out like it wasn't. I thought it was an average of the last 12 wks pay. Am I right or wrong?
Not sure if she knows all the ins and outs of this redundancy malarkey
TIA.

Samuel137

On the letter with my redundancy figure it's down as weekly pay instead of last 12 weeks. I've done a bit of overtime for the last couple months as well so it would of benefited me but apparently they're just going by weekly pay at my store.

Hammer10

No of them do it all changed when they got rid of personnel managers I find it hard to believe you have 400 people working in one place and no one to talk to ,the truth being said you can’t talk to managers as they have no idea let alone how to do their jobs a few exceptions so don’t take offence those of you who do a good job you know who you are.

Gymbunny

Quote from: Samuel137 on 16-04-20, 08:22AM
On the letter with my redundancy figure it's down as weekly pay instead of last 12 weeks. I've done a bit of overtime for the last couple months as well so it would of benefited me but apparently they're just going by weekly pay at my store.

Thanks for that. Tosco at its best, shafted again!!!

Fair play

Made redundant last May and payments was from the last twelve weeks . My final payment was up by a couple of grand because of it not sure if that’s how it’s being done now but good luck

Gymbunny

Quote from: Fair play on 16-04-20, 10:25AM
Made redundant last May and payments was from the last twelve weeks . My final payment was up by a couple of grand because of it not sure if that’s how it’s being done now but good luck

Keeping my fingers crossed.
Thank you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk