News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 03:16PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 285
Total: 288

Safety shoes

Started by Mark calloway, 10-05-21, 11:04PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark calloway

Hi,the guy on the back door is only wearing pumps/trainers. Where is the policy that it says he has to wear safety shoes? H&S in this store is a joke

dembow

The policy relating to safety shoes for back door colleagues is in the Dress Code and Appearance Policy, Version 2.3, November 2020, Appendix A, page 6, and states that:

Tesco supplied Safety Footwear must be worn by colleagues in the following roles:
-Warehouse and back door
-Scratch Bakery (not Bake-Off)
-All Fresh Food Counter colleagues
-Colleague Room
-Trolleys
-Dotcom areas – Customer Delivery Assistants
-Grocery Click and Collect
-Loaders (Dotcom centres)

This policy can be found on https://colleague-help.ourtesco.com/

Search for "dress code policy" on that site and you'll find a link to download the full policy document. 

You'll need to use your Tesco Global Username (i.e. firstname.lastname@tesco.com) and password to access that site.  I'm not sure how it works now, but I think you might have to get a temporary password from a manager/shift leader/team support the first time you log in.

thecleaningwoman

He maybe wearing topcap trainers which are supplied by Tesco :)

oldfashionedplayer

They only Need to wear them on backdoor to unload too, can go back to normal role on whatever they want...

Mark calloway

Hes still wearing pumps. Ffs

oldfashionedplayer

to be honest... If anyone is at the backdoor to unload, they should ideally be wearing them.. that's the stupidity of the safety footwear... you need them while on the wagon but don't while off and moving the cages etc... it makes no sense for it...

also as said, there can be topcap trainers... they don't look like they are safety ones either... our manager has some and thought were just normal ones, think hes only one who does actually wear anything safety related lol.

if your not happy complain, but it could fall back on you / open you up to being targeted, as thats usually what happens now when you report something, if you aint following everything, Crossing the T's dotting the i's then it's going to come under scrutiny... so up to you how you go about it.

Nomad

Safety shoes should be worn if moving cages anywhere anytime.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

oldfashionedplayer

So every colleague who works as filling should be using them then I guess, but only ones able to order as part of uniform are backdoor colleagues and even then in the training it just says to be worn when unloading... I know managers can get shoes for people but think by time thry get through everyone with the way uniform works now they'd be back at the start ordering  :(

Nomad

If you follow the recommendations of the HSE while working and are unfortunate enough to be injured and off work you stand a better chance of winning a claim than if you were not following HSE recommendations.

Worth a scan through.

https://www.hse.gov.uk/research/rrpdf/rr009.pdf
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

BakerBum

I'm not being funny, but they not your feet. Why worry lol ? Screw people who won't protect themselves when it's just as easy too  8)

Quote from: Nomad on 17-05-21, 05:52PM
If you follow the recommendations of the HSE while working and are unfortunate enough to be injured and off work you stand a better chance of winning a claim than if you were not following HSE recommendations.

Worth a scan through.

https://www.hse.gov.uk/research/rrpdf/rr009.pdf

hesketh

Quote from: Nomad on 17-05-21, 05:52PM

Also, if you are not wearing the prescribed PPE you could face a disciplinary if you are injured. So could the "manager" that required you to take on the role.
Don't take life too seriously, no one has ever gotten out alive!

Nomad

@BakerBum, if you have a problem passing on to other people free information and/or advice it is your prerogative not to do it.  But I fail to understand why you would 'criticise' anybody who does so.  8-) 

It is after all one of the reasons VLH was created, and continues to be supported.  :thumbup:
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk