Forum > Stores

Forged and outdated notes

(1/5) > >>

taliahad:
Hi, Our store has taken a couple of fake and outdated notes, by mistake obviously.  Our manager has decided to inform her team via a group whattsApp message group, she's posted photos of the offending notes accompanied by a picture of the till lift receipt which obviously has the sign on number of the person who did the lift.  This is not necessarily the same person who took the money.  I don't feel that this is appropriate, it's attaching someone's name to the error, I'm one of those people but I know that I did not take the note in question, I found it and informed the manager, but I've had several people come up to me and tell me that I've taken a forged note.  Nobody has been spoken to in private, or face to face as yet, everything has been done on this group chat.  I don't think that this is the way to do things and would like to hear your thoughts on the matter.  Thank you

Rad:
It's a breach of gdpr.
It's not living the values.

Davethebave:
As a company we aren’t supposed to use WhatsApp, so having the group to begin with is wrong as it leads to situations like this.

You should approach your manager, ask them to delete the message and potentially the group aswell

Rad:
Yeah, also a breach of social media policy

taliahad:
Thank you, excuse my ignorance but what's gdpr?  This method of using whatsapp seems very unusual, I don't want to be part of it but it's where the overtime is posted and I occasionally want some of that, so that's why I've kept it so far.  Is there any source I could quote for regarding her not being allowed to use whattsapp? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version