News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 08:27PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,370
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 552
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 544
Total: 549

Who has the authority to dismiss ?

Started by bobbyfett, 27-06-18, 07:33PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfsorrow

to be honest you have to think about the implications of your (alleged) willingness to clock someone out after they'd left early. It's dishonesty, so I don't see why a company would want to keep you on.

rupert7

Tesco is aiming to tie-up a "strategic alliance" with Carrefour in France in a move aimed at cutting costs which can then be passed on to customers, but  they never learn do they it will cost them money may be they will have to shed more staff to pay for it.

[gmod]Your post does not fit into the theme of this thread.[/gmod]

Duracell

Going back to topic (which incidentally may have several interconnected threads on VLH), swiping another for time they do not qualify for is what is commonly known as defrauding the company which is theft, any persons linked with such actions are guilty of Gross Misconduct and likely subject to summary dismissal.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

forrestgimp

Surprised they have not been sacked already if Tesco can prove they are clocking someone else in/out...Who on earth is stupid enough to think its acceptable never mind actually do it.

Bukhari9025

Hi I need to ask something I got dismiss from Tesco having allegations bully and harassment to staff at work place,but they dismiss me on the basic of last warning which was expired more then one year and it was a different allegation against me. So Tesco dismiss me on this base that I had last worming.

Second she was express store manager and I'm express duty manager.
Any policies say express store manager can't dismiss express duty manager, please reply.

[admin]Welcome to VLH. You question has been moved to a suitable topic, please look for suitable topic when posting.[/admin]

penguin

Not sure on the first point but on the second yes store manager can dismiss you as long as they have completed the relevant training.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Me2015

Quote from: Bukhari9025 on 27-04-21, 08:54PM
Hi I need to ask something I got dismiss from Tesco having allegations bully and harassment to staff at work place,but they dismiss me on the basic of last warning which was expired more then one year and it was a different allegation against me. So Tesco dismiss me on this base that I had last worming.

Any policies say express store manager can't dosmiss express duty manager plz reply me
Will all all fall under Conduct and if you have had a warning for conduct before this then harassment will trigger dismissal if proven.
A manager who has completed relevant training can dismiss.

Davethebave

FYI

Some team managers now also have the relevant training to dismiss colleagues. Only really in smaller stores. Haven't heard of one being used but I know 4 or 5 team managers with the option of doing this.

NightAndDay

Quote from: Me2015 on 27-04-21, 11:22PM
Quote from: Bukhari9025 on 27-04-21, 08:54PM

Any policies say express store manager can't dosmiss express duty manager plz reply me
Will all all fall under Conduct and if you have had a warning for conduct before this then harassment will trigger dismissal if proven.
A manager who has completed relevant training can dismiss.

I'm fairly sure it has to be a WL3 manager that disciplines a WL2, never heard of an Express SM disciplining another Express SM for example.

forrestgimp

If you feel you have been dismissed unfairly put in an appeal if that fails then you can look into claiming unfair dismissal. 

penguin

Quote from: NightAndDay on 28-04-21, 12:03PM
I'm fairly sure it has to be a WL3 manager that disciplines a WL2, never heard of an Express SM disciplining another Express SM for example.

I thought it had changed so any manager who had complete level 2 solving problems and the online validation following the training could dismiss, demote etc etc in any case express duty manager is not actually a job title as such
in express, a duty manager in express is either shift leader or step up so WL1.

NightAndDay

Ahh misread, Express Duty Manager will be a Shift Leader, for some reason I thought it was a Team Manager in Superstore being disciplined by the Express SM.

Also, if that is the case, then surely that can't mean for example a lead manager can discipline a Store Director?

penguin

In theory a lead who is trained could discipline a store director but in reality it's never going to happen for numerous reasons.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk