News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 12:02AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,127
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 304
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 296
Total: 298

Sick pay

Started by See-me-out, 04-05-21, 12:11PM

Previous topic - Next topic

See-me-out

Hi, I'm currently on long term absence and only received SSP for the last 4 weeks. I'm trying to get my head round how sick pay allowance is worked out. I've currently been off for 6 weeks and had 2 weeks with the same condition last year. I also had to isolate for 2 weeks as well. I will have 18 years service in June.

Please could someone tell me how many weeks sick pay I will have on this date?

If you are on long term sick and run out of sick pay are you allowed to use holidays?

Thanks in advance

chris9997

Your sick pay should be 1 week. For every year worked reducing every year you have sick so if you work for 15 years and 2 years ago you had say 3 weeks last year 1 week then this year the max would be 11 weeks but if you have used up your sick then it restart on the aniversery of your start date to a minimum of 6 weeks.

See-me-out

Thanks for the reply. So I'll be starting again with 6 weeks in June. If I take no time off in the next 12 months how much does the amount of weeks increase by? Thanks.

chris9997

1 week from June 2022 to 7 weeks

RetailReggi

Apologies as I am quite new to this. I just wanted to find out what the current guidelines are for pregnant colleague and coronavirus. I last heard that the guidance was when you get to 28 weeks you have to shield? Please can someone advise?
[gmod] Maternity Leave [/gmod]
[gmod] Pandemics & Tesco's policy [/gmod]

Bideyourtime

Hi I don't know how to start a new topic but I was wondering if anyone can help me.  I went to work yesterday morning 3am start but went home ill at 5am.  Will I be paid for the 2 hours worked or will I just not get paid for that full day and be due these 2 hours back?  I don't get paid for my first three days off sick.

Thank you if anyone can help.

[admin]Welcome. Your question fits neatly in this topic. Ref: starting new topic. Please read VLH Supporter Benefits[/admin]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk