News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:38PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 284
Total: 286

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladPutin

Quote from: BlueToon on 04-03-21, 06:55AM
Quote from: VladPutin on 04-03-21, 06:39AM
Yeah, good luck with that. There are individual Reps who try their best. But the union as a whole have all the spine of a Jellyfish. 8-)

For once, I actually agree with Vlad :-)

Do you need to sit down with a cup of tea after writing that? Because I know I do. ;D

Tossgo

Quote from: Rumblerumble on 04-03-21, 11:21AM
Has anytime checkout team support had their one to one yet,

I know we arnt loosing any in our shop, but are we job matched? Do we have to reapply?

You will not have to re apply.
Basically you'll be given a name change to "service" rather than "checkout".

You will also be given the CSD, Trolleys and PFS (if applicable) as extra responsibility within your job role.

In Lehman's terms.... your getting a "promotion"... yay!! Ie... lots of extra work and responsibilities... oh but no extra pay.. so infact it's a promotion with no payrise. Well done tossgo

That's the basic facts of it

Nomansland

Does anyone know whether the dotcom team supports brought in a year ago with the pandemic (but not officially appointed) will be automatically moved into the new fulfilment shift leader role if one has been made available in their store? Or would anyone from other stores be able to apply for it also?

Rumblerumble

Thank You for clarifying

Quote from: Tossgo on 04-03-21, 02:19PM
Quote from: Rumblerumble on 04-03-21, 11:21AM
Has anytime checkout team support had their one to one yet,

I know we arnt loosing any in our shop, but are we job matched? Do we have to reapply?

You will not have to re apply.
Basically you'll be given a name change to "service" rather than "checkout".

You will also be given the CSD, Trolleys and PFS (if applicable) as extra responsibility within your job role.

In Lehman's terms.... your getting a "promotion"... yay!! Ie... lots of extra work and responsibilities... oh but no extra pay.. so infact it's a promotion with no payrise. Well done tossgo

That's the basic facts of it

Colleague 3000000

Tesco's workers need to show that they have brains.

We have dignity and honour.

It is time we considered balloting for strike action!

whatajoke2019

I see they've uploaded the new various role packs on Colleague Help  :-X...

Interesting to see the Shift Leader(s) are now expected to clean the Colleague Room....!!

JPW

I'm a full time dot com team support, and essentially they're asking us to do the job of a current picking team support and driver team support, plus a range of current manager duties. All for the same money as a picker team support! It is utterly ridiculous!

Out of the 5.5 we currently have across both sides, 3 have already no to the change and the Lead and SM are already worried that they'll have no one.

Quote from: Nomansland on 04-03-21, 02:23PM
Does anyone know whether the dotcom team supports brought in a year ago with the pandemic (but not officially appointed) will be automatically moved into the new fulfilment shift leader role if one has been made available in their store? Or would anyone from other stores be able to apply for it also?

I believe the automatic change will happen if there are enough jobs to go around, if your dot com will be having the same number of shift leaders then I suspect you'll all be offered a position. If there are more people who want the position than positions available, then you will all have to apply.

However, I am not sure about the impact of you not being an 'official' TS. Though I would hazard a guess that the payment protection would not apply, and that perhaps 'official' TS would get priority for the shift leader roles. And I suspect that stores would only advertise internally/externally if the positions could not be filled by the current staff. TS, and managers

stockstaffreduction

Quote from: Colleague 3000000 on 04-03-21, 02:42PM
Tesco's workers need to show that they have brains.

We have dignity and honour.

It is time we considered balloting for strike action!

As much I admire your desire to raise the possibilities of strike action, I just dont see it going anywhere. The general public, and Tesco customers will not give the sympathy we may derserve.
Anybody effected needs to use the legal internal or external options available to them in the first instance, if they are not happy with the changes.

beentheredoneit

Reliably informed that first USDAW knew (certainly at regional level) was when SMs did.
People partners trained last week
very much 'need to know'
would be good to hear how different stores affected - obviously no names or numbers.
all should have had 1 to 1s by end of this week
beentheredoneit

Dobin

Quote from: JPW on 04-03-21, 02:56PM
I'm a full time dot com team support, and essentially they're asking us to do the job of a current picking team support and driver team support, plus a range of current manager duties. All for the same money as a picker team support! It is utterly ridiculous!

Out of the 5.5 we currently have across both sides, 3 have already no to the change and the Lead and SM are already worried that they'll have no one.

This is a very worrying time for all, even worse that the company is trying to implement this during a pandemic when everyone has worked so hard to keep Britain Fed, risked their own safety and dealt with the most horrendous customers . Currently I'm a DTS that hasn't had my meeting yet but by what I've heard on the grapevine and read on here I'm not looking forward to it. I don't want to be put in the position where I get lower pay for the doing the same job with added duties and more stress let alone loose my driver part in pay what a joke! Don't know what I'm going to do yet, I can forget about calling Uselessdaw another joke which I must add I will not be a member of anymore once I get around to dealing with it!

Remember you guys n girls are the hero's in all of this

Captain001

The union's no longer have and haven't had their members best interest for very long t
It's time the people stood up and no longer take this c**p. People need to start withdrawn
Their membership .someone one should set up a social media page against the union
Let's fight back.

whatajoke2019

I'm not going to divulge too much but our SM asked another colleague, and myself, around a month ago about being interested in becoming a Shift Leader.

Just assumed it was their way of moving hours out of the building into Express stores when the new Heat Map comes down in a fortnight's time-suddenly it makes a lot of sense...

How easy is it to withdraw membership from the Union, out of interest? Just a case of telling one of our Reps instore?

lackofinterest

Quote from: Dobin on 04-03-21, 03:32PM
Quote from: JPW on 04-03-21, 02:56PM

This is a very worrying time for all, even worse that the company is trying to implement this during a pandemic when everyone has worked so hard to keep Britain Fed, risked their own safety and dealt with the most horrendous customers . Currently I'm a DTS that hasn't had my meeting yet but by what I've heard on the grapevine and read on here I'm not looking forward to it. I don't want to be put in the position where I get lower pay for the doing the same job with added duties and more stress let alone loose my driver part in pay what a joke! Don't know what I'm going to do yet, I can forget about calling Uselessdaw another joke which I must add I will not be a member of anymore once I get around to dealing with it!

Remember you guys n girls are the hero's in all of this
lewis got a knighthood for keeping britain fed!!!! f****ng disgrace!!! >:( >:( >:(

Stubbo

Quote from: whatajoke2019 on 04-03-21, 03:48PM
I'm not going to divulge too much but our SM asked another colleague, and myself, around a month ago about being interested in becoming a Shift Leader.

Just assumed it was their way of moving hours out of the building into Express stores when the new Heat Map comes down in a fortnight's time-suddenly it makes a lot of sense...

How easy is it to withdraw membership from the Union, out of interest? Just a case of telling one of our Reps instore?
You can fill an online form in to opt out of the union on their site. Everyone should do it!!!

Kingkong2015

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Our managers in Belfast Depot don't do themselves any favours, always sitting in the control room all together while agency managers do their job. Heard on nights even some managers hide and go for a sleep certainly with the number of times some go for a smoke they don't seem to have much time to do their roles. Fingers crossed the company recognises this and saves the company a lot of money. And as for Unite union reps standing up for issues they seem to be in the Depot Managers pocket then again if they weren't union members would see more of them!

takethemoneyandrun

Quote from: SW2207 on 04-03-21, 06:33AM
Quote from: Davethebave on 04-03-21, 01:12AM
Surly the job has changed?

Will you still have to do colleague training?
Fill overtime?
Do rotas?
Update the tablet?
Etc

Or are you just expected to manage customers/look after breaks/ opening and closing routines?

Th job has changed massively, a checkout out team support will now become a manager, doing rtw, training, reviews, note taking, attending incidents/accidents and reporting them aswell as still running the back with a headset on getting calls and managing idq! How is this even possible??
So what will the manager be doing ??

takethemoneyandrun

Quote from: VladPutin on 04-03-21, 06:39AM
Quote from: Colleague 3000000 on 04-03-21, 12:31AM
Tesco's is doing us dirty.

We need to consider balloting for strike action.

Yeah, good luck with that. There are individual Reps who try their best. But the union as a whole have all the spine of a Jellyfish. 8-)

Just like they did for the stock controllers that lost their jobs and the bakers and packers..??

whatajoke2019

Quote from: Justwaiting on 04-03-21, 03:52PM
Quote from: whatajoke2019 on 04-03-21, 03:48PM

You can fill an online form in to opt out of the union on their site. Everyone should do it!!!

Thanks Justwaiting. Form filled out and sent... will be interesting to see what they have to say.

whatajoke2019

Quote from: takethemoneyandrun on 04-03-21, 04:20PM

So what will the manager be doing ??

markwinters

does anyone have one for the leads?  can't see it maybe we are all off again!

whatajoke2019

JPW

Has someone got the link for the dot com one, the fulfilment shift leader? I have my one to one tomorrow and would like my own copy.

whatajoke2019

Here you are JPW. They are on Colleague Help under Role Packs  :thumbup:

markwinters

Rodders

I'm a Driver team support and had my 1 to 1 yesterday , our store is going from 2 Picker and 2 Driver team supports to 2 Shift leaders. After reading the role pack, and our store already struggling to fill both Picker and Driver gaps, why would i want the extra stress of doing both roles and half the managers role whilst taking a Pay Cut. The pay difference between a Driver and a Shift leader in my opinion is negligible and would only need 1 or two day overtime shifts as a driver to be on more than the Shift Leader. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk