News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

18-04-24, 10:20PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,360
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 417
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 174
Total: 179

Will Tesco follow Asda.....

Started by londoner83, 25-02-21, 11:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alf

If that's the case I suspect you may struggle to convince people to strike eh?

Must say, I've read about this infamous no strike clause multiple times over the years on this site, not once has anyone posted any documentation showing it, the cynic in me finds that rather odd.

ladyAmarch

Quote from: Gooner83 on 02-03-21, 08:55PM
On a slightly different note, I'm a said driver team support who's been off for a week, had a phone call from the store manager yesterday to explain the changes (vaguely!), anyway my question is how does the lump sum payment work? I'm seriously considering dropping back to a driver as the role looks to be significantly changing for the worse and in my opinion it will be a more hands off role which I won't enjoy in the slightest. As the rate of pay difference between myself and a driver is some £2.14 an hour anybody have an idea how the figure would be calculated?

I’ve been told it’s your contracted hrs X your skills payment X 78 weeks. Not 100% that this is right but from the brief that’s what I got. I’m assuming this will be taxed as well.

Gooner83

That was my guess too, I know it's definitely taxable, looking like a good option for a chunk of cash, I've just seen the role pack on ourtesco too, it's more of a managers job than a manager currently does for less pay!

Stubbo

Where can you find the role pack for the new service team leaders job and the new .com roles?

Gooner83

It's not letting me post the link,

Under "opportunities to get on", "careers", my role pack

matt62775

Quote from: Justwaiting on 02-03-21, 09:53PM
Where can you find the role pack for the new service team leaders job and the new .com roles?

under colleague help, heres the link

https://colleague-help.ourtesco.com/hc/en-us/sections/360010074672-My-Role-Packs

DotcomLad

Quote from: Tosco91 on 02-03-21, 05:17PM
Quote from: emma070706 on 02-03-21, 03:24PM
Quote from: Tosco91 on 02-03-21, 02:51PM
Yes there is a threshold for second manager, SM’s will be told that today and what bracket they fit into. Managers will stay in current structure as example below

Store currently has 12 team managers

Under new bracket / structure they are allowed 6 team managers and 4 shift leaders

There will be no shift leader roles until the number of team managers naturally decreases

How would that work with a GM manager with 8 staff and a Stock and Admin with 27? With them both being "Team Managers" no department....who do they then manage? All a bit confusing.

Our team managers have been told they won’t have departments to manage (same as eventually colleagues won’t have departments either) - the managers are all being given an equal share of the head count (dot com is excluded from this and is separate)

Hi Tosco91,

I’m currently in a picker manager role with 2 other managers in Dotcom, when you say Dotcom is excluded from this, do you mean it’s excluded from the structure change or excluded from the equal headcount?

Thanks

whatajoke2019

Quite laughable, really, "Opportunities to Get On"  ???.

Those at the top, completely out of touch with reality, should go one step further and open up Job Centres in the Mortuary, sorry 'Colleague Room'... Either that or hand the keys over to the German discounters seeing as they are so Hell bent on emulating them!

Edit: sorry Nomad for going slightly off topic here...

Buster99

Quote from: ladyAmarch on 02-03-21, 09:20PM
On a slightly different note, I'm a said driver team support who's been off for a week, had a phone call from the store manager yesterday to explain the changes (vaguely!), anyway my question is how does the lump sum payment work? I'm seriously considering dropping back to a driver as the role looks to be significantly changing for the worse and in my opinion it will be a more hands off role which I won't enjoy in the slightest. As the rate of pay difference between myself and a driver is some £2.14 an hour anybody have an idea how the figure would be calculated?

I’m in the same position as you, driver team support, we have 2 picking team leaders and 2 driver team leaders, they want to reduce that to 2 and a half jobs, 1 part time Im guessing, will go on points scoring who keeps the job, will lose the £2 skilled payment which I got told will be around 5k for 18 months worth, basically said if you don’t get job you can go back to been a driver, also the rota will change so it will be different hours every few week with weekends, also be running both sides if you get job and drop the down to basic team support wage, think I’ll be going back driving for sake of a quid not worth the stress of running both sides for less money, how can they just pretty much demote you like that

Ashbeck

Does anyone know how this will impact nights managers?

forrestgimp

Lets be real about this for a moment, its all well and good Tesco telling people there is no redundancy on the table for anyone however the law says otherwise. If they expect you to chage to a job that is significantly different to what you have at the moment or is unsuitable then they have no option if they really want you to change but to offer redundancy.

They could tell you its all changing and your role is changing but leave you as is with the same hours days and pay which would be ok ut to tell you change or leave is unlawful.

rogerthedodger

Managers the majority will be gone in 12 months
Look at the team support pack basically a managers job

SW2207

How is this a soft change and no extra money offered for basically becoming a manager! What will the managers be doing?!

rogerthedodger

Less money if your a driver team support!! It can’t b legal

Biscuit tin

Managers had no problem toeing the corporate head office
line and telling counter staff and bakers over last few years that its the way the retail business has changed when they were getting rid of them so no pity from me.

emma070706

Quote from: Biscuit tin on 03-03-21, 11:24AM
line and telling counter staff and bakers over last few years that its the way the retail business has changed when they were getting rid of them so no pity from me.

Not without redundancy they won't.

Decco1

Can anyone give any clear info regarding what’s going to happen with managers? Plenty of people out there and on this site who are clearly worried for their job, bills, mortgage etc

King1999

And stock control,merchandising security and night's.

trolleyboy96

It was all from a brief, managers wether they agreed or not have no choice but to follow the brief given, same as this change. If you get emotional while doing this work unfortunately how is that fair on the colleagues involved.

alf

Not to mention managers were also part of those cuts, as in they lost their jobs, or forced into another job.

Nothing new, people always make these threads into Us vs Them, whereas we're both getting f***ed.

emma070706

I love how General Assistants think us Team Managers are the deciding factor as to whether the company keep a counters department, continue with in store security, change the operating model of stock control and merchandising, I could go on. If we make these decisions then f*** me I am on the wrong salary.

Welshie

No emna070706 , it's not that you make the decisions  . I'm not anti-management but I have seen the nicest of managers turn into Tesco robots with no compassion whatsoever when it comes to these situations.  They just repeat the company line and very obviously their self preservation mode kicks in .  I wouldn't take any joy in managers being screwed over but I can understand why some people do .

penguin

Managers at store level have no say or choice on such changes, it’s all decided way above them and they simply have to carry out orders from upon high.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

King1999

Quote from: emma070706 on 03-03-21, 01:01PM
I love how General Assistants think us Team Managers are the deciding factor as to whether the company keep a counters department, continue with in store security, change the operating model of stock control and merchandising, I could go on. If we make these decisions then f*** me I am on the wrong salary.

Nobody is blaming team managers,but like Welshie says the way it's all been handled just shows the company is at major fault how it's implemented.I've been on the receiving end of it and supported others going through it.The end result is bitterness in store and a very toxic envoirnment to work in.Models that actually work instead of lies.Stores have lost their caring side......and from what I see team managers aren't up to that side of things.

Tosco19

It’s £2773 before tax

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk