News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:41AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 292
Total: 296

Will Tesco follow Asda.....

Started by londoner83, 25-02-21, 11:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are shift leaders being introduced to all stores now? Is shift leader and team support the same rate of pay?

Nomad

The managers question is being widely debated here Stock Managers

[admin]Please keep relevant debates in one thread.[/admin]
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Tosco19

Hi All,

I have had the briefing today and my SM went into great detail from the pack

In response to post above regarding driving team support, the impact is as follows

- Move to fulfilment support role and lose the driving payment (go onto same pay as standard team support / shift leader

- choice to take 18 month retainer or 18 month bulk sum of difference

- won’t need to re apply for role unless new number of fulfilment support roles is less than current number of team supports

- the new fulfilment support role is 100% task and does not include any driving or picking in the job description

Fire away if anyone has any other questions, I’ll answer what I can based on what I know - there is more info to SM’s today regarding what it looks like for individual stores (number of new roles, number of new TM vs Shift lead roles too)

In other areas, checkout team support IS being removed in all stores and being resolved with service team support in SOME stores. In our store for example there is no longer either role, we are a medium superstore in the south of England

Team managers remain but reduced numbers (only through retirements and not replacing leavers etc) and will be split with shift leaders (won’t he introduced until managers leave and the structure aligns) TM’s will have equal share of head count (dot com excluded) and will MANAGE. Shift leaders will open and close and hold duty

Stubbo

How can they not offer redundancy of the role is no longer there?

Tosco19

I asked that question, I was simply told redundancy is no longer offered in any changes across Tesco as they have moved away from that - the legalities of that I’m afraid I have no idea about

Evil seeds

Quote from: gomezz on 01-03-21, 08:34PM
Quote from: Riverdaleflats on 01-03-21, 07:15PM
Quote from: Davethebave on 01-03-21, 05:52PM
Dotcom team support will be staying just changing title.
Might be a few changes in what is expected of them, not sure on the detail as I don’t deal with dotcom stores.

Shift leaders will be introduced, are people mixing this up with the current team support role perhaps?

Basically driver team support role goes and new role loses the driving skill payment (85p odd ph).
How does that work when the driver team support does a lot of driving?

Driver team support does a lot of driving? Not in my store DTS usually sat upstairs with the driver manager!

Tosco19

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]

Store specific again - in my old store the driving team support did 14-23 daily and drove every evening. In my new store they are fully tasked and don’t drive

Evil seeds

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]

They did hours expected of the role and got the deserved pay
In this store DTS does 8am-5/6pm 5 days a week ! Great job
Highest paid TS and great hours no driving
I welcome the change in my store and I also feel for the ones who don’t deserve this change.

NightAndDay

The pay differentials between Shift Leaders and starting salary TMs is marginal at best, some would see this as making the TMs role easier, in reality there is very little difference between a TM and an SL.

dotnochance

So dotcom manager is going? I can’t see dotcom being run just by random manager of the day

KMC03

Hi thanks for the information, was there any information about lead managers both nights and days and what will happen with these roles?

Colleague 3000000

Mangers are often filling shelves.

They need to be in the office doing managerial things and disciplinaries etc.

Select people from the store to hold the keys, open close store, use the tablet for shifts.

Will be a lot of favouritism, if you are female and blonde, your luck is in.

ladyAmarch

Hi everyone,

I had my briefing yesterday. I’m currently a checkout team support in a small superstore, we’re all going and have been told we either sit on checkouts for £9.30 but have off till duties, assuming we will be runners or we can reapply for the shift leader role, I don’t really understand why we have to re interview if the goal of this is to restructure and ‘retain’ skill as the brief says.

Has anyone else been told they have to reinterview for the shift leader role. Also, as there isn’t a lot of information out at the minute does anyone know when the next lot of comms will come out.

Thanks

emma070706

Stores with 15 team managers and 3/4 lead team are really going to sit on a lot of excess managers and not recruit shift leaders because there are too many managers so think many stores will not see a change for years to come. I think this makes business sense but seems to me in order to acheive what they want to that redundancy has to be an option. Be interesting to see who is responsible for who and how that is decided.

Tosco19

Dot com managers are not going no - they will sit above the new fulfilment support / leader role, most dot com with one manager currently will go to two

Lead managers will go in smaller stores but as with the managers / shift leader situation there will be no redundancies and they just won’t be replaced when they leave (hence a post above saying we won’t see these changes for years - in most cases we won’t!)

Next set of comms comes out today - this is just store specific detail about which banding stores fall into in relation to number of new lead team, TM’s vs SL proportion and also dot com structure

Formal meetings to start for 30 days for checkout TS Wednesday and dot com TS from Thursday

chairceo

Is there a threshold for second manager?

chairceo

Quote from: Tosco91 on 02-03-21, 11:11AM
Dot com managers are not going no - they will sit above the new fulfilment support / leader role, most dot com with one manager currently will go to two

Lead managers will go in smaller stores but as with the managers / shift leader situation there will be no redundancies and they just won’t be replaced when they leave (hence a post above saying we won’t see these changes for years - in most cases we won’t!)

Next set of comms comes out today - this is just store specific detail about which banding stores fall into in relation to number of new lead team, TM’s vs SL proportion and also dot com structure

Formal meetings to start for 30 days for checkout TS Wednesday and dot com TS from Thursday

In dotcom is there a threshold for a second manager?

emma070706

Quote from: Tosco91 on 02-03-21, 11:11AM

Would managers naturally stay in the role they are doing until store are in a position to launch new structure? As a previous food stock manager and now a stock and admin I have no idea what my future role will be.

vanguard

any word on the supposed driver restructuring that was going to happen pre-covid?

Colleague 3000000

At work they call me the Vindicator.

That’s because I disseminate;

The s**t that I speak is legitimate.

Colleague 3000000

Tosco19

Yes there is a threshold for second manager, SM’s will be told that today and what bracket they fit into. Managers will stay in current structure as example below

Store currently has 12 team managers

Under new bracket / structure they are allowed 6 team managers and 4 shift leaders

There will be no shift leader roles until the number of team managers naturally decreases

londoner83

But surely unless they start forcibly start moving managers around the business to fill vacancies (normally in inner city expresses) it will take decades for managers to decrease via natural wastage.....

NightAndDay

When colleagues go above shift leader level, retention levels skyrocket, they are then at the position where they can't easily find another job in an unskilled domain that pays them similar amounts in remuneration except in Retail, and this would usually mean starting at the bottom or on trainee wages until deemed good enough for the advertised salary, which further discourages them to jump ship.

emma070706

Quote from: Tosco91 on 02-03-21, 02:51PM
Yes there is a threshold for second manager, SM’s will be told that today and what bracket they fit into. Managers will stay in current structure as example below

Store currently has 12 team managers

Under new bracket / structure they are allowed 6 team managers and 4 shift leaders

There will be no shift leader roles until the number of team managers naturally decreases

How would that work with a GM manager with 8 staff and a Stock and Admin with 27? With them both being "Team Managers" no department....who do they then manage? All a bit confusing.

trolleyboy96

Been told today the stock / admin manager in our store, goes from 15 staff up to 48 she will pick up produce, csd and dairy....additional to stock/admin...med superstore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk