Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 04:54PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,116
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 295
Total: 300

All holidays to be put in by April

Started by Vinny1985, 17-02-21, 11:32PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btblackbird

I usually book all my holidays on 1st April every year for the next year, but have been told by manager iwon't be able to do that as new system will be made available  to colleagues sometime soon this year. Have  booked 2021 to 2022 last April and now want to book 2022 to 2023 on 1st April  this April. Can they refuse my holiday booking form? I don't want to wait indefinitely for new system and miss my choice of dates,  is my manager just trying it on,? Any advice would be appreciated.  Many thanks

beentheredoneit

Got to say, as a team manager booking my holidays on work and pay - it isnt as easy as everyone thinks - cannot believe this will be rolled out to all any time soon ....
beentheredoneit

Cairney39

Blackbird, holiday policy overrides any new (or otherwise) payroll system. April 1st, if you want to request your 2022/2023 holidays, fill your boots

Welshie

Quote from: Nomad on 26-03-21, 05:15PM
Holidays are given to allow one to relax and recharge to prevent 'burn out'.

There are many ways people like to R&R,  e.g. a week in the sun on a beach perhaps or weekends attending an event of their interest.  No one group should suffer detriment because of the others preference.  No one group is right or wrong in their preference.

A company should have enough guile and resources to plan for all parties.

If only Nomad , then you also wouldn't have to book so far in advance either lol

Nomad

I think it shows how poorly staffed/resourced a company is when they(company) have to ask staff to book holiday time so far in advance.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

btblackbird

Thanks all. I will hand in my photographed request forms on 1st April  and await the response with bated breath.. :)

Kidder

Hi , I got a question, can I ask for parental leave if I don't get my requested holiday.  Does anyone knows,  please? Thanks

Welshie

I think but could be wrong that parental leave is a "last minute" thing so you could ask closer to time needed .

Kidder

Can my manager refuse my request for parental leave to cover half term holidays, please? As I know parental leave is available for parents to look after children, spend more time as family and welfare of kids. Does someone know or have any experience with it  please? Thank you

Welshie

I think what you're actually looking to book is ,  time off for dependants . Yet again I think it is for unforeseen circumstances and half term break is not unforeseen.  I can't seem to access the policy online since theyve changed the our Tesco website .
It might depend on how flexible your manager is .

Welshie

@kidder ignore my last post . Unpaid Parental Leave (apparently different to parental leave) is requested on a leave form at least 21 days in advance . You are entitled to 4 weeks per year for each child you have . It does not state on the policy if it can be refused .

Kidder

Thank you for your help, Really appreciate it

Kidder

Hello , just was wondering what's going on with holidays,  please.  My manager took my holiday form for year 2022/ 2023 . My partner who works on nights was told that  they can't take his as they are going on online booking system from 1.7.2021 and he can book his holidays for next year from 1.4.2022. Does anyone knows what going on, please? Thank you for reply. ( I have to book mine asap because lady who works with my wants same dates which is a pickle.  I'm thinking of moving department if possible. )

whatajoke2019

Hi Kidder,

I know Managers book their holidays online through Work & Pay but at the moment, as far as I'm aware, our Managers should be sitting down with us and booking holidays 'the old fashioned way' and then they go onto the system and put the time off on the system.

Kidder

They are even posting their holidays on WhatsApp to by first.  I can't beat that.. I was trying to talk to her  to  decide what  she is booking but she just wants all specialy easter holidays and May half term.  I'm happy with one of these weeks.  I told that to my manager so just have to wait and see. 

Shopworker74

Would anyone happen to have a holiday form I could download, seeing my manager is an absolute nightmare 🙄

dotnochance

You could just knock on office door and ask whoever is in the office at the time, loads of them there

blackberry

Quote from: Shopworker74 on 02-04-21, 12:58PM
Would anyone happen to have a holiday form I could download, seeing my manager is an absolute nightmare 🙄

Hope this helps

oldfashionedplayer

Quote from: Kidder on 01-04-21, 09:04AM
Hello , just was wondering what's going on with holidays,  please.  My manager took my holiday form for year 2022/ 2023 . My partner who works on nights was told that  they can't take his as they are going on online booking system from 1.7.2021 and he can book his holidays for next year from 1.4.2022. Does anyone knows what going on, please? Thank you for reply. ( I have to book mine asap because lady who works with my wants same dates which is a pickle.  I'm thinking of moving department if possible. )

Whether work and pay or not, they should take them as it may be delayed, its estimated for September release to stores instead of just managers and trials, but with current issues it could be longer, so they can always look at it again later once they have a definitive date... You could always say put it down as the hours and you'll adjust it later if need be. 😂

Kidder

Thank you,  he did take the holiday form. Where I are work,  we have 2 ladies working on GM. Does that mean they can't be off at the same time. They don't even work same days. Previous manager allowed 2 people off but now they are not allowed to have same week off. If you have one person working on department they can have off when they want and no-one works there all week.  Is there anything that can be done about that? Does anyone have experience with that,  please? Thanks 😊

Kidder

Can I book my holiday for year 2023/24 in January 2022 or did I have to wait till 1.4.2022, please? I know is way to early but I don't want to be one hour late than my colleague and loose out as tesco police first come first served is not fer when you have kids.  Someone gets all holidays and other person get nothing.  Any experience in this matter, please? Thank you 😊

Shopworker74

Quote from: blackberry on 02-04-21, 01:20PM
Quote from: Shopworker74 on 02-04-21, 12:58PM

Hope this helps
Thank you

Shopworker74

Quote from: dotnochance on 02-04-21, 01:19PM
You could just knock on office door and ask whoever is in the office at the time, loads of them there
Work nights so no one in the office  :(

biggerpicture

You can download a Holiday Request Form from Colleague Help

Prince of Darkness

Quote from: Kidder on 03-04-21, 12:27PM
Can I book my holiday for year 2023/24 in January 2022 or did I have to wait till 1.4.2022, please? I know is way to early but I don't want to be one hour late than my colleague and loose out as tesco police first come first served is not fer when you have kids.  Someone gets all holidays and other person get nothing.  Any experience in this matter, please? Thank you 😊
You won't be able to book holiday for 23/24 until 1 April 2022.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk