Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 04:23PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 318
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 307
Total: 310

Why should I give my personal data to Tesco??

Started by lucgeo, 06-11-20, 02:36PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Quote from: Redshoes on 10-11-20, 06:39AM
"I have had to join other schemes when I have not wanted to."

:o Did these companies use the thumbscrews or the rack  8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

NightAndDay

The companys using reward card schemes collect data on your purchases, feed it through a BW/BI system which along with everyone elses purchase data gets transformed according to very clever algorithms and heuristics based on demographics and other factors, the results of which are then fed into marketing software agents which "tailor fit" their discounts that get sent to your address.

Redshoes

Everywhere we go we are asked if we have a card. I have joined when I did not want to but benefitted from an offer I would not have had otherwise. I object to joining mainly because I hate the cards, I have several now. I go in a shop and I sometimes don't know if I am a member or not. I don't know what colour the card is. It's an irritation but it's part of the world we live in.

Nomad

Irritants become part of the world we live in only when people accept them, if not it dies out.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

person7

Quote from: NightAndDay on 11-11-20, 02:53PM
The companys using reward card schemes collect data on your purchases, feed it through a BW/BI system which along with everyone elses purchase data gets transformed according to very clever algorithms and heuristics based on demographics and other factors, the results of which are then fed into marketing software agents which "tailor fit" their discounts that get sent to your address.

tailored discounts?? what? I've never had discounts sent to my address

I've been with tesco clubcard since well forever. when it was very old cards like 12+ years

I've not had ANY discount coupons for over 8 years (i stopped gettign them 1 year before i moved to my flat hence why i know its 8 years ago) and I've only worked for tesco for 2 years, so i assumed they stopped doing them years and years ago. all i get is boring plain you have £6.50 in vouchers.

only coupons i ever got was when we used to get payday booklets

NightAndDay

If you have the clubcard app, based on your purchases you get e-vouchers for things like extra points when you buy product x or 50p off a tin of baked beans etc. They would be listed under coupons and offers in the app. Address/account can be used  interchangeably based on how  use technology.

notsofunny

Quote from: person7 on 12-11-20, 12:56PM
Quote from: NightAndDay on 11-11-20, 02:53PM

tailored discounts?? what? I've never had discounts sent to my address

I've been with tesco clubcard since well forever. when it was very old cards like 12+ years

I've not had ANY discount coupons for over 8 years (i stopped getting them 1 year before i moved to my flat hence why i know its 8 years ago) and I've only worked for tesco for 2 years, so i assumed they stopped doing them years and years ago. all i get is boring plain you have £6.50 in vouchers.

only coupons i ever got was when we used to get payday booklets

I get them all the time , Double points every 3 months , extra point off on things ,money off ones , not as much as before but still get them , One thing I find is that if you buy the same item all the time you don't get them , But if you have not had something for some time they send you coupons for that item ,, must be something the producer picks up on and funds the coupon , that's one reason i buy only those things on offer that I can chop and change without making a difference to me Like hand wash ,

person7

Sent them message on twitter as to why I've not had one for 8 years.. lived here 7 years and they stopped a good year before I moved!

person7

Got a reply.. Apparently its only for people who don't shop in tesco much?

"Hi
I am going to be totally honest.
Coupons are sent from an external marketing company and the focus is for customers who have not shopped with us for a long time or totally new customers.
Customers like yourself who always shop with us are very rarely going to get any coupons.
Tesco has taken the stance to reward customers like yourself with the Clubcard vouchers scheme where you get 1 point for every pound you spend.
These vouchers can then be boosted for 2-3 times the value.
Our focus for long term customers is to improve this system and offer better Clubcard boost partners.
I am sorry that our marketing team feel that they should not be targeting yourself. I am also in the same boat and have personally never received any coupons.
I will pass your feedback to our team.
Take care & please reply to this message if you have any other questions.
❤ Gary - Tesco Customer Care"

Yet why do all my friends who spend 3 times what I do in tesco get coupons EVERY statement?

Why (after seeing above about tailored coupons still being a thing) when I asked colleagues at work they said "oh yeh I got the big Christmas one as usual and I always get them all the time but rarely use half of them. I gave 8 of the 20 coupons to my mother as its a lot of gift sets"

What Christmas coupons? I've never had any!

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]

notsofunny

What I said still stands  and I shop each week with Tesco about £70 single shop, and how I explained it shows up on what you said as to targeting customers , and me changing products each week on some things like hand wash ,,  I buy bananas each week so never get a offer on them and any other Tesco lines I buy weekly , some months ago I moved from buying one type of Butter branded then on my last statement I got a offer voucher for that Butter ,,,,,,,,,,

NorthernJ

Seems I've upset someone which was not my intention it was just a question.  It just seemed like a very jaded cynical view from an ex-employee. I'm not sure how you can moan about 'verbal abuse' only to immediately then lay into me in the same comment. Not everyone has been on these forums for years to contribute.

My only problem with the promotion at the moment is the customers that don't know what the price difference means, at least 5-10 times per shift I'm being approached and being asked about the price difference which I'm happy to explain, but probably shouldn't have to if it was displayed in an easier way for people to understand.

Onto the topic of coupons, I spend about £10 a week in store and got 5 coupons and a double point coupon that can be used twice. Only one item I buy every week and the other coupons I've never purchased any of the products that are valid with them. So maybe you could say 1 of them is tailored and the rest aren't, it could also just be pot luck. I did not get any last year though.

NightAndDay

Quote from: person7 on 13-11-20, 08:10PM
Got a reply.. Apparently its only for people who don't shop in tesco much?

"Hi
I am going to be totally honest.
Coupons are sent from an external marketing company and the focus is for customers who have not shopped with us for a long time or totally new customers.
Customers like yourself who always shop with us are very rarely going to get any coupons.
Tesco has taken the stance to reward customers like yourself with the Clubcard vouchers scheme where you get 1 point for every pound you spend.
These vouchers can then be boosted for 2-3 times the value.
Our focus for long term customers is to improve this system and offer better Clubcard boost partners.
I am sorry that our marketing team feel that they should not be targeting yourself. I am also in the same boat and have personally never received any coupons.
I will pass your feedback to our team.
Take care & please reply to this message if you have any other questions.
❤ Gary - Tesco Customer Care"

Yet why do all my friends who spend 3 times what I do in tesco get coupons EVERY statement?

Why (after seeing above about tailored coupons still being a thing) when I asked colleagues at work they said "oh yeh I got the big Christmas one as usual and I always get them all the time but rarely use half of them. I gave 8 of the 20 coupons to my mother as its a lot of gift sets"

What Christmas coupons? I've never had any!

Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).

Have you tried using the clubcard app? You may see offers and coupons in there.

whatajoke2019

If anyone does use the Clubcard app it's worth checking you're opted into marketing communications under Menu>Preferences>Marketing Communications and making sure it's toggled to being opted in.

Personally I've noticed in the past eleven months if I shopped on a weekly basis I hardly got any coupons but once I switched to once a month I seem to get them.

From what I've seen on Yammer they have a set budget in terms of who gets what, and when.

person7

I never buy same brand stuff except for milk. I get whatever the cheapest product is.. And even then half the time I go lidls  ;D

Just strange everyone I know gets 3 "double points" vouchers every statement and always gets over 10 coupons.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk