News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:18PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 280
Total: 281

Investigation meeting: Front End

Started by barafear, 29-07-20, 02:36PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barafear

I wish I could just get back to basics:

1) I get invited to an investigation meeting to investigate complaints about xyz
2) The letter doesn't tell me who's made the complaint - so I go into investigation meeting with very limited info about what it's all about.
3) So, once I clarify who's made the complaint, I can then progress.
4) My concerns then become: Am I being investigated/possibly disciplined by the same manager who has "made the original complaint"
5) Clearly, my first investigation meeting felt that way.
6) My second investigation meeting - with exactly the same text (i.e. failure to comply with uniform regs) - is then "different"; this time the "complaint" is from a different manager and relates to "wearing a badge with a tiny piece of tape covering two letters on the name"
7) So, strictly speaking is this an example of "failure to adhere to the company uniform policy"? Is this a separate complaint? Is this "misdemeanour" so serious that it required an investigation rather than a lets talk?

barafear

forgot to say:

I received the date for my disciplinary meeting - I got two days notice!!

Sunpie

Everything you need to know is on colleague help.
I do believe it’s 24hrs notice

NightAndDay

Quote from: barafear on 18-09-20, 02:35PM
I wish I could just get back to basics:

1) I get invited to an investigation meeting to investigate complaints about xyz
2) The letter doesn't tell me who's made the complaint - so I go into investigation meeting with very limited info about what it's all about.
3) So, once I clarify who's made the complaint, I can then progress.
4) My concerns then become: Am I being investigated/possibly disciplined by the same manager who has "made the original complaint"
5) Clearly, my first investigation meeting felt that way.
6) My second investigation meeting - with exactly the same text (i.e. failure to comply with uniform regs) - is then "different"; this time the "complaint" is from a different manager and relates to "wearing a badge with a tiny piece of tape covering two letters on the name"
7) So, strictly speaking is this an example of "failure to adhere to the company uniform policy"? Is this a separate complaint? Is this "misdemeanour" so serious that it required an investigation rather than a lets talk?

Keep in mind, depending on how you want to approach this issue, the disciplining manager isn't the final arbiter in the decision of what is an appropriate level of disciplinary for you to receive for the case of a subjective uniform conduct issue, the final arbiter is an employment tribunal judge, even the mickey mouse area manager and unqualified people partner have to adhere to the decisions made by the right honourable, duly qualified meritocratically appointed due dilligenced judge. They are after all the entity put in place to spank the corporations when they step out of line. What you're going through sounds like a textbook case of constructive dismissal, I'd even suggest that there are case studies strikingly similar to what you're going through for you to use as the basis for such a claim, I can assume safely that you're a long service colleague, and they're looking to *cough cough* "manage you out of the business" to save money on potential future redundancy payments.

barafear

Whilst I don't disagree with you, any tribunal case is very time consuming and expensive if I need legal help. In terms of constructive dismissal, very hard to prove. I'm sure I read sometime that success rate was 3% and average compensation  award around 6000. So as a long standing member of staff, probably much less than any possible redundancy

Redshoes

one thing for sure, no matter where the process was started from it has to stick to process. The SM may have said "sort that out" but he won't have guided them through every step of the way. If there is a mistake the process is broken and the appeal will be overturned.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk