News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 05:31PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,116
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 309
Total: 312

Pay review 2021

Started by Witch69, 21-07-20, 09:25AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam29

Pay rise is 4th oct , shows in the16th October wage

Red75

If Jason Tarry wants to put his name to casting people's terms of employment down the river, good for him. At least the last one Matt something saw that this was rotten and didn't want to work for this s***.

Arin

I spend few hours on  “colleague-help.ourtesco ---> Pay-and-Benefits” and I found that in all 2019/20 information booklets it states that:

“Sunday / Bank Holiday premiums, Skills Payments, Location Pay and Night Premiums all remain unchanged.”

The problem is that I can’t find there any official information about night time hour  rate premium for the night staff , so if you have links, or any pdf booklet wich states all that ,please share with me.

stockcontroller

Quote from: Arin on 17-09-20, 01:26PM
Some of you know, what is actual payment for 2020 premium night working hours and what specific times  it covers?

Try, Stores >> night premium breakdown https://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=16717.msg219453#msg219453

If I remember correctly it's £2.21 extra per hour, for hours worked between 00.00 and 06.00, with an additional payment of £2.21 if you work all 6 of these hours and that hasn't changed in a few years. 

Sarah106

The additional £2.21 is a one off payment for any hours before midnight that you get if you also work the full 6 hours between midnight and 6 am

NightAndDay

Close but not quite, it's if you work 22:00-00:00 and the full night premium window of 00:00-06:00, then you get the extra £2.21 on top of the £2.21 per hour between 00:00-06:00 - break entitlement.

Suffice to say it's nowhere near as good as 5 years ago.

Arin

I see that we have many differentiations here - in this situation the most relevant supposed to be staff  handbook.pdf from 2018 , can some of you share link to this one, or can you share it here - I just want to have official informations, big thanks in advance :)

thor god of thunder

night premium is £2.21 per hour between 00.00 and 06.00.  You then get the £2.21 top up if you work these hours plus an hour either before or after that.  So you could work 00.00 to 07.00 and you would get the extra.  At my store at the time we worked 22.00 to 06.00 with 30 min break so the new way wasn't too bad apart from your short day where leaving at 0500 would mean no top up hour.

Daredevil

What date in October does this last part of our 2 year pay rise kick in?

Daredevil

Jonathan1970

Any updates on this years pay review.

Morrisons i hear went to £10 a hour for lowest paid staff members a few weeks ago

lordadmiral

Well Union is negotiating permanent 15% discount and pay rate of £12 per hour. Tesco is negotiating no discount at all and no payrise as past year was very difficult.

NightAndDay

Do you have a source for this information? Not calling you a liar, but this is the same union that let past the downgrade of Sunday and Bank holiday premium from time and a half to time and a quarter for a 16p increase in pay, not to mention the recent 2 year Jim'll Fixit It Mickey Mouse pay reviews given to employees, granted the last one was ok, but a damn sight worse than what is essentially a 33% increase in the pay and additional benefits you say they're negotiating.

Add to this £12 an hour is more than what some semi-skilled workers make.

dotnochance

Past year was difficult? lol f*** off tesco no it wasn't you made a s*** ton of money. and they day the union negotiate that deal will be the day hell freezes over.

King1999

They've done all they can to male it difficult for staff ........ bleating s*** as usual twatco.

kaled78

I think quite a few people would take 12 quid an hour and no discount,but I think who ever told you discount is going should be listened to with a pinch of salt

Biscuit tin

I'd be very surprised if they ever got rid of discount. Whole point of it is to keep you loyal. They know they're getting average family monthly shop of £400 back out of your wages.

NightAndDay

It's sort of an expected perk these days, virtually every other competitor offers a 10% discount. I don't even work for Tesco and get a 20% discount through the employee benefits portal.

forrestgimp

The thing with discount is its cost effective. they tell you its worth a thousand quid (not sure of the exact amount) of discounted goods per year but how many actually hit that. I know about 5 people in our store who do run out the rest get nowhere near.

You have to put 10k through the tills to max out your discount and Tesco can tell you 'Hey look on top of your wages we are giving you an extra 1k'

The reality is quite different though. I have long fought for and asked for them to give out whatever you dont use as cash at the end of the year, But at union meetings and regional forum meetings I was met with stoney silence from Area Organisers and the regional manager (who changed virtualy on a yearly basis also)

So yep discount is great but I would give it up for the extra guaranteed in my pay packet.

Mark calloway

One guy who wrote on our tesco ran out in Nov. That's well over £300 a week he was spending

newguy20

I know quite a few people who run out but they tend to have large families etc.

chris9997

I think that to remove the limit until March is more to do with sales than helping staff
They are fully aware of how much this perk is worth to staff and if the amount of staff who have used there allowance has increased greatly then this will effect there sales.

oldfashionedplayer

They removed it because of issues at least 100+ had of discount going from like 600 to 200 after spending £5 or a £1 or £35 etc.... With their balances completely disappearing and such.  It was later reported in the media that clubcards were being cloned, and some had it confirmed they had their 2nd clubcards transactions were fraudulent.  So it's not a "hey, thanks for all you guys are doing (we know that with 15% you run out quicker so we gave you a bit extra), it's "we've screwed up" by not fixing the internal issues of discounts not working properly and the high number of fraud, so we are using that as cover.

grim up north

Quote from: lordadmiral on 10-02-21, 09:12PM
Well Union is negotiating permanent 15% discount and pay rate of £12 per hour. Tesco is negotiating no discount at all and no payrise as past year was very difficult.

i read that post as a mickey take

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk