News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:29AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Pay review 2021

Started by Witch69, 21-07-20, 09:25AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Witch69

Hi when will we hear if we are getting a payrise next year for hourly paid staff

Plato

We have a pay rise in November this year anyway. The negations  🤔 start again soon, and we would hear outcome next year in June I think .

dotnochance

“Negotiations starting soon” oh great what benefits we loosing this time?

NightAndDay

By then, supposedly it will be Ken Murphy taking the helm, so expect even more mickey mouse reviews along the lines of "20% increase over 3 years" and the small print saying they'll get rid of bank holiday and sunday premium and continue to freeze night premiums (the night premium being frozen again will not go down well however as it's been frozen for the past 4 years, dwindling pay differentials on night premium will increase staff turnover of night workers (by pay differentials, i mean night premium rate as a proportion of base rate, £2.21 night premium an hour with a base rate of £7.68 an hour (which was the last time it had a raise) is almost 30% of the base rate, in November it will be £9.30 with night premium still at £2.21, which is just over 20%  of the base rate.)

Redshoes

I read somewhere that as tax payers we will be paying for COVID for 40 years. As a company we have had to pay for the cost of COVID too. This is not the time for anybody to expect a huge pay rise. At a time when a lot of places are heading towards closure and redundancies, and it looks like we are going to have a record number of people out of work which adds to the tax bill as we have to pay benefits too so I would expect minimal increase.

lucgeo

Anybody told Dave Lewis that  ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lordadmiral

Quote from: dotnochance on 21-07-20, 09:51AM
“Negotiations starting soon” oh great what benefits we loosing this time?

We are gaining more duties as cleaners are gone ;D ;D ;D so tesco will not make any cuts to anger the workers

dotnochance

Yeah they can get f***ed with cleaning my extra, it takes like 6 cleaners 6 hours to do a full clean every day

Morris999

It’s for Express and Metro stores only.
Which to be honest makes sense in the Express stores.
It’s really not that hard to clean up after yourselfs in the back areas is it now.
As for the shop floor most expresses are not that big that a colleague cannot go round in 30-60 Mins with a mop and bucket each day.
And let’s be honest if there’s a spillage you would clean it up there and then, not leave it most of the day till the contract cleaner turns up, who probably only gets an hour maybe two to do the entire shop.
It might also highlight the feral colleagues in stores, who think nothing of destroying the toilets and leaving it for cleaners to deal with, not to mention how they leave the officers/eating areas.

lordadmiral

It is fine with staff cleaning the store. It is normal. Problem is that tesco will not add extra hours for  such tasks. For years we are going through structure change.  Every time when we lost some hours it was said it's because of the cuts in workload or/and people will move to another department. But in fact it turned out to be more work/tasks but less hours.

Another thing I would like to point out.  When Tesco closed chicken counter in our store cleaning company were told that they will move hours to other areas but instead Tesco eventually cut hours even more but when I speak to cleaners they say they are asked to pick up even more work, same will happen with Tesco staff.

Bare in mind it is not a problem to have budget to do the work, problem is to have people who can do the job.

NightAndDay

Quote from: Redshoes on 22-07-20, 07:30AM
I read somewhere that as tax payers we will be paying for COVID for 40 years. As a company we have had to pay for the cost of COVID too. This is not the time for anybody to expect a huge pay rise. At a time when a lot of places are heading towards closure and redundancies, and it looks like we are going to have a record number of people out of work which adds to the tax bill as we have to pay benefits too so I would expect minimal increase.

The past 2 pay reviews have been among the worst in Tescos recent history and this was before the Corona Outbreak, the end result of these was staggered dates of implementation (the 2 year pay review lasted 2 years and a few months) and the NLW being within a few pence of the new rate in April. Tescos ca rate goes up to £9.30 an hour in November, the national living wage at the moment is £8.72, whether the government will let the coronavirus impact their next next increase is up to them, but with the decrease in VAT to 5% on food, tourist attractions and alcohol, it would suggest they're looking at alternate measures to both, give businesses breathing room and enhance standard of living by not mandating a below inflation increase. With this in mind, at the very least the next pay review can't be much worse than what we've already had.

King1999

Just remember the company was more than happy to make bakers redundant at the height of the crisis..... the more this joke of a company wants minimal staff to do they can dam well pay for it.Lewis disappears into the sunset with a massive bonus,remember that s*** aswell.My advise to everyone work to rule snail pace is what your getting paid for.

stacker62

Was going to mention about Drastic and his huge bonuses! How did he warrant that?. Won't be any better with the latest one coming in!

Night and Day.

The pay rise takes effect from 04 October 2020, not November.

Redshoes

Quote from: King1999 on 22-07-20, 03:32PM
Just remember the company was more than happy to make bakers redundant at the height of the crisis..... the more this joke of a company wants minimal staff to do they can dam well pay for it.Lewis disappears into the sunset with a massive bonus,remember that s*** aswell.My advise to everyone work to rule snail pace is what your getting paid for.

This was already happening, it just continued. Tech have gone, I was tech so I have been affected but moved into a different role now. Changes will always continue to happen. Things generally get simpler and as such they have a loss in hours. Nobody should be thinking that things for them will just stay the same, companies evolve. Shopping patterns change. We need to adapt. Tech was popular with customers but did not make a profit so it went.

King1999

Yeah agree with change but treating your workforce like s*** will only make a tosco a less attractive place to work.Really can’t see it changing though,they have zero value on staff now.Getting overstretched staff cleaning stores is a prime example of we are working you to breaking point while we sit in our ivory towers thinking it’s all brilliant.Feel like the business has been run down since Lewis has been at the helm.Time will tell I guess.

specialgravy

Quote from: Morris999 on 22-07-20, 10:56AM
It’s for Express and Metro stores only.
Which to be honest makes sense in the Express stores.
It’s really not that hard to clean up after yourselfs in the back areas is it now.
As for the shop floor most expresses are not that big that a colleague cannot go round in 30-60 Mins with a mop and bucket each day.
And let’s be honest if there’s a spillage you would clean it up there and then, not leave it most of the day till the contract cleaner turns up, who probably only gets an hour maybe two to do the entire shop.
It might also highlight the feral colleagues in stores, who think nothing of destroying the toilets and leaving it for cleaners to deal with, not to mention how they leave the officers/eating areas.
this is quite a post from someone who clearly has no experience of what its like to work in a busy express store. the cleaning of spillages and chiller cabinets are already done by colleagues, the cleaner does 2-2.5 hrs a day cleaning . they work none stop during this time doing work that is not always pleasant and what they complete in a morning has to be maintained ,by colleagues,throughout the day.  this 14 hrs a week minimum will come out of an already stretched pool of staff hours and only a fool would think these are going to be added to a store budget. its another example of rewarding hard work and effort with more work.
you should do a bit of research before posting speculative nonsense at a time when already pressured people are being put under more strain.   

chris9997

To do the cleaning stores will get extra budget so it says then in a few months when budgets are reset see this extra vanish.

lordadmiral

I know its about small formats but let me give an example from our SS. When we are asked to do some cleaning (shelves, chillers) whole team is loosing, for example 15 worker *30 minutes = 7.5h. It is one whole shift.
It is a masive lost especially our store need 17 workers when we have super super small deloivery (for example no produce delivery) and up to 22 on busiest days. So that extra cleaning task is a killer.
It has to be done, it is a fact but there is simply no man power in the building. So how Express can do it??

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Modena

So will they be looking after the drivers after they took away our market supplement and we are busier than ever?

dotnochance

Laughs in board members increased bonuses

Arin

Some of you know, what is actual payment for 2020 premium night working hours and what specific times  it covers?

[gmod]Try, Stores >> night premium breakdown https://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=16717.msg219453#msg219453[/gmod]

Arin

Thank you for sharing it, but it looks quite old since it is from 2018, so my another question is: do we have any staff handbook, which clearly states all of that?
or do you now where I can download staff handbook in pdf formant, for years: (2019/20 , or even this older from 2018..)

Thanks for help!

Redshoes

No handbooks now, everything online.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk