News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

23-04-24, 06:46PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,899
  • Latest: dezza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,400
  • Total Topics: 637
  • Online today: 251
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 230
Total: 235

Pay review 2021

Started by Witch69, 21-07-20, 09:25AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barafear

Isn't it getting to that time of the year when we (general GAs) would actually hear about the "agreed pay review" - even though we know it won't be implemented until November or beyond!!

I know a couple of years ago it was leaked and they had to announce it in February - but I thought before then it was always announced in May?

I know they probably think we've been kept sweet by the "unexpected" 2% bonus!! But ......it would be nice to hear when the basic hourly pay will be hitting £10!!

NightAndDay

New CEO since then, it would be under his remit to decide if they'll be new pay announcement periods.

He's a bigger axe wielder than Dave so wouldn't be surprised if he staggers pay reviews past the 1 year range to save a few months worth of money on enhanced payroll.

barafear

I would be surprised if this was in the CEO's remit - surely it's driven by the HR team (do we have a HR Team) or whoever deals with pay policies etc?

I would have thought that the regular "negotiations" with the Usdaw reps would have been happening now?
I know (or believe) that it's only about 10-12 of the "most senior reps" who sit in on these meetings and "fight" our corner.

I'm not waiting with baited breath because I can't see there being much positivity but just wondered whether anyone had access to "news from Usdaw" - actually I'm an Usdaw member - I wonder how I can ask about the latest negotiations?

Has anyone got any news on the pay rise for 2021? On the planning guide it's listed as hourly pay reviews ends week 15

Aunt sally

I have heard its the 7th june we find out

fatboy

Where you heard that from?

Aunt sally

Was on a union page

Nellysonuk123

When is this supposed 2% bonus to be paid? Does anyone have an inkling of just how it will be calculated.

NightAndDay

Quote from: barafear on 11-05-21, 02:29PM
I would be surprised if this was in the CEO's remit - surely it's driven by the HR team (do we have a HR Team) or whoever deals with pay policies etc?

I would have thought that the regular "negotiations" with the Usdaw reps would have been happening now?
I know (or believe) that it's only about 10-12 of the "most senior reps" who sit in on these meetings and "fight" our corner.

I'm not waiting with baited breath because I can't see there being much positivity but just wondered whether anyone had access to "news from Usdaw" - actually I'm an Usdaw member - I wonder how I can ask about the latest negotiations?

The CPO/CHRO would still report to the CEO, the CEO would be consulted or at least informed of decisions around compensation from the CPO, this is typical of standard business structures, Tesco is quite typical in this regard and most likely will follow this structure, the CEO will still have input in this though as one of the CEO's key accountabilities is maintaining the shareprice for the shareholders, something which wages will factor in. The CEO has to see their vision or strategic end-point made reality, aspects such as work environment, role definitions,  wages, benefits and service offering is at the heart of what the CEO does and plans.

Rad

Quote from: Nellysonuk123 on 14-05-21, 09:18PM
When is this supposed 2% bonus to be paid? Does anyone have an inkling of just how it will be calculated.

From recollection it will be around 1 weeks basic wage.  Previous bonuses not included in the calculation. 

helpme

Quote from: Rad on 16-05-21, 10:40PM
Quote from: Nellysonuk123 on 14-05-21, 09:18PM

From recollection it will be around 1 weeks basic wage.  Previous bonuses not included in the calculation.
Thought it was only management who now get a bonus?

Rad

All colleagues are getting a 2 % bonus for their work over the past year , paid in June.
Line managers and lead team get 2.5 % in May.
Wl3 and above still get their large bonus. 

redeo

That's a bummer I thought the bonus was this month, dentist bills on credit card I guess.

fatboy

Can't believe the outcome of the pay review hasn't been leaked yet. Is it correct that we are supposed to find out the outcome on 7th June? I'm also thinking that CDD's may be going to get an increased skills payment as I've read that a new band for skills payment has been created just for CDD's.

NightAndDay

CDDs had an increase in pay last pay review (more than others), I don't think a new grade will be made as there's higher grade categories than what CDD falls under, maybe more likely it's going to be 1 grade higher, or maybe 1 grade below shift leader.

fatboy

NightAndDay, the following is copied from 'New and recently updated policies' on Ourtesco from Feb 2021. Skills Payments – removal of Semi-Skilled Baker as role no longer exists. Customer delivery driver re-categorised from grade D to grade H.  (Grade H is between grade D and grade E).

NightAndDay

Sounds like they're making the grading system more convoluted, at least before it made logical sense, grades A/B was lowest paid and as the letters go in ascending order so does the grade and pay.

Sounds like this could have been restructured more logically.

Ursula21

Has there been any news on whether we're getting a bonus next month? As there's been no news at work, only on here. Thank-you

5fdp

Bonus for staff in June pay. This has been in the T5 and on "Our Tesco" for a while.  Managers got theirs in May.

Ursula21

Sorry, my store has had no info whatsoever, managers either didn't wanna say or didn't know and we don't do Team 5s anymore

Call me

CA going from£9.30 to £9.50 

Quote from: Call me on 05-06-21, 11:58PM
how do you no this? The pay review is not until next week is it?

BarryZola

I don't think even Tesco would only put us up to £9.50. I'd be leaving if that happened. To be honest, if it doesn't go at least to £10 I'll be gone in 12 months. With the c**p you have to put up with just with the workload and then with serving customers etc it's just not anything like worth the money. When they keep the wages that low it makes it an easy decision to look for better opportunities elsewhere as the money can't really get any worse. I don't think even Tesco are that stupid.

fatboy

Think it may be tomorrow when the outcome of the review is announced.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Quote from: .....1 on 06-06-21, 07:17AM
Quote from: Call me on 05-06-21, 11:58PM
how do you no this? The pay review is not until next week is it?

How about more work for each CA by not replacing leavers, no rise and strip out some layers of management after all the pandemic, brexit, equal pay and the Aldi up the road has and will cost us a fortune. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk