News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:36PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,124
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

RHRP

Started by Witch69, 09-06-20, 08:02AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Witch69

Don't know if this has been asked before.  Been ask to move my hours but straight away I will loss money. I can't  move unless I cut my hours which I can't afford to do because of childcare problem.

Can they force me to move my hours

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

lucgeo

Quote from: Witch69 on 09-06-20, 08:02AM
Don't know if this has been asked before.  Been ask to move my hours but straight away I will loss money. I can't  move unless I cut my hours which I can't afford to do because of childcare problem.

Is the whole store under moving hours or just you?

Are you saying they want you to drop hours...or the move will result in you needing to drop hours due to childcare commitments?

First part they can't....second part they should take childcare commitments into consideration, but the child needs to be below a certain age, or have special needs and you are their recognised carer.

Read through the attachment threads Nomad has posted, all the scenarios should answer you query.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Witch69

Quote from: lucgeo on 09-06-20, 05:34PM
Quote from: Witch69 on 09-06-20, 08:02AM

Is the whole store under moving hours or just you?

Are you saying they want you to drop hours...or the move will result in you needing to drop hours due to childcare commitments?

First part they can't....second part they should take childcare commitments into consideration, but the child needs to be below a certain age, or have special needs and you are their recognised carer.

Read through the attachment threads Nomad has posted, all the scenarios should answer you query.

A few in store are being asked move hour would mean I'm out of pocket thanks both

Nomad

Witch69, if you are happy to do it then fine, if it causes you insoluble problems then make sure they follow all the rules inc timings and consultations.

Make sure you read through the info in my second link which was a contribution by a very competent and helpful shop steward.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Witch69

Panicworker

They cant change your hours if you suffer financial.
They will try but stand your ground

kaled78

they can if they offer you protected pay,it has happened many times in the past

lucgeo

protected pay, is not a tweaking of hours in store situation...its part of the RHRP consultation process...with timescales, meetings offers of protected pay, which in itself, is a gradual decline of pay over two years.

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

kaled78

have any other stores been told that their deli counter is not going to re-open ever again,and will go permanent grab and go?No redundancy option,staff will be rhrp to other areas

sammy

Yes my store was told this too on Monday

jonty

Yes the deli in my store is not reopening.

King1999

Sneaky b*****ds ....... again

Jacks

I have been checking updates on policies and have noticed the Moving Hours policy updated this month. A sign there is a change coming.

whatajoke2019

The PDF claims the following:

January 2021: Information removed around supporting Counters and Beauty World D grade colleagues with a pay impact.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk