News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 04:20PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 318
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 303
Total: 306

Holiday argument with manager

Started by taliahad, 20-03-20, 12:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruff

As long as it's been 7 days with no reply then the holidays are yours

taliahad

Thank you for your replies.  If I ever get this meeting I will state this fact plainly.  What a flaming mess it all is. 

Tinkerbell1234

My store manager always changes our holidays and expects us to work 6 days he has his holidays and 2 days off a week my colleague wont say no and does it and then moans about it i told her to speak up she wont im worried for her well being she complains her legs hurt not sure what to do other colleagues take their holidays and days off  shes ment to be off next 2 weeks holiday and she will work but complains to the colleagues not the manager

Halftone84

Quote from: Scruff on 30-03-20, 12:55PM
found it

"Stores
Fill in the annual holiday request form, found on Our Tesco, and give this to your manager. Your manager will have seven days to let you know whether your holiday request has been authorised or not.
If your holiday request cannot be authorised, your manager will explain why this is and whether there are any alternative options such as shift swaps, using personal day or bank holiday entitlement or unpaid leave.
If you have not had a response in seven days, you can assume your request has been authorised."

Where is this found ?

What's the deal with the 7 days being while am is on holiday/sick ? I assume no different ?

Nomad

If any member of MM is on holiday or off sick then their work and responsibilities are delegated to either a fellow member of MM or stand in, it is the companies problem not yours.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Halftone84

Thought it would be something like that.

Am I screwed that nobody signed it the day I handed it in though ? It's been on the wall in the office since 25/1 untouched.

oldfashionedplayer

As long as you've handed it to them personally, it's up to then to fill it in afterwards, make a note that you handed it to them on such and such date, of you get it back that they received it say today. And then gave back, then you grievance it, it's been past 7 days though so I'd ask for your holiday form back and let them know "due to it being past 7 days, all holidays I've put in will be automatically authorised due to the holiday policy" 😂

Halftone84

No, it was only a shift leader on at the time, so I filled the form in, dated it, and put it on the clipboard on the wall where it couldn't be missed.

Welshie

Sorry this will be no help to you now but in future if you can't hand it to your manager, send them a txt to say you've left it for them because if they acknowledge the txt then you have proof they know you have requested holidays .

Nomad

What a sad company this has become.  Won't be long before one has to submit a holiday request in an envelope with your own personal wax seal across the flap, signed, dated and witnessed by two independent people.  A copy posted to yourself.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Redshoes

Will go online at some point. Some stores have already. Work & Pay is on the way but when it first launches the holiday booking is staying as it is. Once system settled the holiday booking will go online too. Think if it had not been for COVID it would have rolled out by now. All salaried colleagues and some trial stores are on the system now. Glitches has been things like premium pay. Holidays will go to booking by the hour, rather than by the day like now.

Nomad

And those not on internet, or those unwilling to or not competent on it ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

penguin

The company I now work for allows you to e-mail a holiday request to your line manager, and a paper form staff can fill in and hand to a manager, its up to each person what method they use, I did ask when starting why two systems were in place, reply "Some people prefer the older pen and paper approach and we are not going to force them to use e-mails just to book a week off"

Seems a perfectly sensible approach and one Tesco should bring in when the new online holiday booking system comes out, however knowing Tesco as I do there is little chance of a common sense approach. Back in 2019 each express group had someone going round stores offering free training on computers and smart phones etc so people would be ready for the move to online systems for holidays etc, sadly it did not really work well in practice as most store managers were not happy about there staff been taken off duty for a couple of hours to do the training and often failed to support it.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

newguy20

Realistically how many people will that affect though. Given that training etc is signed off online. No issues even with a few of the grannies on the tills they all pick it up quick enough.

It's just catching up with other companies , in other jobs I don't think I've filled in a physical holiday form in 10 years or more?

penguin

There are still people who refuse or are unable to use computers to do online training, in my last shop we had a couple who flat out refused and a manager had to sit in there and control the pc while asking the staff member to read and answer questions. Without going into the details we also had a young man who had learning disabilities that made it hard for him to use computers and it was agreed he could do his training in this way as a reasonable adjustment.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

forrestgimp

Quote from: Nomad on 07-02-21, 12:13PM
And those not on internet, or those unwilling to or not competent on it ?

Mate i have not had a payslip since it went inhouse, I forgot my password because I couldnt use one of the last 24 (seriously what is that all about i struggle to remember my name never mind the last 24 passwords) I made one up and promptly forgot it 2 seconds later.

Upshot is a manager told me they did a request for me because I cant do one myself (why not its my account, my password and my payslip but I have to get a manager to do a forgotten password request then they give me my password, thats nice now 2 people know it incase I forget it I assume) this never materialised and so I am passwordless and payslipless.

bit of a joke really.

grim up north

Quote from: Nomad on 07-02-21, 08:28AM
What a sad company this has become.  Won't be long before one has to submit a holiday request in an envelope with your own personal wax seal across the flap, signed, dated and witnessed by two independent people.  A copy posted to yourself.

Lolled at that one!

Redshoes

It seems odd to be discussing online the issues with more work related things going online

londoner83

The biggest issue with the move online is the process to get new passwords for  people that constantly forget theirs.

Nomad

Quote from: Redshoes on 08-02-21, 07:19AM
It seems odd to be discussing online the issues with more work related things going online
It would be but for the fact that some of us can grasp the problems that it creates for some who are not as technically minded as others.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Villager No.6

Quote from: londoner83 on 08-02-21, 08:12AM
The biggest issue with the move online is the process to get new passwords for  people that constantly forget theirs.
I’m on my fifth password, I don’t forget them, they “expire” or so it states when I try to log on to my account after not using it for a time.
My last but one worked for months then suddenly wouldn’t work, my manager enquired why and it turned out I hadn’t used a special character. Seems someone decided that passwords had to include a capital letter; lower case letter; a number and a special character where it once wasn’t required just suggested.

whatajoke2019

OneLogin passwords expire every 90 days and you can't use the previous 24... I can remember Marathon bars just before they were re-branded to Snickers but I'll be damned if I can remember the past 24 passwords...!  :D

You have to send a form off on Comms to request a password reset then it's on User Reports on Desktop (as an Excel file) but it's not fool proof; I've helped two colleagues reset theirs and the 'new' temporary one didn't work.

If you set up your phone number on My Account you can be sent a one time passcode to regain access-that *seems* to work better.

forrestgimp

so can i set up my phone number and reset my account password myself? I mean they tell you not to share passwords woth others and yet force you to allow managers to be given access and the new password when you need it reset.

might email them and complain about cyber security see what happens.

whatajoke2019

If you search online for To5co My Account then, yes, you can negate the need for others to see your temporary password  :thumbup:.

gomezz

Quote from: forrestgimp on 08-02-21, 10:28PM
so can i set up my phone number and reset my account password myself? I mean they tell you not to share passwords woth others and yet force you to allow managers to be given access and the new password when you need it reset.

might email them and complain about cyber security see what happens.
The temporary password can only be used to change the password to something of your own choosing and which you obviously don't share with anyone else.  The temporary password is ephemeral and useless once you have made the password change it enforces.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk