News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:19PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

MYSHIFT

Started by extrastore, 10-02-20, 10:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spike_pkh

MyShift has no correlation with pay. Speak to your manager ir you have concerns about your hours but dont even worry abour what MyShift says

Guidance

Hi I am a new worker. I don’t fully know what I am doing in terms of the online programmes for workers.

I was given an introduction and told about certain things but nobody really showed me how to use the apps, or even how to download them. I have heard the other colleagues talking about info etc. I would like to download it (mainly to see where certain products are located for customers) but I don’t have a Tesco email to sign up for it.

What I would like to do is find out how to see my shifts. I know that I work the same hours every week but I would like to see where this is. I have an our Tesco account and an employee number.

There isn’t any hours listed on there. So how do I find this out?

Sorry to sound naive.

whatajoke2019

Good evening.

You're not naïve at all. I don't know when it'll come down but your manager needs to check the Users report on G/H Drive (they'll need to access Stores Desktop) and you'll have a @tes5co.com email address and temporary password.

If you head to colleague.ourte5co.com (replace the 5 with s) you'll then be asked to enter your temporary password then create a new one.

In future you'll head to colleague.ourte5co.com and on their you'll use the myShift tile to be able to see what hours/days you're working. The hours shown have breaks deducted already.

It's worth pointing out it's only 100% accurate if your manager has used the tablet to put any shifts/overtime/time off in-so it's only reliable if they are reliable  :D.

To use Inform if you use the search facility on VLH you'll be able to find out how to get sorted-you'll need your @te5co.com email address and password to access it.

newguy20

Myshift seems to be playing up recently or is this management input being wrong? I often pick up 4hr shifts on overtime and myshift has them down at 3.75hrs... I have always understood that 4hr shifts do not have a break in them.

Also some departments just don't bother inputting data into it eg checkouts and PFS do in my store, services never do it.

oldfashionedplayer

Under 4 hours is no break, 4 hours is 15 mins, so if you do a 4 hour shift you'll be down as a 15 min break, meaning if your working thst 15 mins your free to tesco for it, work shifts of 3.75 hours or get them to exception it to 4 hours and also backdate with a pay query for all overtime you've done.  It's all in the working hours policy.

newguy20

I have worked so many 4 hour shifts and been told you don't get a break and indeed when on departments which allocate breaks (e.g. checkouts) no break relief is written down for you. although I keep a record of my hours in my diary and have not been underpaid so far. will query next week.

fatboy

If you work dotcom, then a 4hr shift is paid 4hrs. Only if you work over 4hrs are you deducted a break.

jem4345

We should not tannoy them by full name but we can tannoy Susan to the CSD or a colleague from Non-Food.
Sorry, I see this is almost a year old, but looking through help centre etc to find where it states this? Can you help please?

Er17

Anyone else having trouble with Myshift today. All my shifts have disappeared and not showing any info. 0 hours showing. Another c*** up I suppose.

msl1791

Yes, mine has gone aswell. Nothing amazes me now >:D

ProdavnicaTajni

Mine's gone too.

anais

My shifts have also disappeared

ClatterMan

Ditto with the vanished shifts-thought i had been sacked or something,which would could be a blessing in disguise the way the company is now.
All shifts worked gone as well.

Batmanjo

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 21-11-20, 11:15PM
Under 4 hours is no break, 4 hours is 15 mins, so if you do a 4 hour shift you'll be down as a 15 min break, meaning if your working thst 15 mins your free to tesco for it, work shifts of 3.75 hours or get them to exception it to 4 hours and also backdate with a pay query for all overtime you've done.  It's all in the working hours policy.

Anyone who let's any company use their private phone for company business are also being underpaid and will have cookies to track what they are doing in and out of work, can anyone explain why would you do any company training on your own time on your own phone ? madness, just like not taking a break when you are unpaid I would seriously put a grievance in against the manager for not correcting this mistake previously and get the back pay you are entitled to. Managers just ain't what they used to be.

person7

Quote from: extrastore on 10-02-20, 10:24AM
I have just looked at my shifts on MYSHIFT and it bears no relationship to the shifts I have already worked and the future shifts. I work the same exact shifts and hours every week so why does MYSHIFT not reflect this?

I've had a FEW issues with it - it even said i had TWO shifts the same day and overtime was a good 3 hours LESS then i actually did! (but it was correct on the system as i checked with my manager and he showed me)

yet my regular ones all seem "different" every week even though its my contracted hours

redeo

Quote from: Yogurt on 16-02-20, 09:21PM
There shouldn't be paper copies of Rotas available.  If you are on a flexible contract you should do doing your core and your addition hours should be recorded on a record of hours sheet.  You should not have access to other peoples shift pattern due to GDPR.  So when the tablet was introduced all paper Rotas should have been removed.  There will be some IT issues will it but in general the shifts on it should reflect what you have been asked to do.
LOL. All the people shifts are kept in a folder that anyone on checkouts can look at. We all have a good nose at what everyone else is doing and see who currently the favourite that is getting all the over time.

It the same on Customer Service Desk, everyone shifts is on one piece of paper in a folder that anyone in the store can look at it. Been this way for 4 years, an no one has ever moans. It also make finding people to swap shifts with easy.

redeo

Quote from: newguy20 on 21-11-20, 11:04PM
Myshift seems to be playing up recently or is this management input being wrong? I often pick up 4hr shifts on overtime and myshift has them down at 3.75hrs... I have always understood that 4hr shifts do not have a break in them.

Also some departments just don't bother inputting data into it eg checkouts and PFS do in my store, services never do it.
4 hours shift, is a 15 minute unpaid break. If people are telling you that you have no break they are getting an extra 15 minutes of free work out your arse and you should go an tell them to f off and take your 15 minute break. Well may be skip the F part.

Hophop

I work dotcom 6am to 2pm today I went in  and got a lets talk so did about 20 staff for being late, but strage as I signed in at 6 and on shop floor for 6, their reason was I should be on shop floor and ready scan out of dotcom AT 6am, surly that's not right? I'm not giving them a few minutes free every day! Same with end of day we pick right to 2pm sometime 5\10 past. Does anyone have the actual policy or know where it's written down?

kaled78

sounds like bully tactics from your manager,if you clock in a 6am you are not late for work,all of you should grievence the stupid idiot

forrestgimp

They used to say the same to the PFS people right up to they realised they were liable and all of a sudden they get a 15 min payment at start and end of shift for clocking in/out and they all got a payout some got thousands of which my mate is one. She was well happy that day.

sounds like a similar thing if they want you to clock in early to get to your workstation at 6.

oldfashionedplayer

Pretty much just ask them for the security policy thing, the one they usually make you read and sign after staff have been caught stealing recently, it outlines things like "you can't go into the back while off shift / before shift", "entrance and exit to staff door should be used during work hours / clocking in and out and once you leave the door your classed as a customer" etc...

Probably why they don't bring it out as much as they'd screw themselves over plenty 😂, it's always been my go-to when we used to have team 5's and be expected to clock in and be in a room 5 mins before, I'd clock in at 10 on the dot, walk into the room after in the middle of the speech, get asked why I'm late, mention I'm actually on time and others have started early and they'd get annoyed as hell 😂.

Same for clocking out etc, "few mins to go up, wash hands" and whatnot, when they complain its 5 to 7, response is "takes me some time to walk up to the door, still classed as being on the work floor in line with security policy until I enter those doors and by which time I'm allowed time to clean my hands of which is standard to take 2 to 3 minutes to do correctly",

Managers hate me and I love it 😂, but they also ask when they need help too 😂

ProdavnicaTajni

Is MyShift broken again for anyone else? It's all blank now. (It did this before a few months back too.)

Redshoes

It's being replaced, easier to do that than fix it.

fatlad

So in the meantime nobody has to go to work  :D

Mark calloway

I stopped using it because no matter what it said I always got put on something else.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk