News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:03AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 286
Total: 289

GROSS MISCONDUCT reduced item

Started by Bryan, 28-06-18, 03:56PM

Previous topic - Next topic

londoner83

If what you say is a standard practice instore; I'd go into any meeting and name dates/times and people involved that I had witnessed first hand. Would also raise why have only you been singled out for investigation?

Yes what you have done is wrong but if your new and are merely following the actions of everyone else in-store is it right only you are singled out?

Also ask for a impartial manager to carry out the meeting. If as you say in-store managers are implicated in this practice is it far to assume all managers are aware and therefore can't give you  a fair hearing? Ask if a manager from a different store can hold the meeting.

Feel it would be very harsh to dismiss in the circumstances you describe and feel any tribunal would not uphold that decision.

Redshoes

I disagree, you can talk about previous history but it holds little weight. If policy is changed or has just been tightened there will always be somebody who has gone first, there has to be. If this is the case the first person through since line was drawn may not be treated as harshly as those to follow but this is not something to be banked on.

Xxluckyxx

I've been at tescos for 3 years and always thought the reduced items that are left out the back were specifically left there for colleagues to buy!! Good job i never wanted anything off of it!!

lackofinterest

don't buy ANYTHING from tosco. problem solved 8-)

Preacherpauly

Quote from: Aero on 28-06-18, 06:40PM
madness is spot on.

For me, the dilemma here is this:

You should only be able to purchase things when you are not working, e.g. on a break or before/after your shift.

If you purchase items during your shift, you are (technically) stealing time from the Company. [Gross Misconduct]

If you are on a break or before/after your shift, you should not be handling stock in the Warehouse. This is (technically) theft. [Gross Misconduct]

No Colleague should ever 'hide' products to purchase later. This would be misappropriation of stock. [Gross Misconduct]

Therefore the only feasible possibility would be to put a product on sale (if authorised to do so), then purchase it on a break/after yous shift.

If there is a culture of Colleagues hiding stock for a later purchase, then proper training should be rolled out across the store.

Hope this helps clear things up.

So all the people who go for unofficial cigarette breaks could be fired as they are stealing time from the company.

forrestgimp

Quote from: Chojac2412 on 29-06-18, 08:12AM
I disagree, you can talk about previous history but it holds little weight. If policy is changed or has just been tightened there will always be somebody who has gone first, there has to be. If this is the case the first person through since line was drawn may not be treated as harshly as those to follow but this is not something to be banked on.

Custom and practice is a thing, yes they can get stricter but they have to make people fully aware of it first you can not just arbitrarily pick someone out and use them as a guinea pig when whatever they are doing has been carrying on for years without a problem with managements full knowledge, even if a new manager comes in.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk