News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 05:43PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,116
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 294
Total: 297

Sickness Policy Question

Started by RayofSunshine, 04-07-19, 07:10PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad

Unsure from your details but I'd say 7 days (you were available to work) after your rtw
Basically take your weeks holiday out. 

Could be wrong. 

Eg return Tues 12th, weeks hols wed to tue 19th. I guess the last day it could happen would be tue 26th?

Better get a second opinion.

Luvnonfood

basically i went back on the 9th saturday worked 1 day went off holiday for a week returned to work the 19th got handed a ar meeting letter yesterday on the 23rd surely its out of process

Rad

In my view the last day the meeting should be held would have been yesterday.

It's also my view that the meeting should still go ahead and fully reviewed but no disciplinary sanction given. That way you are still supported and there is still a full record of events for future.

As I said,  best get a second opinion. If the tesco sites are back online I'd look there for info.

Luvnonfood

Cheers my friend for replying to me I have just read in our Tesco's handbook this ..
If your absence is over the absence review level you will be asked to attend a ar review investigation meeting this will take place within 7 days following the day you returned to work ....

lucgeo

So it's 8 days no 7...as an example if you're back on a Tuesday it must be done before end of day the following Tuesday at the latest.

They should have discussed the fact that as you were on leave the following week, the process would be postponed and would start on your week back, so if your WB was on the Saturday, then you had a weeks leave, your AR would need to be completed before your last shift the following week, which would be Saturday the 23rd if that is your contracted day?

What Rad said is correct  :thumbup:
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Luvnonfood

Thats correct mate I am contracted Tuesday Thursday Saturday I have got this at 10am tomorrow I will mention to them this is out of process

horatiocain

It's within 7 days, including the day you returned, however ignore the days you were on holiday.

lucgeo

8-) Beg to differ but it's always been 8, the day you return is the welcome back meeting, where they assess if you're fit for work and the % rate.
If a further AR meeting is needed they then have the following 7 days to arrange that meeting to take place up to the last working day before end of shift.

Luvnonfood

Well I hit them with policy and also showed them it took 1 hour for them to decide if they was right or wrong and give me a warning 🤨 so today I have learnt to be a Tesco's line manager all you have to do is read from a pc... I don't understand why would people go to universities end up in Tesco's and look at your employees for answers on there own policy's which they studied 😂😭 crazy also looked at me and said what do we do now I don't know your the manager who's doing the ar meeting 😂😂😭😂 best meeting I have ever had to be honest 😂😭😭

lucgeo

Well done  8-)

So what did they decide they should do  ???

It should have been dismissed as "no case to answer, due to being out of process"
They cannot refer to, or bring this up, at any future disciplinary meetings!

Luvnonfood

They asked me to leave the room and then called me back in to say they think it's still in process here's a absence warning. I was like ok I'll ride it out until it gets wiped off.
A night senior manager said it was well out of process this morning to me I mentioned this but didn't give them a name lol

I am going to appeal it as there excuse was I had to change shift well that's not my problem.. amazed me that meeting.

Thing is in my store policy's don't get followed only certain people get away with things and when you mention policy's it's like s*** has literally hit the fan for them thanks for the help people .... Sorry to hijack this thread again

horatiocain

Definitely appeal as out of process  and if they don't overturn use ACAS, he'll sue them for unfair detriment if you have to, its easy.

As for process itself;
Page 14 of the policy makes it clear it must be within 7 days INCLUDING the RTW day, unless you're a 1 day a week worker.

It has always been this way since the
Is policy was jntroduced to replace the old SYA policy.

An unfair hearing must not be allowed to stand  and any warning is therefore unfair.

lucgeo

Quote from: Luvnonfood on 25-10-21, 12:13PM
Cheers my friend for replying to me I have just read in our Tesco's handbook this ..
If your absence is over the absence review level you will be asked to attend a ar review investigation meeting this will take place within 7 days following the day you returned to work ....

Quote from: horatiocain on 26-10-21, 10:25PM

As for process itself;
Page 14 of the policy makes it clear it must be within 7 days INCLUDING the RTW day, unless you're a 1 day a week worker.

It has always been this way since the
Is policy was jntroduced to replace the old SYA policy.

Which one is the outdated version  8-)

radiantempoleon

I work 2 days a week, I was not in work last week as I had it down as holidays. I am due back in work on Friday, but today I have received a letter inviting me to a disciplinary meeting, which could result in my dismissal, for unauthorised absence. I had one missed call from them the first day I was off, but have had no contact since. Obviously what I am thinking has happened is holidays have been mixed up (FYI I never got my holiday slip back/confirmed, have been off prior with no problems). Is this correct procedure, to go straight to disciplinary action? I contacted my manager today to explain that I had it as holiday but they just said it will be discussed in the meeting. Please help.

NightAndDay

Even if the holiday process wasn't followed correctly, them dismissing you for one unauthorised absense won't lead to dismissal. If they did, I'd sppeal it, if the appeal fails for whatever resson, then providing you have at least 2 years service, a judge would rule it as unfair dismissal if taken to an employment tribunal.

lucgeo

Quote from: radiantempoleon on 27-10-21, 04:37PM
I work 2 days a week, I was not in work last week as I had it down as holidays. I am due back in work on Friday, but today I have received a letter inviting me to a disciplinary meeting, which could result in my dismissal, for unauthorised absence. I had one missed call from them the first day I was off, but have had no contact since. Obviously what I am thinking has happened is holidays have been mixed up (FYI I never got my holiday slip back/confirmed, have been off prior with no problems). Is this correct procedure, to go straight to disciplinary action? I contacted my manager today to explain that I had it as holiday but they just said it will be discussed in the meeting. Please help.

1. Who did you hand the holiday slip to, and when?
2. What heading is the disciplinary meeting under?
3. is the meeting to be held during your contracted shift?
4. Are you a union member!

radiantempoleon

1. My manager, when the asked us to hand them in so Feb/Mar time
2. The letter says "Invitation to make contact and notice of disciplinary hearing" but I assume unauthorised absence.
3. Yeah it's gonna be during my shift
4. No I am not

lucgeo

Ok so...
1. If handed into manager, and they don't get back to you within 7 days to a yay or nay...the holiday is assumed as authorised...this is policy!
2. You should be informed, in the heading, as to the reason of the disciplinary meeting...how can you prepare a defence if you don't know to what you need to defend?
3. Good
4. You can join the union before the investigation commences, so I suggest you sign up tomorrow!

biggerpicture

Did you not have a holiday review meeting with your Manager beginning of the year?

radiantempoleon

No, we were just told to hand in a holiday form asap. I'm really worried that I am going to be dismissed for AWOL when I wasn't aware I was meant to be in work.

lucgeo

By "we"....are you saying other colleagues, along with yourself, just handed in holiday request forms as instructed by your manager? If that's the case, the other colleagues can state the same!
Are you personally aware of who the other colleagues are?

Why did you not have a holiday review meeting? Was it because you started beginning of the year, and was kept on? It sounds like your manager has rushed to get the holiday bookings done before the close of window date, as they'd be rollicked by his SM otherwise!

I strongly urge you to seek help and join the union...you can phone up your area office, the number should be  on the USDAW notice board...I would advise against telling others, as to your intentions at this stage!

oldfashionedplayer

Holiday review meetings are like unicorns, you'll never see them in stores....

Just take a union rep in with you if your a part of union and mention the time you put in the slip, say you handed it in, as per the actual policy and that following procedures by policies and colleague help information, if your manager doesn't get back to you within 7 days you get it.

Your manager must respond to your request within seven days or you can assume that your request has been authorized (unless your manager is absent when you request.

Stores:
Request your holiday using a holiday request form, this is available on Colleague Help. You should then give this to your manager. Your manager will have seven days to let you know whether your holiday request has been authorized or not. If your holiday request cannot be authorized, your manager will explain why this is and whether there are any alternative options such as shift swaps, using personal day or unpaid leave. If the manager authorizes your holiday, they will return the authorized slip to you, and arrange for the wage/admin clerk to book your holiday on Work & Pay.

Only ever received a slip back once in my time with tosco...

lackofinterest

more chance of actually seeing a herd of unicorns in our store :P

lackofinterest

Quote from: biggerpicture on 27-10-21, 11:52PM
Did you not have a holiday review meeting with your Manager beginning of the year?
a what????:D :D :D

biggerpicture

If you have a good manager then you will have a holiday review meeting every year.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk