Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

18-09-21, 09:01AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 47168
  • Total Topics: 915
  • Online Today: 71
  • Online Ever: 660
  • (06-06-21, 01:57AM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Who should be contacted?  (Read 4299 times)

NorthWave

• Regular Pain
Who should be contacted?
« on: 26-03-19, 12:06PM »
What would you do if you knew that money was being diverted from the company and what was the process?

barafear

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
Re: Who should be contacted?
« Reply #1 on: 26-03-19, 12:23PM »
Have a look on OurTesco for Tesco's "Whistleblowing" helpline.

Are you able to elabourate on what you mean by "diverted"?

Jamesmichael72

« Reply #2 on: 26-03-19, 02:01PM »
Not sure how to start a topic on here, as its my first time on, but does anyone know about tesco going to make you take your holiday from Sunday to Sunday so eg a person who works Fri Sat Sun has to take Sun, then the Fri Sat and return to work on the Sunday.

Global Moderator Comment Please read VLH Supporter Benefits

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #3 on: 26-03-19, 03:47PM »
To start a new topic you have to sign up to be a member....its £2 per year....

Tesco working week starts Sunday, so in theory if you ask for a week off and state the week you want e.g. Next week (6) would be week commencing 31st March and your working week is Sunday Friday Saturday. So if you booked week 6 off as holiday, it would be for your week shift pattern.

However, you are not compelled to take the whole week off, so if you want to request days off, then you would put down week (6) commencing 31 Sunday and tick off Friday, Saturday as 2 days holiday, then week (7) commencing 2nd April Sunday and tick the Sunday as 1 days holiday. Obviously availability still down to dept cover, but you can't be made to take block weeks, especially as your contract is weekend days, and you would want to take the whole weekend together to go away etc....
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Jamesmichael72

« Reply #4 on: 26-03-19, 04:36PM »
Yeah I work Thursday through until Tuesday 5 nights and always got them nights but I'm hearing that managers are trying to make you take your holiday from a Sunday, but I've phoned usdaw and they can't make you do that.  As like you say I would never get a weekend off.

penguin

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #5 on: 26-03-19, 04:45PM »
What would you do if you knew that money was being diverted from the company and what was the process?

I would say your store manager about money being diverted, or you could try protector line if you do not wish to speak to your S.M. for any reason about the matter.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #6 on: 26-03-19, 04:53PM »
Either someone's misheard......some manager has misinterpreted.....or there's a pr**k manager trying to be an ar**h*le and needs to grow into the striped shirt  :-X

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #7 on: 26-03-19, 04:57PM »
@Tornado

I would send a letter to Dave Lewis, marked private and confidential, and state your concerns....if it is money being diverted, then you're unsure how high up the chain it goes, and it could end up with you losing your job as protector line isn't highly thought of by most. 

Jamesmichael72

« Reply #8 on: 26-03-19, 05:26PM »
Either someone's misheard......some manager has misinterpreted.....or there's a pr**k manager trying to be an ar**h*le and needs to grow into the striped shirt  :-X

I've not seen him yet, but he was finishing some of my colleagues holidays off before the new booking window opens on April 1st and that's when he said to them when you put your holidays in for 2020/21 it has to be Sun to Sat but as I said usdaw have told me he can't do that.  As there is nothing in the handbook or on our tesco holiday policies that says you must take your holiday from the Sunday.  Be interesting when I see him later this week as I wont be bending over for him.

Disney

« Reply #9 on: 26-03-19, 06:40PM »
They are your holidays to take as and when you want.....that's coming from a manager.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #10 on: 26-03-19, 07:06PM »
You can take your holidays when you want them and there is no need to book full weeks off. However I'd expect all my team to be sensible and wouldn't grant someone with 30 days holiday, 30 Saturdays off unless there was a  exceptional reason for it.

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #11 on: 26-03-19, 07:30PM »
For fraud cases protector line is very effiecent, I was told of a store local to ours they waited for the manager involved to be day off, went into store gathered evidenice, she was suspended as she came in the following day, never seen again. It can take a couple of weeks for action but if the claim has evidence they hit hard and quick.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #12 on: 26-03-19, 07:50PM »
"Who should be contacted?" can we return to and keep to the original topic of this thread, not holidays.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Lost

« Reply #13 on: 26-03-19, 07:52PM »
f*** off nomad.

Administrator Comment Have a nice permanent vacation. Nomad

Mrs sparrow

« Reply #14 on: 26-03-19, 07:57PM »
Err...Nomad is administrator and doing the job he/she is there to do.

Samantha

« Reply #15 on: 26-03-19, 08:07PM »
@ lost,
That’s not necessary...... no need for that.

Munchkin

« Reply #16 on: 26-03-19, 08:24PM »
Have used the protector line a couple of times done the job very well and no comeback that's my experience

NorthWave

• Regular Pain
« Reply #17 on: 26-03-19, 10:10PM »
@Tornado

I would send a letter to Dave Lewis, marked private and confidential, and state your concerns....if it is money being diverted, then you're unsure how high up the chain it goes, and it could end up with you losing your job as protector line isn't highly thought of by most.
I agree with you and I think that your first suggestion it is more secure as referring to emails I strongly believe that he would never go to receive the information as protector line according to what I know it would be an act of strong ingenuousness.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #18 on: 27-03-19, 01:52PM »
Administrator Comment
Topic is "Who should be contacted?" in reference to money being diverted. Nomad

Several posts deleted.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.