Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

09-05-24, 11:10PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: imprint
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,492
  • Total Topics: 644
  • Online today: 547
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 170
Total: 174

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff2102

I've checked my payslip my Sunday premium has gone from £128.00 to £60.03 a difference of £65.00 although the increase in hourly rate has reduced that to approx £35.00 difference. So over the next four months it will work out as a £140 minus. I'm going to ring Acas in the morning and see if this is legal. I'm sure it will be as the powers will of ensured that the little people won't have any come back.

danielj

I'm down money aswell surprise surprise, I work 9 hours on a Sunday in my 35 hour week.

Pedroximenez

I read in the USDAW reply ( a few posts above ) that we had 12 months notice of the premium reduction. As regards being given a glossy handout then yes we did have 12 months notice HOWEVER  when I read it I assumed that like last time ( double to time and a half) I and  ALL Sunday workers would automatically  receive a 'buy out ' sum of 18 months of the difference. The fact that this was not to be the case was not made clear. Neither was it spelt out that Sunday workers would go under for 5 months. I am £8 up with the pay rise but £45 down with the premium reduction UNFAIR and UNJUST

icepop100

So does anyone know the actual conditions for us to receive a lump sum with this new pay 'deal'? After the £8.42 pay rise, I'll be down £27 /month. Yet, I didn't receive a lump sum payment even though it was agreed that those worse off should receive 18 months the difference in July 2018? So should be getting £486... yet nothing. Is there a minimum length of service? I joined September 2017 as the pay review was still taking place. Anyone else in the same boat...

Hammer10

It is calculated against what you earn the between Nov 2016 and Nov 2017 don't forget they have included this novembers pay rise which I think is wrong.

sammy

Any notice the the union money has gone up today mine by 24p. I only work 2 days 7.5 during the week and 7.5 on a Sunday I had no pay out but my Sunday premium is down by £58. With a £4 pay rise on a my other day in the week. How have they really worked this pay out. Out cause it just can't be righty

K2S0

Well I'm f***ed off! Sunday premium reduced, been enrolled in pension now (third full month here)and the extra bit of tax... I worked twice as much overtime as previous months and come away with my lowest pay to date!

They bitch about flexibility and in some cases I've heard bully staff to "do their part for the team" because by not doing overtime "it's their fault the stores in the shitty state it's in now" why should I agree to overtime if I'm not gonna actually see the money in my take home...

JL

I am down 100£ on last payslip.  :thumbdown:

Nikkih4586

58 pound here 65 pound for my partner so 123 between us it's a f****ng joke that's like my council tax for the month I doubt the council will let me put it in hold for 5 months  >:D

surlaroute

about 30 down for me not quite as bad as I feared mainly cos I work so few hours it looks like they're not taking NI payments now lol. Going to be asking my manager on Friday if they think it's acceptable that they weren't able to clearly inform me of this when I asked (in fact, before I asked) 2 weeks ago.

Doggiedoodle

£45 down for me and this is only for 3weeks
The true impact will be next payday when it will
be the full four weeks reduced Sunday premium!!
I've stopped my union membership and sent them a email
Voicing my disgust in them, not that it will make a
difference exactly the same as taking part in WMTY
makes no difference so I'm not doing that either!!
Robbing gits I don't know how they keep getting away
with it!!!!'n

bestnotputmyrealname

Anyone else's USDAW contribution gone up? Looks like membership fees have gone up, even they've got a pay rise, will be leaving the union but I've yet to be able to get hold of the in-store union rep in the last four months to do this

his scots tie

You can leave USDAW online.Fully recommended.

Pedroximenez

Union have taken an extra 24p from me

Pedroximenez

Should we have signed new contracts?

JL

Down best part of 100 and had to work twice as hard this month due to untrained newbies and oldies leaving. No new contract yet or Team 5 about this too. This week half the staff have been trained on dot com, checkouts, price integrity, stock control....
                                                      (-*-)

ETUKL

Anyone got link to leave union online dont want to waste time by phone and have them tryimg to convience me to stay

Mark calloway

Paulie

Hit them both in the pocket, cancel your union fees, take your shopping money elsewhere and master the art of doing nothing but looking busy. This would be my small moral victory.

T.C.1

O MY DAYS what are the union doing putting up fees the same month where all colleagues are taking a hit from time and half to time and a quatuar!!!! so what I've been told we were overpaid last year so these 5 months are balacling it out!!! Sorry where in the booklet did it say you should save in 16/17 for these 5 months!!! Like I said earlier Sainsburys tried the same thing but got caught out by the Asda take over MP's got involed it cost Sanisburys but they had to revise the pay offer plus the pay out on time and half!!

forrestgimp

Sux moose balls doesn't it. This is the third payrise in a row that a small portion of our colleagues have become worse off. What sort of union allows that to happen without a fight? A useless one thats what.

Sperri_96

This whole "pay review" thing has been poorly communicated and poorly explained to us staff members. As someone who has been doing most BHs and every Sunday for the past 13 months, I am not best pleased...

Loki

Problem is they wash their hands of it simply because of the collective bargaining process involving only 40+ National Forum reps voting on behalf of all store members.

It's scandalous.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Loki

And for both the company and Usdaw to state we were given ample notice adds insult to injury.

Furthermore, and if I've understood correctly, do not the majority of management receive a payout for Sunday's in October as it's calculated differently to hourly rate paid colleagues?

If so, then that makes it even worse.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Totot

You guys all realized i hope,  this wont be the last time they sell us up. At least another one when all premium is gone.
The closest one will be those metro staff who gonna be converted. And who knows what else.

Even till today i havent found the real calculation how they measure this. They are not brave enough to open the formula, and to make it worse, manager seems wont support at least mentally of staff who got affected like this.
Even some people said they know nothing but they got paid enough at least to explain in the beginning, or now at least, it is not a funny thing for some people that live with pay to pay already and have to loose more.

But well i guess everyone should just take care of themself, and dont do too much for company and managers who dont care about you, dont even have decency to come to you and explain.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk