News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:03PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 272
Total: 275

Modern stock take

Started by achesandpains, 04-08-20, 01:50PM

Previous topic - Next topic

achesandpains

Has anyone else's store been told that they are going ahead with mst.. Surely because of covid 19 this is not acceptable. The staff that do the counting in our store are coming from areas that have high numbers of the virus, where as our area has very few cases at the moment. We are all feeling anxious and don't want it to go ahead. Is there any way to stop it going ahead  (-*-)

oldfashionedplayer

no way of stopping it, it's just normal, ours is very soon, so avoiding work for that time lol.

Treacle Tezco

Count is overnight now.

People could travel and shop in your shop with covid 19 any day of the week, try not to worry

We had ours on 22 July, we had a night team on at the time.

sammy

Still happening we had ours two weeks ago. They started counting at 1am and was done by 8am

Plato

We had ours a few weeks ago. Much better run than usual

londoner83

Agree much better doing it overnight

King1999

Yeah I kindly declined the offer to work through the night,suits me fine.

Siwel123

Already had ours, half the managers were unprepared so it was a mad rush to get ready, but it went really well overnight

achesandpains

Quote from: achesandpains on 04-08-20, 01:50PM
Has anyone else's store been told that they are going ahead with mst.. Surely because of covid 19 this is not acceptable. The staff that do the counting in our store are coming from areas that have high numbers of the virus, where as our area has very few cases at the moment. We are all feeling anxious and don't want it to go ahead. Is there any way to stop it going ahead  (-*-)
ours is in Scotland and its bus loads of English from all areas that do it, the virus is very low where we live and all staff are concerned that work that night about being at work, as the counters are coming from counting stores in areas that have clusters just now. Our counts are always done overnight, so no change there, really frustrated that during this pandemic this has to go head. Feeling very anxious  :-X

dotnochance

Yeah same in my Scottish store loads up from England from hot spots, most also refused to wear masks it was pretty disgusting

penguin

No way to stop it, the stocktakes did get put on hold for the first few weeks of lockdown, in all fairness while I can understand people being worried given the corona situation ours was really well run and social distance was observed by all the counting team when we had ours several weeks ago.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Mutti

I was in a Waitrose the other evening, about 7pm and their stocktake was in full swing with maybe 3 or 4 people counting in every aisle.

And they sounded like they came from a couple of hundred miles to the north.

spike_pkh

How does it work with counting overnight and replenishment?

lucky 456

Our night shift started at 6 ( Sunday stocktake)so we were more or less done when they came in.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk