News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 03:41PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 295
Total: 300

Working different days stock

Started by Vinny1985, 16-09-21, 06:30PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny1985

Hi London based twilight worker. When our deliveries come in some of them are labeled delivered Monday to be worked Tuesday. We are all being forced to work all of them. Some people have 2 and 4 extra cages to work.  It's putting pressure on staff. They are saying it needs to be done in time.  What is the procedure. Will the Scheduler only show that day cages to be worked in the time. Or will it have both

lackofinterest

just do what you possibly can until your shift ends then f*** off home on time. make sure you have your breaks aswell

forrestgimp

What this guy says.

They are just trying it on mate, do what you can put the rest back into backstock then go home.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Do what you can and walk away. If they complain they can do the job themselves or find someone else. Ask them to show you how it's done.

lucgeo

Take a photo of the deliveries labels! Then leave the cages till the designated days, and concentrate on the back stock cages, then that day's delivery cages to go out.

Working delivery too early, can affect the book stocks, and it may be selling through before going on the system, something every manager should know, as it could end up on shrink.

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

BUY TESLA STOCK

"Working delivery too early"  :D

whatajoke2019

We used to have one TM who was an absolute s**t for ripping off mixed UOD labels and then complaining because people hadn't finished their aisles... or accusing people of not filling properly because the backstock was heavier than expected.

Another one went from saying 'just work it' or moaning because they had to hand over delivery to morning Duty.

Also makes OSI an absolute pain in the rear because, as mentioned above, if you don't check it gets counted in, then out and shows up on shrink!

VladPutin

Since the delivery schedule from Livingston DC is FUBAR, we do this a lot. We'll often be missing stock that should have been delivered the previous evening, and it will turn up afternoon of the following day. So we'll check the labels, and if it's late we'll work it and post sort it into the back stock.

If we're missing shed-loads of lines and they come in on a delivery that's not supposed to be worked until night shift starts, I'll ask a senior manager what they want me to do. Nine times out of ten they'll tell me to work it anyway.

lordadmiral

It's 21st century. Any stock sent to the store should be already registered for specific store.
Beacuse delivery arrived few hours earlier doesn't mean it can't be worked.
Our store does it on regular basis and there is no problem with book stock or shrink.

Second thing, Vinny1985, are you talking about fresh food delivery like dairy or morning goods.
What you wrote indicate you are talking about fresh food delivery so your manager is right telling you to work it.

Vinny1985

It's not fresh. It has delivered say Monday on it. But top left corner it tells you the day is should be worked.  The number of cages they are expecting people to work on the own is just crazy.

spike_pkh

Nothing wrong with working cages early as long as you follow replenishment rules. Capping, then vackstock, then today's delivery then if any time left next days.

Vinny1985

I understand nothing wrong with with working it. But they expect it all to be worked. So if you have 3 extra cages on your area it gets done. As in finished. Staff are fed up. People leaving all the time. People won't ask to see the times for the areas as they are scared of the store manager.

spike_pkh

Seeing the times for what Tesco expects you to complete each section is pointless as I can guarentee nobody is consistently matching or beating it. Just work your best

forrestgimp

A few decades ago I worked on fresh on nights and we had a manager who was always telling us we were slow, Apparently there was this one guy in Lincoln who could do twice what we did on his own and we needed to speed up, He also told us we were over hours by loads.

This went on for a few weeks until me and my mate had had enough so we asked for a meeting with the manager concerned and the other one who was in charge. They again said we were over hours then I piped up that I was unhappy with them using that as a stick to beat us with, that I thought it was bullying and if they mentioned it again I was going to take out a grievance. I also said that if we were in fact over hours they could lay me off I didnt really give a monkeys and would happily go home there and then.

It was never mentioned again. 

BUY TESLA STOCK

Forrestgimp you must be a real asset

forrestgimp

Thanks I like to think so.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk