News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-04-24, 03:29AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,432
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 549
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 528
Total: 528

MYSHIFT

Started by extrastore, 10-02-20, 10:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biscuits

Quote from: Redshoes

I forget why it's called frog, somebody else will know though.
/quote]

Flexible Resourcing On the Go  :)

Mickymouse1962

Well I will just be doing my normal hours and days no extra and just on my department only no change for me love it

londoner83

Under the new contract rolling out (serve, pick, fill) anywhere in the store can effectively be your department once you have completed the necessary training. The days of only working produce (for example) will be long gone.

person7

Quote from: scorpio1013 on 19-04-22, 05:52AM
I'm getting zero hours too!! I really hope they fix it very soon!! Absolutely loved the app. It was the only way I could check if they correctly logged in my hours for overtime!! 😂😂

yep, this is why I check it, as many times they have logged it wrong (like now the app is working again I can see a 9 hour shift was logged as 7 working hours so I'm owed 1 hour pay as my break was 1 hour definitely not 2 hours.

Redshoes

New process is called "Extra Hours Market". Online training is now live. New process starts wk 15.

Horrendous123

Can see massive problems with this. Colleagues have different strengths and weaknesses and are better suited to different sections of the store dependent on their strengths and weaknesses. The new system does not account for this and simply applies one size fits all. Quality of fill going to be a lot poorer and morale will be even worse. I for one will not be putting in so much effort!!! Tesco management are like politicians- clueless!

ProdavnicaTajni

Quote from: mama_bear2006 on 22-04-22, 01:53PM
So does that mean managers won't be able to just put you in for overtime every three weeks? Rather you get to choose whether you're doing it instead of being made to feel awkward when you say you can't?
God, I really hope so. That's one of the things I hate the most. And then the managers text constantly asking for even more overtime on top of that, treating you as if you are on call 24/7, which they continually do despite being told no 8-)

Interestingly, I believe they're supposed to ASK you every three weeks about the overtime and set it with you but the managers in ours (and yours clearly) just randomly assign overtime to people instead of doing that. Probably the same in all stores to be honest

Anyway, the new app should mean we can actually choose our OWN hours for once

Quote from: person7 on 26-04-22, 09:50AM
yep, this is why I check it, as many times they have logged it wrong (like now the app is working again I can see a 9 hour shift was logged as 7 working hours so I'm owed 1 hour pay as my break was 1 hour definitely not 2 hours.

I always check it for exactly the same reason and tell everyone else to do the same. Easiest way to catch if your hours are in wrong

oldfashionedplayer

Thry are supposed to actually ask you to begin with, however under the new contract thing, you put down your availability hours and whether your happy to work the hours split shifts etc, then you'll get them scheduled for you and you can agree to them, but you'll get them 3 weeks in advance. Least that's what the paperwork said that was on the table over the weekend, only 6 out of 13 pages though for it.. So they've left out 7 pages that have information 🤔

Mickymouse1962

new contract rolling out (serve, pick, fill) anywhere in the store can effectively be your department once you have completed the necessary training. The days of only working produce (for example) will be long gone.I am pre 2005 so no checkout trying also am only person on my department so won't get taken off if they move me and use agency guards that's redundancy for me. As for dotcom and shop floor due to various medical reasons I can't do any of them so will be on my department only also can't change hours as I am registered carer for my sister

mama_bear2006

Quote from: ProdavnicaTajni on 26-04-22, 01:43PM
Quote from: mama_bear2006 on 22-04-22, 01:53PM
So does that mean managers won't be able to just put you in for overtime every three weeks? Rather you get to choose whether you're doing it instead of being made to feel awkward when you say you can't?
God, I really hope so. That's one of the things I hate the most. And then the managers text constantly asking for even more overtime on top of that, treating you as if you are on call 24/7, which they continually do despite being told no 8-)

Interestingly, I believe they're supposed to ASK you every three weeks about the overtime and set it with you but the managers in ours (and yours clearly) just randomly assign overtime to people instead of doing that. Probably the same in all stores to be honest

Anyway, the new app should mean we can actually choose our OWN hours for once

They come round every 3 weeks with the sheet to say "We've put you down for this" and it's like I have three kids and sometimes I literally can't wait around for them to decide every 3 weeks if they're going to need me for overtime. I have to plan stuff for my family or work around my husbands job. I can't put life on hold in case they want me for overtime.

Redshoes

It's not every three weeks, it's three weeks in advance.
Shifts posted weekly, three weeks in advance. Day one it is seen by flexi workers with that primary task. Day two it's everybody else.
You select shifts you want, if you need to cancel you have to go through your manager. Same for those who are fixed contract and not primary task, nobody can just cancel shifts once name is down. This is just to ensure that manager is aware of unfilled shifts.
Then if shifts are not filled the managers can issue out shifts within availability windows at 72 hours notice.
On your availability form you can say how many days you want to work and how many hours you are willing to work within your availability. If you are contracted to three days and say you are willing to work five in theory you should not be asked to work six.
There is a big ask on increased availability by all. It's only a ask just now. There is also a promise that increased contracted hours goes to those under 16 hours first but then over 16 hours after, all before external recruitment. The clause is that those who take up increased hours also have increased availability and the new contracted hours are to suit the business needs.

General Thorn

All very well in theory but if you only have a skeleton staff anyway and colleagues on holiday or doing exams, other colleagues are being persuaded to work 6 or 7 days very regularly   >:(

Redshoes

I get that, we have default colleagues though. We have some that just never say no, off till colleagues will ring them when somebody rings in sick. They always agree to come in and it's a quick and easy default. I have one off till colleague who just can't think beyond the key three people she always asks. However, it's not her job to fill shifts, it's mine but I do have days off and holidays. Added to that I get duty shifts, fill fresh, fill grocery, cover breaks on CSD and PFS. I also go on a till and run the back of checkouts, often all in same day. It's easy to delegate and often necessary. I wish I had the time to sit in office and drink coffee and chat that people say we do. I do however sometimes take my drink to computer and book and review my overtime whilst on a break. I try not to but I would rather do that than stay late.
We also have colleagues who never get asked as they assume they will always say no. I often just ask them, even when thinking they will say no. Sometimes they surprise me and it does not hurt to ask. If sick cover is needed I ask all those in store first, when sick call not same day. I then prefer to post on colleague page or text people. It's less of an intrusion and easier for colleague to refuse if they really don't want to work. Luckily we have a bunch of people hungry for overtime. It's more of a skill issue for us, as in covering CSD or PFS.
PFS, CSD, cash office, stock control and PI are not mentioned in the three skill areas for colleagues going forward. It's just serve, pick or fill. Interesting, does that mean that these areas are skilled?

Morris999

I'd say it's more the writing is in the wall for most if not all of those departments you have mentioned.
PFS will either close entirely in the next 10-15 years or go pay@pump/remote monitoring 24/7 until selling fuel isn't commercially viable anymore.
PI, will go electronic SEL's sooner than the changes in the PFS.
Stock Control will end up just being completed by departments at some point too.
Cash Office will just continue to lose hours as Tesco Till& more self -service checkouts continue to roll out, yes they keep saying that Tesco till will take cash soon, but they have been saying that for 2 years and still no sign of it being rolled out, then there's just the general move away from using cash in general.
CSD, if you take away Moneygram and tobacco products, there's no reason why refunds cannot be completed at the till.
A lot of other companies already do this so I personally expect the company to go down that route at some point to.

Mickymouse1962

And Security will go all agency which means I get redundancy pay

StinkyPoo

We said the same about certain departments not being mentioned in the new job description. Does that mean PI, stock control, merchandising etc will not have anyone else learning their jobs? Or will those departments be going? The decommissioning of the back office from week 27 will surely mean less hours for the PI department.

King1999

I hope so it's been 3 years of dog s*** in stock control tbf.

penguin

Three years and the rest, stock control went down the toilet about 15 years ago when head office tried to run it all.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

King1999

The clever twats know best 👌

whatajoke2019

In terms of Electronic SELs I saw an article recently on a trade website, can't remember the 'symbol group' but one franchisee had them installed in his corner shop and it cost £20k.

I think it's safe to say, in the future, the big T will introduce them to save on labour costs but they can't get the current set up right  :D. I think there have been more issues with PI since they started to roll out the end of Back Office in stores and shove it all on the PDA than there ever has been  ???.

The Week 27 on the comms stems from week 27 last year, when it was rolled out in Express. PI lost hours on the most recent Heat Map update. My store ended up a good 30 odd hours over as a result  :D

Mickymouse1962

My shifts won't be changing at all

mama_bear2006

When does the new MyShift go live? I can get on it but when I click my hours it says I don't have access yet.

Morris999

I believe from Monday 6th June

UK6226

I work at a Tesco 'trial' store in Nottingham. We have been using the new Extra Hours Market system for the past 4 weeks and I can honestly say that it is very very unpopular.

UK6226

The app constantly has problems with loading holidays, and lots of colleagues are missing out on overtime due to bugs with the app. For example, a manager has published a shift and 2 weeks later, I still can't see the shift and nobody knows why. The app also has problems where it will go through a system update and delete all overtime from the app and so a manager has to manually add all of your shifts back onto the app. Another recent example of the app not working where 2 colleagues were allowed by the app to take a single overtime shift in the PFS, which meant the shift was doubled booked.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk