News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:32AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 291
Total: 294

Disciplinary Meeting

Started by tempo35, 29-04-20, 10:20AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lackofinterest

the correct procedure is you inform duty manager when cigarettes come in, then it's their responsibility to put them away, not yours. another useless tw*t blaming somebody else which doesn't surprise me. union should never have allowed it to go to disciplinary in the first place!!! you don't have to check them off, that should be done by front end team leader or manager. bottom line is the duty manager is at fault if he was informed, if not then person accepting the delivery is at fault for not letting them know.

lucgeo

Where do you want to go with this...what do you hope to achieve? Did you see the manager not checking the order off, or just your colleague telling you it's what they saw? Are they willing to state it as fact, and is there surveillance camera/hub in the office? If covered by hub, phone protector line. But if not covered by either and it was just you, you and your colleague or just your colleague, why didn't either of you confront the manager for not following security procedure? Everyone has a right to a voice, and you have a right to challenge any manager if you feel they're not following correct stock security procedures. Perhaps the colleague is just stirring things up here? If you've no concrete proof, let it go...it quickly becomes tit for tat...make a note of dates and times and move on.
My bigger concern is, going from your previous posts regarding this manager, and the fact you were exonerated and it was proven that this manager had lied, an agreement reached for you to move store to be away from this manager. Then why was he in your store as your manager?? Surely this should have been part of the investigation completion and agreement going forward, of you needing to move stores, to distance yourself from him?
Was there any agreement reached, covering this??
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Tinkerbell1234

OK I'm in another store temp this manager is covering the store delivery come in by the way I'm a shift leader so is my colleague.  My colleague brought the cigarettes to the office I was there too, manager was on the computer when they were being put away manager did not question why cigs are not being checked off  nothing and yet I got disciplined for it so I feel most stores don't follow process and I feel I'm treated unfairly.

Like today he said to me have mags been booked I said no got till 11am he said who told you that I said "part of training" he said "I will find out", I have checked and it's 11am so I can't say anything.

In my appeal will they take it that I have been treated unfairly?  I got a final written which union are dealing with as disciplinary process was not followed either, disciplinary manager just said sorry was not interested and knew process was not followed also they tried to force me to go back to my store even though I have told them by email a number of times  I do not feel safe there, I also have anxiety which they are aware of.

penguin

Something doesn’t seem right with all this, firstly when you say you got disciplined over the cigarettes was this an actual formal disciplinary or just a let’s talk or even a do not do that again comment and nothing more, process is for cigs to be checked off line by line after printing out the list from 161 and I can assure you most stores do follow the process, given the high value and risk of being accused of anything should the process be found not to have been done correctly.

I’m also not sure what the issue is with asking if news and mags booked in, manager asked you answered and after checking it seems your time scale was right, can’t see why you would need to say anything.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Redshoes

Has the appeal taken place yet? If not you just need to let the process continue.
You can only to a certain extent bring up what others do. If it forms part of defence regarding the fact that you did nothing different from anyone else on the team did then this is a store culture issue.
If you are just wanting to say others do things wrong too then it's only partly relevant. In simple terms, ifyou committed murder and it went to trail you could not plead that other people do it too but you can use personal background and experiences

Tinkerbell1234

I got a final  written when yes its a culture thing in store manager only started putting processes in to place week before  i dont think its right could of been dealt with in store and i was not the one that left the cigarettes unattended and they blame me for the loss these 2 managers tried to add another 2 allegations against me which waa proven to be lies but they dont get dealt with a manager does not to follow process its ok but others are disciplined thanks for the help hopefully the appeal will see it

lackofinterest

what is your union rep doing for you while all this is going on and what were they doing when you were given a final written for something you didn't do or wasn't your fault?

lucgeo

You're all over the place with this, and it's not helping your anxiety by trying to pre-empt the appeal meeting.
Your rep is appealing your disciplinary warning, due to being out if process, if that is the case the warning should be overturned. The warning was given on the investigation at the time, and all relevant issues at that time. The same manager has now breached the set procedures that you were disciplined for initially, but this is a seperate issue, and should be dealt with seperately. You can report this incident for investigation, which is when you can cite your initial final warning as an example of the disciplinary deemed appropriate for the same misconduct.
It's all well and good standing your ground, but don't let it turn into a slanging match with this manager...if he's trying to provoke you, he's succeeding...I.e. News& mags timeframe, said he'll check, you know you're right so let him check, he should already know the timings as a manager!

NightAndDay

Just to add, the main reason why it's so important for Tesco to follow the disciplinary process is because in the end, they aren't the final arbiters of judgement, no, the ET will determine whether Tesco conducted their investigations and reprimands in an objective and fair way if it goes to court.

Tinkerbell1234

I was not given a invite letter for second meeting i was on holiday i returned i was called in for meeting manager said put letter in folder the reason why i said can carry on the manager said to me will only be a lets talk i will see how appeal goes

lackofinterest

if there's one thing i've learnt it's never go into any "meeting" with a manager without a union rep even a lets talk!!!

hesketh

Going in to a meeting alone with a manager is not a problem. Sometimes it's the best way to clear the air, they have no witness either.

Just refuse to sign anything and deny anything you don't like afterwards....
Don't take life too seriously, no one has ever gotten out alive!

Tinkerbell1234

Store i am in is extremley busy since lockdow up 40% in sales today same manager come into  store mid morning store had been very busy yesterday and short staff due to eid i did my best store was faced up  so today from 6am store has been really busy he started moaning to my other colleague has he ignores me saying would you accept this from previous night shift leader we have been opened since 6am so rumble was not done so due to short staff i feel like hes victimising me trying to make be look incompetence in my job i take pics of everything i do due to my anxiety i asked to be refered to occupational health they got him to do referrel he tried to say to me my job role involves alot i told him nothing to do with my job role im still doing my job 100% which pics proves it  just dont know what to do just want someone to listen and help can i have a inparcial manager see me instead of him hes not even my manager hes covering store  :(

penguin

To be honest this sounds like its become a personal issue between the two of you now, if he is covering the store in place of the usual store manager then all you can really do is contact the area manager to raise your concerns, mediation via an impartial manager between the two of you could be an option but if truth be told never usually solves much unless it sorts out whatever the underlying issue is.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Tinkerbell1234

Not personal, he's a bully. Yesterday last straw I have an adjustment passport for my anxiety he wanted a meeting with me I was told it was regarding my adjustment passport turned out he was giving me a lets talk because I started work earlier, in my adjustment it states if in an uncomfortable place or situation I get very anxious I got up to leave the room because my body started to shake, he refused me to leave and said "no you are staying" I explained it's in my passport but he did want to know he shouted and said "where is it" told him in the office he said there was nothing there stating it so he carried on then when he left the room I broke down shaking even more.  So no he's a nasty piece of work, I've got a witness another shift leader was present and in black and white it states what I said.

NightAndDay

If there's cctv as well, the shift leader can't say it didn't happen, if you've already grievanced against the manager before, do so again citing disability discrimination, as your adjustment passport counts as documentation, the Personnel manager has a legal obligation to investigate and reprimand in an impartial way, not doing so would leave the company liable to a disability discrimination lawsuit where the fines and payouts would be enough for the HR directors to get involved.

The HR directors by the way, are people the Area Manager DO NOT want to be involved, as their involvement would damage their promotion prospects to director level and may even cause them to be demoted over failure to nip the managerial incompetence in the bud.

Tinkerbell1234

No cctv  was in training room had another shift leader in there so he saw it all i am taking it further i have sent a numbet of emails regarding my saftey and nothing so taking it to the next level since being being sactioned which i had appeal meeting yesterday this manager is constantly picking gave me a lets talk because i started 2hrs earlier has the night before store was manic due to eid and being bank holiday so went in earlier to complete what was not done as he would of moaned so cant win he said i have to follow rota when staff dont have break and finish half an early then wanted to do another lets talk regarding colleagues which there is one where he takes photos of staff contantly checking up on them etc id asked him to take someone off the till and was getting a lets talk manager also said im not to manage staff   i said i need to leave the room im getting very anxious he said you do not walk away i explained its in my adjustment passport he said there is nothing to state it you wont leave this meeting will finish it ts for all the advice i have taken an emergancy holiday so i am safe

Redshoes

You don't have a good relationship with your manager so to avoid extra friction I would advise not to change your shifts or rearrange things in work to avoid friction.
You may be right but it's not your call and it's only adding to the issues. Overtime has to be booked and accounted for, it's very high focus just now in some stores and it's up to the manager to decide where to place the very limited hours. You can disagree but it's not your choice or accountability.
You also can't move your shift because you think it would be better placed at another time. Again, it is not your accountability.
If your manager has made a mistake and not covered or accounted for special circumstances it is a mistake they will be taken to task on. They are accountable and the scheduling is down to them. It then goes two ways in stores. Some colleagues will point out mistakes and that's either because they don't want to suffer mistakes or just because they want to help. Others will see mistakes and sit back and watch and even enjoy seeing things go wrong. It is the responsibility of the manager but I personally feel we are a team and there is no harm in pointing things out.
You are in a difficult position due to the relationship you have with your manager. I can't see that you pointing out mistakes would help so I would advise you not to do so but you most certainly should not take it upon yourself to correct them.

lucgeo

Quote from: Bubbles1234 on 30-05-20, 01:13PM
No cctv  was in training room had another shift leader in there so he saw it all i am taking it further i have sent a numbet of emails regarding my saftey and nothing so taking it to the next level since being being sactioned which i had appeal meeting yesterday this manager is constantly picking gave me a lets talk because i started 2hrs earlier has the night before store was manic due to eid and being bank holiday so went in earlier to complete what was not done as he would of moaned so cant win he said i have to follow rota when staff dont have break and finish half an early then wanted to do another lets talk regarding colleagues which there is one where he takes photos of staff contantly checking up on them etc id asked him to take someone off the till and was getting a lets talk manager also said im not to manage staff   i said i need to leave the room im getting very anxious he said you do not walk away i explained its in my adjustment passport he said there is nothing to state it you wont leave this meeting will finish it ts for all the advice i have taken an emergancy holiday so i am safe

You have a right to a voice...it's a core value of Tesco, you should never be dissuaded from speaking up, especially as you had the foresight to arrive earlier to get the store ready for the day's trading.
I agree you shouldn't change your shift without prior agreement, however, your reasoning should have been commended not given a condemning "let's talk"! No one should be forgoing their breaks to finish earlier, it's against the regulations and also makes having a rota in place pointless.
If you feel you need to leave the room...you leave the room! As is the right of any colleague, passport or not...refusing and detaining you against your will, is bullying and could be classed as imprisonment and gross misconduct!
If you are a shift leader, part of your role is to assist the manager in running the department smoothly, which would be to take someone off the till, if need be...thats why you get more per hour than a CA.

With regard the taking of photos of colleagues? For what purpose? Are the colleagues aware of these photos being taken, and have they given their permission for them to be taken? More importantly what is he doing with these images? He is in breach of so many Tesco policies, privacy laws, possibly bordering on voyeurism.

Get your grievance in on constant harassment bullying, and being detained against your will. ( your colleague as a witness to this ) Note in your grievance your grave concerns regarding the surreptitious taking and storing of colleagues photos, whilst working on Tesco property, without their consent ( and knowledge if this is the case )

NightAndDay

Quote from: Bubbles1234 on 30-05-20, 01:13PM

Managers can't give out lets talks willy nilly if used as informals. There needs to be a significant reason, if a judge looked at why you're being reprimanded and sees "started 2 hours early" he/she would have some very interesting questions to ask, in fact, If you grievance the spurious lets talks, the Personnel manager, even if they were in cahoots with the mateyboy manager would take them aside and ask what they're playing at, having the challenging conversations about the difference between managing someone out of the business and leaving the Big T open to serious litigation.

alf

The literal point of let's talks is to be informal, i.e. No one has been reprimanded (officially at least) as that's not their purpose.

Regardless of whatever business is going on between bubbles and their manager/s, a let's talk over starting far before scheduled is a perfect use of let's talk, it's their entire point.

NightAndDay

Lets talks are documented and is the starting process for managing people out of the business, three lets talks on the same issue are required before it goes to written warnings.

As for a lets talk about starting 2 hours early, we don't know the full story, Bubbles says she started early to help out, but I don't see why she would be compelled to, if she was asked, then the lets talk should be treated as harrassment, if being performanced managed via an SYP plan, she may not have been allocated sufficient resources (not given the tools to do their job) on what is being assesssed.

Tinkerbell1234

Reason i went early was because not all was done so i went in to finish as manager is bullying so i would of got lets talk either way so to forced  me to stay in a room when stated in my adjustment passport due to anxiety  is acceptable this is a miner thing so dont see why a lets talk is needed  union have done a formal complaint for discrimmination but then you have staff dont have a break and go home early and nothing so no dont think lets talk to manage people out.managers take advantage of it  it was bank holiday and eid no staff because hes bullying me i wanted to make sure it was done before he come in is it a crime a thank you would of been nice

Redshoes

We have found as a store that when clocking in early it has an impact on the overtime. It's unauthorised, does not matter if corrected with wages system via exceptions. Once clocked it the tablet takes it as paid work. We should be paid for what we do, this is only right but if you are using unauthorised overtime it will cause issues.

Tinkerbell1234

No overtine did my normal hrs just started earlier so no extra

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk