News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:45PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 283
Total: 286

Cleaners & cleaning

Started by Nomad, 23-07-20, 11:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BUY TESLA STOCK

Some of the MM would be using the toilet then shouting a GA from the other end of the store to clean up after them.

King1999

What kind of work envoirnment do you think they are pushing for I can see open rebellion at some point ......the union......tumbleweed........

notsofunny

I have spoken to 6 Express store mangers ,,, All have said they are not being given any extra hours to cover the hours that will be needed to clean the stores , In fact all have been told to cut the wage bill they have at the Moment , they have even been told that they can't employ the Cleaners they have and are about to lose them or anyone else to specifically to cover Cleaning in store.  Also Cleaning is to be done both in the morning and evening by staff, so the propaganda they put out about Extra pay roll is all Lies ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, >:(

penguin

I can see this going well, first thing in morning, 1 ca and the shift leader in, ca on till shift leader now has to clean the store and car park along with the 957 jobs in the morning, and that's on a fairly good day.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Hammer10

Just let it get dirty then in time they will realise it don’t work it’s either clean store or fill shelves can’t do both if they moan go sick .

Batmanjo

Quote from: Whistleblower on 23-07-20, 09:19PM
i use to work as a contract cleaner for tesco and this is what to expect when taking over cleaning duties especially toilets

1 used tampons left in ladies toilet
2 soiled underwear left in toilets
3 human faeces and blood smeared over the walls and floor
4 blocked toilets-once i shut a toilet door locked because of a blockage,full of toilet roll and s***,went back an hour later,door was kicked in and somebody else had used it adding more toilet roll and s*** to the blockage
5 people pissing and defecating all over the floor- i kid you not
6 cleaning up peoples sick,which could include remnants of blood
7 used up toilet roll on floor because some people have difficulty putting it where it should actually go
8 litter,because people actually eat in tesco toilets, especially stuff they have nicked from the store,and the odd bottle of spirits,wine and cans of beer
9 needles that junkies have left
10 cleaning up after a homeless person has used it as  his/her personal bathroom
11 cleaning the toilets after a phone call from front desk and then getting a phone call 10 minutes later because someone yet again has made a mess

the best thing would be to have no toilets for customers, because of cutbacks,these tesco toilets are now public toilets and are used as such

If there is a cafe instore they are required by Law to have toilets, they could however make it chargeable to use the toilets and then less would use them but then again this would cost money so can't see them doing that one.

Batmanjo

Quote from: Munchkin on 25-07-20, 07:44PM
A question worth exploring for everyone with concerns about the future cleaning issues in store..... How and who will deal with human body fluid waste sharps and contaminated dressing all pose a risk of permanent infection and death if dealt with incorrectly and also what training will people receive to deal with the cleaning products segregation of mops and cloths for different areas etc please enquire then come back and amuse us with the responses

There is also the problem of claims against the company if someone is cleaning in the toilets and slips, no cameras and an overworked and under trained employee ??

Nomad

It has been said that public toilets will not be the responsibility of store staff, only staff toilets.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53501318
QuoteShop workers will be expected to wipe shelves and fridges, mop floors and clean staff toilet facilities.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Teddybonkers

Quote from: notsofunny on 11-08-20, 06:44PM
I have spoken to 6 Express store mangers ,,, All have said they are not being given any extra hours to cover the hours that will be needed to clean the stores , In fact all have been told to cut the wage bill they have at the Moment , they have even been told that they can't employ the Cleaners they have and are about to lose them or anyone else to specifically to cover Cleaning in store.  Also Cleaning is to be done both in the morning and evening by staff, so the propaganda they put out about Extra pay roll is all Lies ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, >:(

That's just scaremongering - and you know it. There's no way cleaning can be done without increasing hours. The cleaner works approx 2 hours a day in our store, so that's 14 hours a week. If Tesco matches that with overtime, they will still be making a huge saving over the existing arrangements.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Cleaning overtime  :-X

pitdiver

I work in s superstore on checkouts. We are required to clean our checkout area regularly during our time  on the tills. Specially at this time with the Pandemic.  We have to use Aseptopol  but no one realises that you have to leave it on for thirty seconds. So I ask do you close a checkout for at least 2 mins while you clean the whole belt.

As someone has asked will the staff who will be required to clean the STAFF toilets get the necessary vaccinations. I certainly did when I worked as a cleaner in a hospital.

Hammer10

I put that on here a few days ago as my wife is a nurse and they have to have them . So do the cleaners where she works.

penguin

Quoteauthor=Nomad link=topic=17387.msg242802#msg242802 date=1597227375]
It has been said that public toilets will not be the responsibility of store staff, only staff toilets.

It begs the question then who will be cleaning the customer toilets in an express and metro if the stores are having no cleaners, clearly it will come down to the staff, however I think most express stores do only have staff toilets and not public ones.

NightAndDay

I think cleaning up after yourself is a reasonable expectation (i.e after using the toilet or using the staffroom kitchen) what is not acceptable is getting staff to take over professional cleaning duties without allocating the same time it took the professional cleaners to take, the fact that no budget changes are happening to accomodate this just proves this was a cost cutting move to aid D.Ls golden goodbye bonus package. Next will be security guards (along with staggered "3 year pay reviews offering 15% at the cost of time and a quarter premiums.") USDAWs lack of action proves that this union needs disbanding quick smart and replaced with a militant union with teeth that takes no guff, that needs to be the starting point to hold these mickey mouse CEO and executive con men to account.

lucgeo

Quote from: pitdiver on 12-08-20, 03:28PM
I work in s superstore on checkouts. We are required to clean our checkout area regularly during our time  on the tills. Specially at this time with the Pandemic.  We have to use Aseptopol  but no one realises that you have to leave it on for thirty seconds. So I ask do you close a checkout for at least 2 mins while you clean the whole belt.

As someone has asked will the staff who will be required to clean the STAFF toilets get the necessary vaccinations. I certainly did when I worked as a cleaner in a hospital.

I think NHS workers are required to have the vaccination due to the clinical environment in which they work?
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

King1999

Let's face it though Tesco isn't the cleanest of places 💩........

NightAndDay

I remember one time a particularly inept Express SM (his role as bakery lead manager in SS got made obsolete so according to their work level system, Express SM was the nearest thing he could do so was transferred there, of course his £38k a year salary was still maintained, but the falliability of Tescos WL systems and their illogical love for SS formats is another topic). This SM had no clue about stock rotation or the stock control process, I was sent from my normal store to clean up his mess, I walked in to delivery cages being kept in the staff toilet, hygiene is only important to Tesco where it doesn't effect operations. (The SM got "politely asked to resign" in the end.)

penguin

What was done with the stock stored in the toilets, please tell me it was wasted out and did not end up on sale or food donations and the like.

dotnochance

And the winning answer is :put out on the shelves like normal...

NightAndDay

Quote from: penguin on 13-08-20, 04:51PM
What was done with the stock stored in the toilets, please tell me it was wasted out and did not end up on sale or food donations and the like.

Put on shelves as normal, other horror stories include milk being put out on the shop floor 2 hours after being out of the chiller.

notsofunny

Quote from: Teddybonkers on 12-08-20, 02:07PM
Quote from: notsofunny on 11-08-20, 06:44PM

That's just scaremongering - and you know it. There's no way cleaning can be done without increasing hours. The cleaner works approx 2 hours a day in our store, so that's 14 hours a week. If Tesco matches that with overtime, they will still be making a huge saving over the existing arrangements.

I know what I have seen , I dont work for tesco anymore but i am still in contact with many that do , I went to see some of those that told me about not getting anymore hours and have seen the new Budgets , and all of them have been cut , They have also told me that they all got told that the Cleaning costs will have to come out of what they have ,

My understanding at first was that we could find ways to keep the cleaners on store costs since the budget would go up to cover cleaning, but that has been ruled out completely , as to customer toilets they will also have to be cleaned in Express on esso sites by staff , and yes my expectations had been that the savings would come from not paying for area managers and cars head office cost for the cleaning company  but thats not how it stands ,

As to scaremongaring ,,, facts are facts  like it or not , and what i have said is from the paperwork i have seen ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hammer10

Just make up a Facebook page anonymously and post it all over it people will soon stop using it maybe then they will wake up and smell the roses or (s***).

notsofunny

Wish I could , but like I said I don't work for Tes... any more and details could get others the Sack ,, I just wish some would stop defending the company when they have not seen all the facts ,,

Redone1

So who had chance to clean their store today?, Now we have no cleaners. No extra staff were in the building today. So it just got left. Can’t wait to see what it’s going to look like by the end of the week.

notsofunny

On top of that the Team leaders came in later than normal since the cleaners used to come in early to open the shop with them , reminder to Team leader/shift runner you are not to open the store on your own , and since most staff arrive 5 mins before store opens you will not have time to get your price changes done before store opens , remember also if you open the store on your own ,and something happens Tesco will not help you since its against company policy to enter  on your own ,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk