News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

14-05-24, 06:31AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5,905
  • Latest: jc1988
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,515
  • Total Topics: 645
  • Online today: 734
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 731
Total: 731

Notice period

Started by jc1988, 13-05-24, 10:37PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jc1988

I am a team manager with 14 years service, but I've been offered a new job, I know there was a document floating about with the change in notice period to 13 weeks. I won't be able to give that and feel like it's very unreasonable. Can anyone confirm if it's a contractual change or is it just a Tesco process change and they can't hold me to it? Thanks

oldfashionedplayer

to me, its highly unreasonable, most just up and go anyhow, i doubt that they'd go for a breach of contract since it'd cost them far more chasing you to court when its not a "high job / full of secrets" position, I'd be saying you were given a choice of the job or no job if you worked your full notice period and you needed to progress in your career so accepted the position elsewhere and that you can work some notice period as a reasonable compromise, given how Tesco wants the best for everyone.  ;D

londoner83

Legally I can't see any court forcing you as a team manager to attend work for 13 weeks notice. You clearly wouldn't want to be there and most if not all of us, would be far less productive if we knew we were leaving soon.....so its a lose/lose situation.

Long notice periods are normally reserved for professionals with trade secrets other companies may want to steal, or for positions that are really difficult to recruit. Without causing offence to any Team Managers you could recruit someone off the street tomorrow and they would get the basics of the role within a week.

Just speak to your manager and agree a date that suits you both.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk