News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:12AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 272
Total: 275

Behaviour during pandemic.

Started by Nomad, 02-06-20, 11:32AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Virus! overall how are/have the company treated their staff ?

very good
71 (19.9%)
good
53 (14.8%)
average
75 (21%)
Poorly
97 (27.2%)
very poorly
61 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 321

Nomad

Rate company behaviour so far during this pandemic.

Please try to take a rounded view rather than a purely personal view.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

gomezz

Presumably based mostly on one's own store or distribution centre etc?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Hammer10

So Dave Lewis spouts more tripe on how we treat people like we should be treated well try looking at himself first and stop penalising all long term staff we would like to be treated like him with all the money he gets for doing very little.

penguin

I would say we have been treated reasonably well, at least in our store, manager has been supportive and everyone has pulled together to make the best of a bad situation, cant pass comment  on what goes on elsewhere but one would hope the same approach is being followed.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

King1999

Treat people like they want to be treated ......... what a joke.All the s*** we've had to endure with that tosser in charge.A toxic place to work nothing more.

grim up north

Absolute joke in my DC. No social distancing. First place to get sanitisers, shields and so on, was the office, where they are already apart from each other. The staff picking the products had to carry on tripping over each other hitting targets. A training room that could hold 30 people with social distancing measures. 55 people turned up all crammed in 'cos we need the staff in case'. Anyone who has worked in a DC will know that you cant train someone from 2 metres away. How can you show them what the screen on the computer(size of an iphone 5) says and means from that distance. Good news is though... we have those disposable gloves now which rip after the first box you pick up.. I could go on...

TheAnonymousWorker

Personally believe the daily/weekly emails are all just the propaganda to make it seem like they’re doing good.

The company has been fair in allowing people paid leave. They didn’t have to do that.

Big confusion around the isolation time off. Constantly being told incorrect information when that initially kicked off. I had to correct several managers on the procedure as incorrect information was being given to colleagues.

Social distancing isn’t considered in my store, place is like a free-for-all. Feels like its normal customer levels being allowed in anyway. We already called out management for going over capacity several times before.

We still aren’t supplied PPE, for gloves we’ve been wasting out saleable gloves. Some masks came in and staff weren’t even told about them.

Suppose it depends on the management in your store, I consider my stores managers to be pretty weak. Only a handful of them are strong in their roles.

Redshoes

We had about 10 people off as vulnerable and one shielded. Two have chosen to come back, store allowed but they had long conversation with store manager first as he really wanted them to stay off. The till screens came in, on time. Endless supply of masks, gloves etc once they started to arrive. I gather now on C2O and a bit expensive.
One way system in place and routines adapted to try and help. For example grocery gone to nights and fresh team in two hours before store opens. H2H colleagues used but hours gradually reduced and down to two on the door but being creative finding the hours.
Customer viewpoint figures down and store scored high so must be doing something right. Colleagues scored very high for being helpful and friendly. Hard to give great service when not feeling supported from above.

Mark calloway

The amount of dot com staff pilling on your aisle at 4am is annoying a few of us. Of course our concerns fall on deaf ears. It's all about £££

lucgeo

The pandemic is over!!! WAHAY!!

Well that's the impression I got this evening when I popped to my local Tesco for a couple of essentials, at what is supposed to be the quiet lull...2M distancing signs still in evidence...in and out system still operating, but once instore...staff walking right alongside you, filling cages that block the aisles, or talking to each other with no distance between them.
Customers allowed to shop in two's or three's...now why do they need to stop and stand in a bloody line, looking at and discussing one product, picking it up, turning it over, debating on whether or not they want it...nope, so back it goes on the shelf, as they shuffle and congest the next mod, for another ten minute, mauling ritual>:(
The one on his phone, aimlessly picking up products as he stands and chats about nowt, whilst you are waiting to get to the product on the shelf he is leaning on >:(
The unmasked couple, two abreast going the wrong way up an aisle, and look confused as to why you're stood there waiting for them to move 2m aside for you to pass ??? Would have thought my gloves and mask would be the giveaway that the pandemic is not over,...as they're definitely not a fashion statement matey  >:(
The designated aisle for checking out closed, so you have to go back against the flow >:(
The young girl who feels the need to get almost up to your face to advise you of the checkout number to go to, and promptly puts her head into the next customer child's pushchair to say hello!!  >:(
Dear God, I only went for a couple of items, but came out feeling the need to completely decontaminate!! And my area is one where cases are on the increase  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

spacerman

All about profit, to hell with social distancing, to hell with colleague safety, not on head office advice but the actions of the idiots in management!

Colleagues crying as they are berated for asking the idiots that shop in Tesco to follow the rules, people manning the door not giving a s*** and letting more in than their should be to get them away from the door and reduce confrontation forcing staff in store to deal with the confrontation. When you complain management tell you they will sort it nothing happens or it happens for a day as they hide protected in the offices, the store manager goes home when we are at the peak of footfall. Its beyond a farce!

Tesco's real problem is not head office or the CEO its the total idiots they place in positions of management this could be blamed on head office however its the idiots that choose the new idiots so who knows. Idiots in management decide in interviews that the idiots are the people we want to work here so they feel superior.

Tesco is without a doubt the epicentre of coronavirus transmission in the stores that have idiots running them, I have never in my life and its been a long one seen so much ineptitude in dealing with something so simple as enforcing social distancing and a one way system, following basic rules set out by head office (FFS they have nearly 100 pages of pictures and rules/guidelines).

Tesco could have profits far exceeding what they are now if they stopped protecting the useless management who spend more time on you tube and snap chat, if they fostered trust in their teams, if they actually trained the tits in positions of authority stopped the adultery that is rife in the company, they put narcissists and sex pests in management positions who only care how the day can end with the least amount of work on their part possible!       

Welcome to TESCO!

dotnochance

"stopped the adultery that is rife in the company" Thought it was just my store most of the managers are at it with each other! (nothing wrong with relationships between coworkers,except they are all married)  a good number have been moved to our store because of the affairs they've had in other stores. 

NightAndDay

Yes, far too many mateyboy managers in Tesco, not saying there aren't good ones, but too many cowboys. Which points to an issue with Tescos Recruitment, Promotion and Development Strategy, even the promotion themselves highlights a problem, no one wants to go from ca to Shift Leader except the desperate, nobody in their right minds would sacrifice better shift patterns, far less responsibility and being on-call for less than a £2 an hour increase, hell being on-call in my current job pays £2.20 an hour and £3.30  an hour on bank holidays, it's just nota job that pays properly for what is required (In Express, Metro Shift Leaders have it far easier.)

spacerman

Quote from: dotnochance on 04-06-20, 01:58AM
"stopped the adultery that is rife in the company" Thought it was just my store most of the managers are at it with each other! (nothing wrong with relationships between coworkers,except they are all married)  a good number have been moved to our store because of the affairs they've had in other stores.

It seems the norm for Tesco, I know of a few stores that have management who have been moved due to sexual misconduct. What I fail to understand is the protectionism if the company was protecting people that bring massive value to the business I would get it however they protect the most ussless.

Nomad

[admin]This topic although it is titled behaviour is concerned with the treatment of staff during the ongoing situation with the corona pandemic, NOT the sexual proclivities of MM or anyone else.[/admin]
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

spacerman

Quote from: Nomad on 04-06-20, 12:54PM
This topic although it is titled behaviour is concerned with the treatment of staff during the ongoing situation with the corona pandemic,  NOT the sexual proclivities of MM or anyone else.

Lmao!

[admin]And the joke is ?[/admin]

Twinkletoes

Behaviour in store is nothing but garbage! Social distancing is a foreign word, the dot com staff can't follow simple rules.  The management are completely inept and I'm sure they must need a hand tying their shoelaces before work

Munchkin

Overall been very good in our store anyone with concerns has been listened to and helped although at the beginning I think some were a bit panic stricken and could have been helped more by some managers who weren't equipped or experienced enough to deal with the situation themselves have been and still am very disappointed with a lot of tesco distribution not the directs they have mostly been fine but tesco and their own or agency drivers have to be constantly challenged about distancing handling of paperwork or microlise so backdoor safety and coronavirus seems to have totally eluded distribution not our stores fault but £9an hour is not enough to be dealing with daily confrontation and issues and often with people who struggle to speak or understand English language

tempworker2020

It really depends on the local stores. some are brilliant at dealing with it and others are shockingly poor.

I know my 3 nearest stores (None are Dot Com) are brilliant for social distancing, the store with Dot Com has been awful in how they've handled social distancing. 

WudULikeUrReceipt

My Tesco is particularly awful though, kinda hoping I'm not kept on after Corona so I've an easy way out.

Overall Tesco has proven itself to be a bit of a joke over this whole pandemic in terms of treatment of staff.

[admin]Post edited to better suit the purpose of this topic, behaviour of company during pandemic. Nomad[/admin]

Darth Tosco

The worst part for our shift, is there seems to be some sort of power tripping conflict between departments.  Night shift for the most part (except when tipping wagons) are able to keep a distance.  Dot com management are telling their department to ignore the one way system and any barriers put in place, and cram as many trollies down one aisle as possible.  Home shoppers take that message as a free pass to do what they want, regardless of store policies.  Then we have dot com management putting up posters to brag about how much profit their department have taken.  Store manager spends most of his time hiding in his office to avoid the conflicts.

We had some plastic gloves given out for the 1st few weeks, but never seen any masks provided.  With all the temps, we've got over 200 members of staff in store at a time.

gomezz

QuoteDot com management are telling their department to ignore the one way system
The answer to that is to do what happened at out store and redo the one-way system to fit in with the way the pickers are directed?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

miriam

Dealing with distancing protection of staff excellent
Return to work after shielding is bully tactics

Ford Torino

The tables have all been separated in the canteen and there are lots of reminders of "no more than 2 to a table" dotted around. I rarely sit in it these days anyway, preferring to take a nap in my car during my break. But I just popped in the other day for a sit down at the end of my shift. The room was relatively empty, but there were FOUR people sitting around a small table having their snacks and merrily chatting away. Then I saw two managers approach the table and I assumed they were going to tell them to separate, but no, they stood around the table and joined in the conversation! I was even thinking of standing up and openly photographing them in a vain attempt to shame them, and I wish I had done now. But I just walked out feeling very annoyed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk