News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:24AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Team Fills

Started by zz9pza, 07-10-20, 03:46PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zz9pza

I work on nights and every night we are told to help with team fills due to lack of staff. One person will deck and then their will be a tannoy announcement for ALL staff to go and fill. This is both grocery and fresh staff.

We have repeatedly said this cannot be right because of Covid but any concerns are brushed off! Managers DO NOT come on the aisle to help fill!

Is this happening on other stores? This cannot be right can it?

Thanks

oldfashionedplayer

correct, it's not right, if your store is team filling they are currently breaching, atm they are running it as if your store is open you should be wearing masks, if your store is closed and you have more than one person on an aisle they should also be wearing a mask, (this is a reasonable request by colleagues atleast for our store) no team fills should be taking place, so you have the right to refuse and you cant be disciplined for it :)

T.C.1

Take a photo of team hit then show it to your SM then ask if this is right??

StinkyPoo

My store team fills every night! No masks as store closed.

1man2jobs

basically your manager does not care about your health or your colleagues health and instead prioritises an easy time doing handover. tell them you cant go gang fill without a risk assessment concerning lack of social distancing as per UK law and if you are still forced to attend go home for lack of duty of care and speak to the store manager in the morning. what is your h and s union rep doing about this?

Panda29

We do team fills but as long we aren’t all on the same mods it’s ok
We are all ove 1m apart
So no big deal really is it

oldfashionedplayer

if we go by actualities of what the processes are in using the expandable barriers provided then teamfills can happen as long as each person is as spaced out 2 mods apart, so every other mod, 2m+ (Tesco still operate 2m+ distancing) however this was following advice of "no need for masks as government say no need yet but advised to", now it's "you must wear a mask while store is open" if store is closed it's not required by law, nor has it been enforced by the company to wear one on nights either, but team fills were banned from happening without proper distancing and hand cleansing.

beentheredoneit

Is lack of staff due to absence / sickness or is it permanent.
If it is the latter, there is something seriously wrong with your operation. Team fill = no accountability
Guessing your SM doesn't care as long as the store is filled and they pressure the night managers to deliver regardless.
Unfortunately this is the way of life in many stores.
As for social distancing - again, as long as no-one complains, no-one will care.
As one of my fellow managers said - our colleagues ARE our family, since we spend more time here than at home.
The only way I would wear a mask when store closed would be if a colleague asked me to.
beentheredoneit

btblackbird

So what is the unions stance on team fills?

Katarn2000

The union's stance on team fills is the same as it's stance on everything. Bent over taking everything Tesco shoves it's way and saying thank you for the partnership all the while.

spike_pkh

We do teamfills in our store, and as someone else posted above, you can still social distance whilst teamfilling. One person every other Mod is over one metre apart.

I highly doubt there is enough staff for 1 per mod so this shouldn't be an issue to achieve. If there is enough staff then the managers should do 2 teamfills to ensure the staff are able to social distance.

Kamila

We are team filling every night. Ever since I remember! I guess that we are the lucky ones as we always have 3-4 aisles to cover so only 2-3 people per each team fills  ;D >:(

lordadmiral

Yeah team mess-ups are great. Force 6 people to fill for ex 4 cages of tea,coffee, biscuits. But in return 6 people leave 12 cages (let say 2 each). Where is logic in that?

How many times I was going through scenario when my mgr came to me with a text like, 'boss want xxx to be done, you see he sent me message on our what's up group. So yeah  do the best.'...me thinking 'yeah right, aisle not done for 4 nights in a row so no wonder he wants it to be done'...

1man2jobs

i see various comments about being 1 metre apart. I think we can all agree we are suppose to be at least 2 as per HSE and Tesco policy.

Rad

Tesco's own policy around close contacts for track and trace, is face to face for a minute or working within a metre for 15 minutes.  The latter time might be longer but its definitely a metre.

sammy

My store has been team filling, COVID is spreading through the store  both night and days the last 2 weeks. Now the store only has 5 night staff left for a large extra store and no night mangers as they’ve all been sent home.

BUY TESLA STOCK

How many staff are you meant to have on nights in a large extra?

Tommo1961

Just curious, have any stores that have staff off with covid. Had any shut down areas fir cleaning? Or rest of staff been informed?  We have had several in last few weeks.  No cleaning. No one sent home to isolate!  Just crack on

King1999

True to form they are a law to themselves........they do care though don't they.£££££££

Himynameus

In my store there has been a very big out break. Two weeks ago the people the person had been in contact with was just evening sent away for test and as soon as that came back negitve they wanted you straight back at work. This has now changed if you have been in contact with someone your send home  for the time you need to isolate. Now environmental health are involved but no extra cleaning has happen. They’ve been in test most of the staff over the last few days. But management claim the outbreak is not from instore just people coming into work. Everything been taken out the canteen pretty much, no tea, coffee, milk, bread ect. They also claim it an  environmental Health is study. Some department only have 1 or 2 member off staff in. And that cause they were on holiday or had COVID so was in.  I’m in a large extra store

King1999

Nice to hear environmental health has got involved.......pathetic company got rid of too many people who cared and put people first.......it’s a shower of s*** everyday now.Apathy the diseased way of thinking.

Jedi4.20

They are making us team fill ever night
No masks
No social distance
I have said no to them on several occasions and I’m now seen as the trouble maker

NightAndDay

Report this practice to the police, corporate troublemakers are another word for trouble revealers in my opinion, more often than not whistleblowers fighting the good fight.

Thidtz

Working nights in a ss we usually started each night with btween 3 and 6 people working one isle on the dairy, a week or so ago we had a team fill with about 12 or 13 people which got reported to our local councils health and safety dept. Within 48 hours our manager told us the whole store is now max 2 staff per isle and we haven't had another team fill since.

King1999

Amazing how stores are willing to put staffs safety at risk to get stock onto shelves,money through tills.Some businesses have far stricter protection in place and have had to shut.Greed is what it’s all about and a total lack of caring.Nice to here that they aren’t above doing as they are told by an outside body.Just to say though staff shouldn’t accept these practices it’s your health and your families they are showing total disregard to.Just remember what type of company it’s become.Do you feel cared about I’m pretty sure the majority don’t anymore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk