News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:53PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 300
Total: 303

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roma1958

eric 79 you sound like a manager to me.
training happens over a period of time. not just one night.

eric79

definitely not a manager my face certainly doesn't fit there!!

The temp in question has been there over a month now. besides which its a simple bit of training at the end of the day... 4 point check. Filled the red cage with cereal today and considering the impact on the store for dotcom and time spent by stock control investigating all that it really isn't acceptable is it?
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

roma1958

i work in stock control.the person you are refering to has been in store for just over a month.how well did you know
your job after a month.more training required at me thinks.

eric79

Well enough to be able to fill a shelf when asked!

roma1958

i still think you are a manager.

eric79

Haha you're entitled to your opinion but I'm definitely not a manager been a general assistant on stock control for 4 years both food and non-food. I'm surprised as a stock controller you don't agree given the situation I described. Apologies to all for going off topic

roma1958

haha no i dont agree with the situation you have described.

LadyEvil

my hubby has just been fired from p/t nightshift for no reason at all,he's gutted and i'm fuming. no reason was given othe then "we're not renewing your contract" so yeah...reallly ticked off!
his line manager said it was because he injured himself at work a few weeks ago(hurt himself at work,because of another member of staffs idiocy i might add,think we'll sue them for unfair dismissal AND injury at work)

what do you make of that?

Nomad

I don't think much of it, however if it was a temporary contract which had reached its end then I forsee no mileage in an unfair dismissal claim.

The injury issue is another matter, witnesses, accident book, accident report, doctor/hospital report, is hubby in a union.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

HeadOfficeElf

[gmod=gomezz]Quote deleted in line with your own advice[/gmod]

1. If the contract had an end date and is not being renewed then there is no unfair dismissal case.
2. If you haven't already started proceedings for the injury at work, them I'm afraid it could now be argued that you are making a claim out of vindictiveness due to your posting above.

It wouldn't take a junior barrister many minutes to link an injury at work, your hubbys contract ending and the timing and nature of your post to come to a conclusion.

If I was you, I'd delete your post.

Duracell

There is no need for that, the two are definitely linked as they used the accident due to another as the reason for the termination. One of the major concerns and key factors in claim settlements is the effect the accident  has on your employment and ability to earn money.
The fact that your husband is unemployed and his ability to earn is reduced as a result of being involved in an accident that wasn't his fault is very relative and a considerable factor with regard to a claim both in the decision to make a claim and in a compensatory amount.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

novaguard12

At my store, we've had one staff move over to the Tech team and their hours were never replaced on the department they were last on. Not to mention about 2 years ago, 2 members of staff left and their hours never got replaced. We never seem to have enough staff in when needed, I myself work by myself for the last two hours of my shift, and Xmas 2011 was a bloody nightmare.

galictica

I can relate to what "Shifty" has said. The workload keeps increasing yet staff levels continue to fall. Our temporary staff are all being let go. They have been told they can re-apply for a few jobs as and when they are advertised. "Tiffany" if you do happen to be a manager then your reply is quite typical of the attitude of managers within Tescos. Jobs are scarce so be thankfull of having one regardless of how we treat you.

newbtl

Quick question, If you terminate your contract with stresco without notice are you entitled to holiday pay owed to you?

terra

Yes, the working time directive makes sure of that

techsupport1

Nomad

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2013/feb/25/tesco-cuts-distribution-centre-jobs

QuoteTesco cuts 2,000 distribution centre jobs
:(  :'(   >:(

Quotenew ones that will give our customers a better service and improve working conditions for our colleagues
;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

lackofinterest

being offered a job hundreds of miles away is no good to chesterfield staff whatsoever >:(

jojaca

Where did 7 pages go on this thread  :-X
[gmod] In order to keep everything in the one place, it was merged over to this thread. http://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=13634.0 WS. [/gmod]

stewi1405

Following on from the forum on team leader and management changes within all store formats excl dot com and checkouts, does this mean that there will be more team leaders coming into dot com or changes to dot com manager role? just heard that there are several stores local to me with dot com getting 2 driving team leaders now from week 9 all being on 8 or less vans plus there normal 2 or 1 picking team leaders. Being a driving team leader myself should i be prepared for major changes in dot com management structure?

lordadmiral

There might not to be a job as Team Leader in Tesco anymore.
They are planning to get rid off all TL if possible. At the moment it will be some trial in some stores across country. It might take few years but ...........
If you are TL you will be redutant or you will have to step down to GAs role.
Stores should have just managers doing whole paper work etc.2

[admin]Please do not quote the immediately preceding post. Thank you. TM[/admin]

picktocube

Not sure why you think that they are getting rid of Teamleaders in Dotcom? This is one of the areas where they are keeping them aren't they?

The Mrs

Agrees with picktocube. Dotcom is not affected by the current TL trial.

TL

Dotcom n checkouts not affected......yet!

lackofinterest

[gmod]duplicate quote removed[/gmod]
Quote from: tescotimmy on 07-10-09, 07:20PM
every one of the poles we got has gone and not been replaced, every department we are told has too many hours i have been told grocery is 200 hours over budget , days have 2  full timers, nights don't have one person for each aisle we have 5 night managers and several team leaders but not enough staff, managers jobs are created willy nilly, three years ago the night shift was run by 2 managers and 3 team leaders and  16 more staff and we struggled then. it would not be as bad if the managers pulled their weight but the majority don't even stay on the shopfloor all night and god help you if there  is any type of incident as they dissappear completely. we are now being barked at and told that this job should take 2 hours and that one is 1 hour. how wouldthey know when non of them has ever done any of the jobs themselves. they are just wastes of skin in my store. if the jobs market was better tesco would have no staff as they would all work for asda!!!!
as per timescales, tell(dont ask) them to lead by example. as per jobs market, they would work anywhere else but tosco

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk