News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-04-24, 09:28PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,434
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 921
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 545
Total: 545

job cuts?

Started by Vinny1985, 11-01-21, 04:01PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forrestgimp

Use the staff for other tasks.... How many trolley collectors do you think there are? I would say more often than not its one person and a lot of time its no one assigned to it.

Couple that with the abuse we get when there is no trolley outside the door waiting to be used from customers who think its ok to walk past every trolley bay to the front of the store ignoring all the empty trolleys only to get super irate at there being non in arms reach.

For my money the trolley person is one of the most important people in store along with the cleaners who keep the shop looking clean and tidy.

Not what management think obviously I mean thicky cleaners being integral to the running of the store...god forbid.

BarryZola

Hypothetically speaking, if my friend was on a full-time contract on Fruit & Veg replenishment and Fruit and Veg had been assigned as 'over hours', could some of my friends hours be forcefully moved onto Dotcom picking and have the remainder of her hours left on Fruit and Veg? Just interested to know what the official line is? This is something that's apparently happening in several stores now following the conference calls last week. Let's just assume that the days and shift patterns were to be pretty much the same. Thanks :)

5fdp

Yes to the last post.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Quote from: forrestgimp on 08-02-21, 10:34PM
Use the staff for other tasks.... How many trolley collectors do you think there are? I would say more often than not its one person and a lot of time its no one assigned to it.

Couple that with the abuse we get when there is no trolley outside the door waiting to be used from customers who think its ok to walk past every trolley bay to the front of the store ignoring all the empty trolleys only to get super irate at there being non in arms reach.

For my money the trolley person is one of the most important people in store along with the cleaners who keep the shop looking clean and tidy.

Not what management think obviously I mean thicky cleaners being integral to the running of the store...god forbid.

“Thicky cleaners”

some of them are probably smarter than you

penguin

Given the fact we are in the middle of a pandemic then I would say cleaners are integral and you referring to them as "thicky" shows you to be a rather unpleasant individual.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

alf

I'd hazard a guess and say that phrase was intented as a hypothetical thought from management.

Pancakes

Has anyone got any information regarding whether they will cease 24 hours opening permanently?

BUY TESLA STOCK

Quote from: penguin on 09-02-21, 07:04PM

Given the fact we are in the middle of a pandemic then I would say cleaners are integral and you referring to them as "thicky" shows you to be a rather unpleasant individual.

Thanks penguin

This is probably the type of person who tries to command respect on the shop floor yet doesn’t give it out when talking behind other people’s backs. Usually they think they are one of the boys and end up becoming management and think everyone’s a jobsworth other than a few mates on the shopfloor.

NightAndDay

Quote from: alf on 09-02-21, 07:14PM
I'd hazard a guess and say that phrase was intented as a hypothetical thought from management.

Glad someone realised

NightAndDay

Quote from: penguin on 09-02-21, 07:04PM

He was saying hyoothetically what the stereotypical arrogant Tesco manager would say, not his own opinion. As shown by "For my money the trolley person is one of the most important people in store along with the cleaners who keep the shop looking clean and tidy."

Though I think having the coin in cart Aldi system would be a good move.

Colleague 3000000

Please can someone clarify.

What hours are being cut from what department?

Are the checkouts going to be open only 8am - 10pm?

What is happening to CSD?

Thank you.

newguy20

Surely it's different from store to store as to hours etc. Whether they had been cut back recently etc.

We have had vacancies ignored for a while, only one trolley guy 8 to 4 nowadays, in the evenings one of the checkouts staff is given half an hour to do the best he can.

Colleague 3000000

I have specifically read a document called 'Service Delivery Model'

I only got a glimpse of it:

No more flower wrapping at CSD.
No more changing rooms.
Checkouts to open 8am - 10pm.

What is the rest of the info??

Surely someone has information?

Redshoes

Quote from: Colleague 3000000 on 09-02-21, 09:01PM
Please can someone clarify.

What hours are being cut from what department?

Are the checkouts going to be open only 8am - 10pm?

What is happening to CSD?

Thank you.

It depends on trade in your store. My store is going self service only until 8am and again after 10pm. Reliefs for the odd trolley when needed, filling up bags and till rolls etc to be done during the day.
Change run single person if done when store is closed and dependant upon size of cash office.
CSD moves to more single person but depends on trade.
Less cash and different shopping trends. Less people shopping daily but bigger trolleys when they do. Bigger trolleys generally means card payment. More people using cards during COVID.

Redshoes

Quote from: Colleague 3000000 on 09-02-21, 09:44PM
I have specifically read a document called 'Service Delivery Model'

I only got a glimpse of it:

No more flower wrapping at CSD.
No more changing rooms.
Checkouts to open 8am - 10pm.

What is the rest of the info??

Surely someone has information?

The heat map has hours built in for certain tasks. Things like flower wrapping has been removed as out of date service. There used to be a time when a days overtime was put in for flower wrapping at valentines etc. Not seen that in years.

londoner83

It's all store specific. If your tills are busy 6-8am they will remain open. If you have lots of cash payments you won't have many card only tills installed and vice versa.

ClatterMan

My store is over-hours on fresh night team and with no extra staff needed on grocery.
The fresh night team are expected to split 50+ cages on friday night,team fill at least one aisle.
Finish up to 15 + cages backstock while working those 50+ cages.
They want us to do this with only 4 staff.
We have 7 on friday atm.

They want at least 3 fresh staff to go.
Job cuts may happen if they do not leave.
All this is due to a someone at head office with a pocket calculator-a cage of ready meals takes x number of mins etc.

forrestgimp

Quote from: thefatcontroller on 09-02-21, 06:24PM

“Thicky cleaners”

Yes they are, Sarcasm does not come across well on the internet.

Colleague 3000000

Yes if you read it properly then it’s clear he was sticking up for trolley guys.

Back to my main point:

Higher up staff have been emailed two documents:

Service delivery model - has the planned changes and explanations.
Moving hours - is on help centre.

Can someone find the service delivery model document, a manager or someone that is a union rep probably has it.

Then either post it on here or get screenshots/highlights, something. I want to read it.

Thank you.

Mark calloway

Quote from: forrestgimp on 10-02-21, 11:38AM
Quote from: thefatcontroller on 09-02-21, 06:24PM

“Thicky cleaners”

Yes they are, Sarcasm does not come across well on the internet.
I knew what you meant

Nomad

Move on, please.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Call me

From march 1st flower wrapping gone. No cash back at our store. They saying if a Tesco has an ATM then no cash back in shop. A few of the  main bank tills will be card only. Heat map will come down by week 3. Right hrs right place chip and pin will go from £45 to £100   And there's more coming soon. 

Colleague 3000000

Hi again.

The second anyone knows what’s happening to hours on the front end.

Please post it here.

Thank you.

londoner83

It will all be store specific. For example one store may only have tills open 8am till 10pm with 50% going card only whilst another will still have tills open 6am till midnight with just a couple of card only tills.

With more and more customers using cards to pay, hours will be lost for tasks such as change run, cash office and even for tender time (as its quicker to tap a card than to count out a handful of change)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk