News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:11PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 291
Total: 293

Pandemics & Tesco's policy

Started by Orangutan, 24-02-20, 09:51AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladPutin

I stand corrected. Partially. NHS staff may get the jag first, but not coppers or retail staff.

Tossgo

Covid Jab - If you have had your covid jab booked in when your meant to be in work (contracted shift) and have to leave to get it done, should this be a paid absence or not.
Our store seem to be telling people they have to take it unpaid or make the time up at end of there shift

fscer

Yep have to make time up. What a lovely company eh?

Welshie

Vaccine centres are open 7 days a week quite long days , it shouldn't be that difficult to arrange it out side of your shift  and also better for you as you dont know how you'll feel after it so would you really want to go back to work .
But I thought the last covid update on our Tesco did say that if you couldn't get another appointment, it should be paid .

Welshie

The Tesco colleague room coronavirus update January '21 states that anyone in the four priority groups can get paid time off for vaccination . I can only assume that as vaccines have opened up to more people that this has been revised .

VladPutin

Quote from: fscer on 28-02-21, 04:27PM
Yep have to make time up. What a lovely company eh?

Oh, I don't think that was ever in doubt. Even before the pandemic. 8-)

Welshie

So Matt Hancock said yesterday at press conference that shielding would end on 31st March , do you think that will be for all colleagues or just those that have had both vaccinations ? 

Biscuit tin

I think its ridiculous that people that have had both jabs should still be shielding now.

Morris999

The Gov website has been updated today, and it seems it's for all those who are shielding whether they have had their first jab or not.
However it does say they will all be sent a letter over the next 2 weeks giving the full guidance.
The question now is will Tesco follow that advice or go one step further and tell those that are shielding not to return till you have had both jabs.
I'm guessing they will update stores by next Friday once they have had time to look at the new guidelines.

Welshie

Just read the updated guildance and noticed it said if you can work from home you should continue to do so but if you can't, your employer should make sure the workplace is covid safe and that you should consult with employers.

Quote from: Biscuit tin on 18-03-21, 01:34PM
I think its ridiculous that people that have had both jabs should still be shielding now.

But not that many have had both doses . I agree that those fully vaccinated should be allowed to return but if you've only had one dose and as many will be on medication that reduces the effectiveness of vaccine ,  is it really safe for them to return ?

Morris999

It's come down this afternoon on Comms, all shielding colleagues to return on 1st April(except Scotland which at the end of April) following Gov advice.
If you want to wait till you have had second jab or other reason then it's the same options as the previous lockdowns.
Holidays, unpaid or lifestyle break.
Your Store should contact you before 1st of April.
Should all be on colleague help at some point soon.

I thought I read somewhere that colleagues in top for group would get paid for vaccination appointment I can't find this information anymore.

dotnochance

Well if their in top 4 groups, their shielding and are getting paid anyway

Quote from: dotnochance on 19-03-21, 05:53PM
Well if their in top 4 groups, their shielding and are getting paid anyway
Not if your having your jab after shielding has ended

Welshie

Shielding in Northern Ireland now extended until 12th April.

Redshoes

It's not automatically paid. It's unpaid, shift change or time back for appointments but to support colleagues to have vaccine as in everybody's interest fir it to be done. I doubt that there would be a brief to say pay some but not others.

Welshie

There actually was a brief put out about paying CEV colleagues for time off for vaccines if their appointment could not be changed but I think it was put out before shielding was re-introduced so probably not applicable now and paying them was a last resort after shift swap or holiday .

oldfashionedplayer

Well in any case, for those who do have the vaccine and have side effects, it no longer comes under normal sickness, it now comes under covid related absence so get in those pay queries for last time off for it...

grim up north

Welshie

So for staff in England and Wales who have been shielding  , is it straight back to work as normal ? Or has there been another OH questionnaire or other plans put in place ?

foe

Hi, sorry if that was brought up here before, has Tesco's policy towards members of the staff with symptoms (high temperature) changed recently?
If I have symptoms do I have to just call sick and later fill in the isolation note? Or perhaps I have to book my PCR test (after calling sick) as well finding out whether I have covid or some kind of influenza?
Got the impression the advice given by NHS has changed a bit since November. 

Cinderella

Does anyone know what Tesco's policy is on self isolation and pay? In my store, they don't pay you unless you or someone you live with has Covid. They don't even pay on the regular sick policy, so you just completely lose pay.

I had symptoms last year, which turned out not to be Covid. I was off only three days as I went back as soon as I received a negative test. I was recently contacted by track and trace, and ordered to isolate for ten days. I got tested and when it was negative I asked to come back to work and was told I had to see through the full isolation period. They told me it is law. I have now lost ten days pay! People I know in other stores are paid for self isolation, especially when it's ordered by track and trace.

Redshoes

You should be paid. If you have followed guidelines this should not have to fight this.
However, there has been word of people not being paid when they have broken the rules. We have had people within our group not being paid as they have been at parties.
I live in Scotland. We can't go in each other's houses. We can meet outside in small numbers but it's cold, has been snowing. Pubs and cafes are closed. Non-essential shops are closed. There are at the moment very limited circumstances where track and trace should kick in. I did hear that restrictions are lifting but it for people meeting outside, bigger numbers.

NightAndDay

Hmm, there should be evidence of people "partying" if that's the reason they're witholding pay, it doesn't seem like a process with much governance behind it.

Tommo1961

You should be paid.  Also from the first day ( not 3 days ).  You also get paid if the covid jab makes you unwell. 😋

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk