News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:51PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 302
Total: 304

Physical attacks/threats on staff.

Started by fatty, 04-11-07, 03:17AM

Previous topic - Next topic

penguin

Not as serious as many of the incidents described here but one of our counter staff was subjected to a tirade of verbal abuse and threats yesterday by a man because the item he wanted was no longer on offer, thankfully security removed the idiot from the store and advised him his custom was no longer required.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Nomad

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/masked-men-raid-tesco-express-10786839

QuoteThree men, one of them armed with a knife, threatened staff at Tesco Express on Leeds Road, Dewsbury, on Sunday night.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

penguin

Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

666markyboy

we have a licence to sell alcohol,but i don't accept being called a specked four eyed tw*t,and getting up in my face ,  >all coz i could'nt  understand what he wanted  >:D

Nomad

Tesco staff threatened by robbers in Northampton who made off with goods

Glad no one was physically injured  :thumbup:

QuoteThe spokeswoman said: "It was still dark at that time of the morning but if anyone was acting suspiciously in the early hours of this morning, or late last night, they should contact police."
spot the mistake in the above quote from article.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Sarah C

I have been assaulted on 3 separate occassions, all reported via incident reporting. What happens next..... Jack sht you don't even get your om asking if your ok. It's a joke we give all this bs about looking after our colleagues when in reality your just ms. 4567654.
Omg if I was a poor customer slipping on a grape I would be offered counseling and a new car!!! >:(  >:( >:(

Equalizer87

That's the sad reality of Tesco. Staff can be abused and assaulted by customers at will with very little reaction from management.  All in the name of " customer service" b*llsh*t.

Never seen a manager in my life deal with an aggressive customer, always the GA'S that end up dealing with it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Sarah C

To be fair I'm a Sm and would never expect my staff to deal with a situation I wouldn't. But it's the little things that count, the "thank you" or "are you OK". Not the 50 page booklet that says its March, now have fun.  Tesco could change overnight if it embraced one word ....,"RESPECT"

Equalizer87

@Sarah C

I agree, however it won't change and that's the root of the problem.

Sadly most managers I knew would sit on the sidelines, wait for the staff to deal with a situation and then discipline one or two of them for protecting themselves or others.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

lackofinterest

Quote from: Sarah C on 22-03-16, 10:51PM
To be fair I'm a Sm and would never expect my staff to deal with a situation I wouldn't. But it's the little things that count, the "thank you" or "are you OK". Not the 50 page booklet that says its March, now have fun.  Tesco could change overnight if it embraced one word ....,"RESPECT"
respect and tesco in the same sentence?? doesn't seem to fit somehow >:(

lackofinterest

Quote from: Sarah C on 22-03-16, 06:07PM
I have been assaulted on 3 separate occassions, all reported via incident reporting. What happens next..... Jack sht you don't even get your om asking if your ok. It's a joke we give all this bs about looking after our colleagues when in reality your just ms. 4567654.
Omg if I was a poor customer slipping on a grape I would be offered counseling and a new car!!! >:(  >:( >:(
I've always said this company don't give a flying feck about its staff but keep putting posters up pretending they do. anybody who believes what it says on these posters is a fool.

express whizz kid

Quote from: Sarah C on 22-03-16, 06:07PM

I am a deputy manager in express and i would'nt dream of putting any of my ca's team leaders and lastly customers at risk i would quite gladly throw myself into the mix and get the problem sloved yes I've been punched, spat at been called every name under the sun but go home with the fact it was me and not any member of my staff, not all us managers are bad but guess all tarred with the same brush.

Equalizer87

@Express Whizz  Kid

The problem is that it's very widespread concerning managers not standing up for staff, hence the "tarnished with the same brush" thought.

I remember on occasion where a customer deliberately  stayed after the store and tills were closed, after being warned 3 times about this, he then demanded to be served, swore at staff and the guard. At which point the guard decided to remove him from the building, only to be overruled by the duty manager who had been sitting at the side watching everything unfold.

When you have seen incidents like that, it's easy to see why the rep of managers is very low. Not saying all are bad but most  are.

KittyKat

After a colleague on the CSD was told to shut her mouth by a customer that had her close to tears, the Store Manager told her she was paid to take abuse.

Equalizer87

I would have told the manager to get my contract and show me where it says about being paid for abuse. Then tell them to f*** the job.

Nomad

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Gun-knife-seized-violent-incident-Cambridge-Tesco/story-29238853-detail/story.html

QuotePolice have seized a gun, knife and balaclava after being called to an incident at a Cambridge Tesco.

Officers were called to reports of a violent incident in Hills Road on Thursday at the convenience store.

Police were called to reports of a suspected shoplifter who was detained by staff at a store.

Had the potential to be a very nasty incident.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

VladPutin

Quote from: KittyKat on 24-04-16, 12:04PM
After a colleague on the CSD was told to shut her mouth by a customer that had her close to tears, the Store Manager told her she was paid to take abuse.

That so-called Store Manager should spend what's left of their career collecting trollies and cleaning the toilets. With a toothbrush. >:(

Nomad

@VladPutin, on this occasion I fully agree with your sentiments.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Equalizer87

I agree with VladPutin. Retail staff in any format are not paid to take abuse. And I have seen more than enough managers run and hide as soon as troublemaking customers turn up, then berating the staff who had little choice but to try and deal with it.
Managers like these are pathetic excuses for human beings. They are trained in conflict management they should be dealing with it.

pda

A colleague today pushed an item covered in their body fluid against my skin, completely unprovoked. I would like to complain but in the heat of the moment I was pushing it back at them so fear I may be in as much trouble?

lucgeo

pda

1) Any witnesses to colleagues action??

2) Is the area covered by CCTV if not?

3) Put in a grievance, it is irrelevant that you pushed it back. You were reacting to "fight or flight" mode genetically installed in all humans by Mother Nature.

4) what do you want the outcome to be?

5) Go on were all dying to know?? What was the body fluid?? This could have different level of outcome depending on nature of the fluid.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lucgeo

Although now I come to think of it, any body fluid, forcibly imposed on another's body could be construed as a serious assault!!

lucgeo

Is there anyone else that can give some opinion on this, as I'm sure the poster could do with anyone who may have had personal knowledge of maybe this happening elsewhere? And any outcome they can expect??  8-)

Nomad

Robber armed with crossbow raids Tesco store in Hull's Beverley Road

Always thought crossbows to be especially nasty things.

But not to worry:
QuoteA Tesco spokesman said, "We were shocked to hear of this incident and very glad that no-one was hurt. The safety and security of our colleagues and customers is our top priority..............."
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk