News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 08:44AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,423
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 553
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Bonus payments

Started by Dundonald, 12-01-24, 10:39PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightAndDay

Quote from: Morris999 on 17-01-24, 10:56AMIf CA pay goes to £12+ in April it will put Shift leaders on a little less per month than a large percentage of TM's!
if the shift leader then gets paid for their early day or any breaks, they will be taking home more than the TM's, and that's before any overtime the shift leader does!
This will be the case till probably end of july.
No shift leader with anything about them will progress under those circumstances.
The company is already having to pay a larger % of external TM's £33k+ just to fill vacancies, you can imagine how that's going down with long term TM's who are finding themselves at the bottom of the pay scale, knowing SL's will soon be on pretty much the same wage!
It's why i personally think there will either be big pay rises for TM's this year or the CA pay rise will be in 2 stages to not only get rid of sunday premiums but to try and hoodwink TM's into thinking they got a good deal when in reality they didn't.
More likely they will make either lead team or TM redundant, with Shift Leaders in place to do most of the non-admin oriented work, it really doesn't need 3 levels of in-store management to deal with admin, legal and performance.

If I were the business analyst, I'd make lead management team redundant and make the floor pay of TMs £35k a year ranging upwards to £55k a year and to directly report to the Store Manager.

Attilla

Is this speculation or fact that store managers get a Bonus?   Also those store that had some kinda gift, voucher goody bag at Christmas. Where did the funds come from to pay for them?  I e had nothing for five Christmas on the trot , along with other colleagues

1982dave

Past few years in my store even managers have confirmed that store manager has had a nice bonus over x mas  another extra in my area store manager had a nice Xmas bonus too.. we were given a gift card of a few £ on it in mine another store in my area the staff were given 1£ scratch cards

Attilla

Only way to make the Union take notice of its membership is a mass resignation.  As an organisation they couldn't afford the financial hit.  This however, will not happen.  Let's be honest we're now little more than minimum wage employees. The government do a better job representing  us than the Union

1982dave

Atleast 20 have left the union in my store .. and yes I'm intrested when this pay rise is announced will we match Sainsbury or are we waiting for Asda to announce there pay rise I'm sure someone said Sainsbury back dated there payrise aswell

Raven

Quote from: Attilla on 19-01-24, 09:40AMIs this speculation or fact that store managers get a Bonus?  Also those store that had some kinda gift, voucher goody bag at Christmas. Where did the funds come from to pay for them?  I e had nothing for five Christmas on the trot , along with other colleagues
I've no idea about manager's bonus'.
USDAWs facebook page had someone asking about Christmas budgets / colleague christmas bonus just before Christmas. The thread was closed down pretty quickly (as is any thread which results in colleagues posting anything negative - pay threads etc). From what I gather though, it seems that each store gets a per person Christmas budget to spend as the store sees fit... presumably things like buffets, raffles, etc come out of that, as well as any actual gifts to colleagues. I can't say for sure though (hopefully someone else does actually know how it works).

The year before last I got nothing; and when I commented about how the small packet of chocolates I got this time was better than the absolutely nothing I'd got the previous one, some of my colleagues said they'd actually got more the previous year (full crates of beer / lager). Not sure if my portion of the budget was spent on store favourites that year.

Attilla

Interesting reply,in our store most had nothing yet others were given bottle of wine or Whisy been the same for a few years now

barafear

Quote from: Raven on 19-01-24, 11:55AM
Quote from: Attilla on 19-01-24, 09:40AMIs this speculation or fact that store managers get a Bonus?  Also those store that had some kinda gift, voucher goody bag at Christmas. Where did the funds come from to pay for them?  I e had nothing for five Christmas on the trot , along with other colleagues
I've no idea about manager's bonus'.
USDAWs facebook page had someone asking about Christmas budgets / colleague christmas bonus just before Christmas. The thread was closed down pretty quickly (as is any thread which results in colleagues posting anything negative - pay threads etc). From what I gather though, it seems that each store gets a per person Christmas budget to spend as the store sees fit... presumably things like buffets, raffles, etc come out of that, as well as any actual gifts to colleagues. I can't say for sure though (hopefully someone else does actually know how it works).

The year before last I got nothing; and when I commented about how the small packet of chocolates I got this time was better than the absolutely nothing I'd got the previous one, some of my colleagues said they'd actually got more the previous year (full crates of beer / lager). Not sure if my portion of the budget was spent on store favourites that year.
I was not aware of this "budget" - I've always assumed that when I get a christmas card and small gift signed by the management team that it is a direct gift from them. Or maybe the gift is just a write off.

So - this Christmas I got a card (signed by store manager - the management group has shrunk somewhat since previous years) - I got a small box of family favourite biscuits and the £1.25 Cadbury tiny Christmas choc assortment. Inside the card, we got a £1 scratchcard and a raffle ticket - unbeknown to me everyone was entered into a raffle where there was a plethora of prizes - think the top prize was a 40 inch TV. Other prizes were "half a shift off" - and other bits and pieces - chocs/alcohol (wine)/toiletries. I won a Gillette Razor!! - However, I was given my raffle prize before I got the Christmas card - so I knew nothing about the raffle!! Also "won" £2 on the scratchcard.

oldfashionedplayer

QuoteCelebration
We are giving you the most flexibility for usage of your celebration budgets, so whether you want to have a
buffet, provide a pizza night, give goody bags or hold a free prize draw, the choice is yours. Having a store
Clubcard in place will also help make the budgets go further.
Your Celebration budget is £6 per head if used through paid out or £8 per head if used through transfers. Your
total amounts will be shared with you in Week 37.
Reminder: This budget is a per head amount to celebrate with all colleagues in your team.
this was from the information, the thank you cards and a few paid days off to use however the store wanted were a part of recognition too for the "cost of living challenges"

know for ours we saw Zilch.

lucgeo

Quick question....do stores still have forums? Are the rules around them that the minutes of the forum meeting must be written up and displayed on the notice board with next steps and manger allocation for reaching the set goal?

My reason for asking is that as a past forum rep, I would fill in the cards myself asking the awkward questions pertaining to be from colleagues. I'd also write their right to remain anonymous. The store manager had blocked some in the past as they hadn't included their name or department, hence the inclusion of "their rights" bit.
The PP was known to sift through them a couple of days prior to the meeting and remove any they didn't like...so mine used to be popped into the box just before the meeting and I'd give it a good shuffle! The box was then opened in the meeting and the cards shared out, sometimes if I got one of my own I'd pretend I was having trouble reading the handwriting  :D

So at the next meeting, everyone fill in the cards asking why you didn't get anything from Tesco for a Christmas bonus? Ask for it to be taken to the area forum to be asked why?? The manager will stall and say it's a store matter...so ask for the store response for all the colleagues to understand why?
If the minutes are still required to be displayed, ask when the minutes will be up on the board for all colleagues to read??
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Sherwoodforest

Never seen forum board in all atores I've worked in
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

oldfashionedplayer

Literally never bad any minutes shown or what's been talked about at store forum, we've had a night manager who went to one and was told to keep their stuff to themselves though, but thst was a good 7-8 years ago.

lucgeo

Then you should be questioning this with your local USDAW area office, regardless whether you are a union member or not...stores lost their right to vote to strike in favour of the partnership agreement...if you are not a union member USDAW will still be voting on your behalf as they hold the partnership agreement on your behalf.

The forum was brought in for your " right to a voice" the whole idea was for instore colleagues to raise concerns or petty frustrations...some of which could be resolved instore, others needed to be brought to the area forum as unable to resolve instore.

The store MUST have a set amount of forum reps...the store forum MUST listen to every concern raised...the colleagues DO NOT have to reveal their identity or department to raise an issue written on their cards...the store should have all minutes of the meeting recorded in writing...the store should have an allocated person to deal with resolutions to be rectified instore or taken to the area forum, with a name and timescale for completion of each issue raised...the store should have the meeting's minutes with the stated resolutions, by whom and by when displayed on the store colleague notice board, for all colleagues to read.

If this is not the case in your store, then you have a right to request, in writing from your USDAW area office, what the current rules are regarding the store forum, and if your "right to a voice" under the partnership agreement has been eroded or become non existent?
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

trimum

We all got a tub of hero's. Don't even get a Xmas meal anymore as no canteen staff.

madness

Quote from: Attilla on 19-01-24, 10:19AMOnly way to make the Union take notice of its membership is a mass resignation.  As an organisation they couldn't afford the financial hit.  This however, will not happen.  Let's be honest we're now little more than minimum wage employees. The government do a better job representing  us than the Union
What job should be minimum wage?
and if the answer is none then whatever is the lowest becomes the minimum anyway.

Retail at store assistant level is the least qualified and skilled job along with cleaning that a person can do.
That doesnt mean it isnt an important job. but it is at eh bottom of the food chain (no pun intended)

jeff2102

We got absolutely nothing.....

Parttime

Each store got a budget of approx £5 per colleague for a Xmas treat, our whole team got a tub of heroes, seemed fairer than a meal which only a proportion could attend

Paupers wage

Our store as per past few years receive £5 to spend in store on whatever they want for Xmas which is better than nowt

oldfashionedplayer

Why only £5? Where'd tbe other £1 go  :D

All stores were given £6 per colleague, so did they use the £1 per colleague to do something with for you lot if you actually got something? Know ours didn't get anything at all ???

Raven

On the USDAW facebook page last night someone was asking about the "4% bonus in June" and they were told bonus payments are only for salaried staff as we "gave up our bonus to have it incorporated into our hourly pay instead". You'd expect hourly pay to be somewhat higher than the average if it has bonus pay incorporated into it.

oldfashionedplayer

we got it in pay but it didn't last long.. 10.10 then 10.30 in the october and then 10.42 minimum wage came in.. so it was quickly overturned... they had to pay us over and even on the new pay deal they made it out like they were doing us a favour but in actuality it was that they just didn't want to be the lowest paid supermarket, so they were the 2nd lowest instead... it'll probably be the same this time..

Lidl go up to 12.30 with service, so I'd say 12.40 would be what they'd go for but wouldn't give us a bonus at all... they avoid it at every turn when asked in questions.

Raven

Sainsbury's have announced £12 so I would expect that to be the standard base rate for supermarkets. If we're lucky we might get £12.05, just to keep us a step ahead. The discount supermarkets seem to pay better than the rest so I wouldn't expect to be close to those.

penguin

Quote from: Raven on 02-02-24, 09:59AMOn the USDAW facebook page last night someone was asking about the "4% bonus in June" and they were told bonus payments are only for salaried staff as we "gave up our bonus to have it incorporated into our hourly pay instead". You'd expect hourly pay to be somewhat higher than the average if it has bonus pay incorporated into it.
Always irritated me that the Union said we gave up the bonus for higher pay, nobody got a say Tesco simply told the Union it was happaning and the pay increase that year never compensated for the loss of the bonus.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

1982dave

Exactly the lady in the union office when I cancelled paying for it said all union members were balloted  about losing our bonus I didn't hear anything neither did anyone else I work with

Teddybonkers

USDAW = FAKE UNION  :thumbdown:  (Don't waste your money)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk