Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 10:02AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,426
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 551
Total: 553

Spotting any changes to stores when they removed nights

Started by Bobmay, 17-08-23, 03:11PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishRacingGreen

@Bobmay - that's how rumours start ... "Most likely he was told by head office".

Sherwoodforest

That great chain of command within our business, Head office then crispy creme driver(who in no way,shape or form would be affected by a store losing nights)makes sense
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

Morrissey1912

Bobmay.Keep telling you it's not happening.There is now stores putting there night shift back in place as it can't cope.Sainsburys tried failed.Asda tried failed.Stop harping on about it and get on with your job

T.C.1

Last month an extra put H&B back onto nights because days could not cope I think nights are here to stay.

chris9997

Quote from: Morrissey1912 on 26-09-23, 08:24PMBobmay.Keep telling you it's not happening.There is now stores putting there night shift back in place as it can't cope.Sainsburys tried failed.Asda tried failed.Stop harping on about it and get on with your job
Local Sainsburys to me Night shift going this week all taken rdundancy

Bobmay

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 26-09-23, 05:50PMThat great chain of command within our business, Head office then crispy creme driver(who in no way,shape or form would be affected by a store losing nights)makes sense
He would be affected as instead of coming at 2 in morning he will gave to come at 6 in morning instead

Bobmay

Quote from: Morrissey1912 on 26-09-23, 08:24PMBobmay.Keep telling you it's not happening.There is now stores putting there night shift back in place as it can't cope.Sainsburys tried failed.Asda tried failed.Stop harping on about it and get on with your job
My store is an express former metro it is only time when they will remove nights. It not even as busy as before.

WAGs

Quote from: Bobmay on 27-09-23, 01:44PM
My store is an express former metro it is only time when they will remove nights. It not even as busy as before.
You have decided you are going to be made redundant so stop asking questions as you don't believe anybody that you won't!  So your arguing is pointless believe the doughnut delivery driver 😆!

rupert7

to add some thing to the mix, i have for the last month or so been looking at the tesco own job site, and make what you will of it, but a lot of jobs for the twillight hours are on line ,

oldfashionedplayer

Quote from: T.C.1 on 27-09-23, 08:38AMLast month an extra put H&B back onto nights because days could not cope I think nights are here to stay.
We've had bread, frozen, H&B and beer back on nights since like 10 weeks after they said about it changing... Our heat map and hours etc are all still for days. When it was on days they had 5 people filling bread  ???

WAGs

Quote from: rupert7 on 27-09-23, 06:06PMto add some thing to the mix, i have for the last month or so been looking at the tesco own job site, and make what you will of it, but a lot of jobs for the twillight hours are on line ,
Well Xmas Temp Nights vacancies going on now!

Bobmay

Quote from: WAGs on 28-09-23, 10:01AM
Quote from: rupert7 on 27-09-23, 06:06PMto add some thing to the mix, i have for the last month or so been looking at the tesco own job site, and make what you will of it, but a lot of jobs for the twillight hours are on line ,
Temp not permanent.

Bobmay

Quote from: WAGs on 27-09-23, 05:07PM
Quote from: Bobmay on 27-09-23, 01:44PM
You have decided you are going to be made redundant so stop asking questions as you don't believe anybody that you won't!  So your arguing is pointless believe the doughnut delivery driver 😆!
His office must have told him about the store nobody being their until 6. Secondly we are the only few store that still have them. We are an express store no longer a metro. It is only a matter of time.We are already getting 16.30 an hour on Saturday night shift.

BritishRacingGreen

Quote from: Bobmay on 28-09-23, 12:00PM
Quote from: WAGs on 28-09-23, 10:01AM
Temp not permanent.
All positions are temporary - until made permanent. Mine was temporary when advertised.

Sherwoodforest

@bobmay do you really think tesco are bothered about a crispy creme delivery time?im in a night store and ours come after 7am,nobody buys crispy cremes at 6am anyway,come on your clutching at straws

oldfashionedplayer

ours comes at about 9/10pm for a night store, sometimes 2-3am lol, just depends who's driving...

as for positions:

Temporary contracts must only be used for genuine short term resource needs (e.g. seasonal) or to cover family leave or lifestyle breaks or long-term sickness, as per the policy. They should not be extended beyond 12 weeks unless there is an exceptional reason

There's been quite a few comms about it over the months reminding stores of the process with it, since they have to let their area organiser know if it needs to go past 12 weeks and why they weren't kept on if they were let go when there was position etc..

One of the actual decent things to be honest from negotiations i guess for actual security of employment, just like new improved time off for maternity / adoption / loss / carer, though that bit a bit ontopic and off depending how you see it.

Bobmay

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 28-09-23, 05:22PM@bobmay do you really think tesco are bothered about a crispy creme delivery time?im in a night store and ours come after 7am,nobody buys crispy cremes at 6am anyway,come on your clutching at straws
Yes they would inform him because he is delivering at around 2 am. Why wouldnt Tesco inform them that the nights were going soon. And their wont be anyone to let him in until 6am. At the end if the day the store is far less busy 3 times less delivery and has become very quiet as soon as it became an express store.The store use to make 3 million on sales a month now it makes less than 900k a month in sales. Plus since it is extremely expensive rent I dont see Tesco keeping nights at this express store.

WAGs

Quote from: Bobmay on 29-09-23, 11:28AM
Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 28-09-23, 05:22PM@bobmay do you really think tesco are bothered about a crispy creme delivery time?im in a night store and ours come after 7am,nobody buys crispy cremes at 6am anyway,come on your clutching at straws
Yes they would inform him because he is delivering at around 2 am. Why wouldnt Tesco inform them that the nights were going soon. And their wont be anyone to let him in until 6am. At the end if the day the store is far less busy 3 times less delivery and has become very quiet as soon as it became an express store.The store use to make 3 million on sales a month now it makes less than 900k a month in sales. Plus since it is extremely expensive rent I dont see Tesco keeping nights at this express store.
Seriously, Bob you need to give it a rest! They deliver to Extras who have night fill in the mornings!  You will have to wait until you hear something the same as all the other Colleagues that there jobs are disappearing or changing, Wages, Admin, etc.  As I said you have decided your job is going so give it a rest as nobody knows on here but, just a heads up Xmas Temps Inc Nights have gone on and the Company steer is 50% of Temps to kept on Perm positions!

1982dave

Yes they would inform him because he is delivering at around 2 am. Why wouldnt Tesco inform them that the nights were going soon. And there wont be anyone to let him in until 6am. At the end if the day the store is far less busy 3 times less delivery and has become very quiet as soon as it became an express store.The store use to make 3 million on sales a month now it makes less than 900k a month in sales. Plus since it is extremely expensive rent I dont see Tesco keeping nights at this express store.......... But that is just you're opinion how do you know how expensive the rent is I've been made redundant once from this company and yes I'm back but doing diff stuff I can tell you know literally my store being a prime example depts what have been cut ie deli chicken counters and others across the store even tho esp chicken counter and deli there dept was removed not one single person was offered or got redundancy they have since 2019 cut right back on it  and say 15-20 staff here on deli counter chicken counter they were all found jobs in the company .. its allways he said she said when I got made redundant we were all called into warehouse by store manager and told structure change is incoming and yes Bombay I was in a metro now is a express ... untill you're manager does the same nothing is happening

1982dave

I'm sorry but like I said in my reply I've gone from a metro now a express been made redundant Bombay unless you're manager pulls all the night staff into the warehouse or wherever nothing is happening so just get on w
Quote from: WAGs on 29-09-23, 12:27PM
Seriously, Bob you need to give it a rest! They deliver to Extras who have night fill in the mornings!  You will have to wait until you hear something the same as all the other Colleagues that there jobs are disappearing or changing, Wages, Admin, etc.  As I said you have decided your job is going so give it a rest as nobody knows on here but, just a heads up Xmas Temps Inc Nights have gone on and the Company steer is 50% of Temps to kept on Perm positions!
agreed my store 95% of the positions are nights aswell

Sherwoodforest

@bobmay bigwigs make the decision to remove nights,their list of priorities is inform area manager,store manager,pp,union then night team,crispy creme is not the top of any list,

penguin

Bobmay I cant work out if your desperate for redundancy or scared stiff about it but as others have said your clutching at straws, several of the old Metro stores that became Express still have night shifts, if the company does decide to get rid of night fill in those shops, then a bloke delivering crispy creme with the greatest of respect to said person is not going to be informed before senior management, the union, the media and of course the staff themselves.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

grim up north

In defence of Bobmay, has any thought perhaps the T* area manager works nights delivering crispy creme donuts for a bit of extra pocket money..?

Bobmay

Quote from: WAGs on 29-09-23, 12:27PM
Wages admin if their contract is under colleague contract will simply change departments tesco a few years ago changed the contracts so they wont be giving redundancy out unless you work nights phone shop manager etc.

Bobmay

Quote from: penguin on 29-09-23, 04:44PM
Bobmay I cant work out if your desperate for redundancy or scared stiff about it but as others have said your clutching at straws, several of the old Metro stores that became Express still have night shifts, if the company does decide to get rid of night fill in those shops, then a bloke delivering crispy creme with the greatest of respect to said person is not going to be informed before senior management, the union, the media and of course the staff themselves.
No I am not scared of redundancy I want it.It is the only reason why I still at tesco.Ad for metro stores that still have them the best majority 99% have removed them only a few remain. As for informing senior management if Tesco did inform them they wouldnt want to inform colleagues until it happens.If they did inform them early many of them would play around and not turn up for shift and simply call in sick.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk