News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-04-24, 08:37PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,430
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 610
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Transfer.

Started by viperex, 29-03-24, 11:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viperex

Im planing on moving quite far away so would be impossible for me to travel to my workplace. How would a transfer work as I don't want to lose my hours which I'm on 32hrs. And on Tesco nothing like that comes up...

londoner83

You need to go on OurTesco and look at any internal vacancies or failing that Tesco.com/careers for anything advertised in the area you are moving to. Some areas of the country (ie London) you will find lots of choices in others there will be very few or none.

The other issue you will find is very few roles every come up with that amount of hours. Most roles are advertised at 16hrs a week whilst requiring 24hrs availability.

You then need to decide whether you can survive on 16hrs a week and hope OT bumps it up - however OT is not guaranteed 52 weeks a year and some months you could be just earning 16hrs a week.

Finally if the move is still within your group geographically it may be worth speaking to your store manager to see if they can ask about especially if they rate you as a worker and your conduct and attendance is good.

Good luck.

oldfashionedplayer

to add on with londerers there is a way to increase the hours though but it requires you to work atleast 6 months of overtime of those shifts that you pick up, so if you are working 16 hours a week and then pick up another 16 hours on like Thursday and friday and its mostly continuous when the (store has the hours), or similar hours, then you can apply to make it permanent, the store overall just needs hours to be Amber or green on hours for it to not be declined, doesn't matter about your department being red, its the store overall. if the store is red on hours then its a case of waiting for another opportunity.. but likely case would be the store would have the hours.

look on colleague help for the Guide to the tesco/CFC hourly paid contract - comes under: Consolidating overtime into contractual hours, & the Extra Hours Market

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk