Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 02:24PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,427
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 524
Total: 527

Management Restructure?

Started by Tsportyhead, 13-09-16, 09:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notsofunny

We asked and we got told that it was for S/Ms only,

Our group has a few S/Ms on holiday,

Another Group got Messege  on Whats up saying only S/Ms,

DewsterDog36

Quote from: notsofunny on 08-03-17, 11:59PM
Quote from: Spartacus77 on 08-03-17, 10:21PM
It doesn't say who the email is for so as a deputy do i log on in SM absence  :o

And how many DM's will log on in silence and listen in  8-)o
don't do that the email we got said Only s/m s  .as it is you will find out within half hour what it was about

My SM not in so will be long half hour lol... Do I, don't I ? Lol ... I'm actually scared to incase I hear the redundancy offer has been removed and I have to stay  :D

claden

What would be important enough that it needs to be communicated the same day and more importantly what is this word communicated not something we'recommend familiar with in our store that's for sure.

notsofunny

Quote from: Spartacus77 on 09-03-17, 06:16AM
Quote from: notsofunny on 08-03-17, 11:59PM
Quote from: Spartacus77 on 08-03-17, 10:21PM
It doesn't say who the email is for so as a deputy do i log on in SM absence  :o

And how many DM's will log on in silence and listen in  8-)o
don't do that the email we got said Only s/m s  .as it is you will find out within half hour what it was about

My SM not in so will be long half hour lol... Do I, don't I ? Lol ... I'm actually scared to incase I hear the redundancy offer has been removed and I have to stay  :D
that's my worry as well as them extending th e 60 days.. no like someone said it's even the large stores that will be on the call.so it's got to be something else.
Takeover or someone getting the sack..well 1 hire to go lol

Hammer10

Perhaps drastic is leaving 😄😄😄😄

londoner83

Is it significant it's being held before stock market opens?

redders

Got to be the fraud office investigation

londoner83

Anyone know what it was about yet?

Arizonarugby

No but the Distribution Centre Managers were asked on to a conference call at 08:30 by Tony Hoggett , so must be a relatively big announcement

the postman

londoner83

Someone posted on good things at Tesco thread 100,000 staff may have been underpaid including leavers. No more details.....

the postman

Hope I'm one of them lol

Cheekymonkey007

That would not warrant a company conference call would it??
If it is that then someone's really messed up ...
?
Cheeky monkey

Mrbungle

Tesco has underpaid up to 100,000 staff. Payments will be made to all affected staff. Payments likely to be betweeen £27-£40. An update will be released to the press shortly. Tesco wanted to make it clear that this was discovered by themselves and not by any outsider or external auditor as previous companies like Argos have been exposed in the past.

londoner83

Anyone know why they were underpaid? Or how the figure is calculated?

blutopia

In my experience, £27-£40 inaccuracies in my pay are a regular occurrence!

Mrbungle

They have looked at the payroll going back 6 years. A full brief will be emailed to SM's today and briefed to all staff.

londoner83

So they looked back 6 years and found people underpaid £27.....or roughly just over £4 a year?

blutopia

Official statement: "At the end of last year as we began implementing a new payroll system we discovered an issue with the way some of our colleague benefit schemes have been processed – specifically our 'salary sacrifice' benefits, including SMART pension contributions, childcare vouchers and cycle to work. This resulted in their pay after salary sacrifice not reaching required National Living Wage levels for some colleagues".

Welshie

Lol a little bit annoyed with myself that I stayed up after nightshift just to see what this was about .very disappointed now , but will I get briefed about it tonight ????8

Arizonarugby

Actually, this shows how little Tesco pay their staff, it only effects people who (after salary sacrifice) fall below the national minimum wage.. so 40000 former employees and (up to) a third of existing colleagues earn less than £7.20 an hour

terrybigballs

140,000 staff x £40 =£560,000 , So some people will get more if 10 million pound is the underpayment figure. As it's people on below the living wage how many people are going to owe tax credits back and have redundancy figures been miscalculated?

keokrusader

Think you've missed a zero off that. More like 5.6 million as a conservative estimate.

terrybigballs

keokrusader

Not very clear the way they have worded the statement. 1 third of current employee's is about 158000 people by my reckoning. Plus 40k former employees.. ..takes the figure closer to 8 million quid!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk