News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:31AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 291
Total: 293

Lightfoot

Started by johnboy245, 17-03-20, 11:29PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterT

I quite enjoy being spoken down to by lightfoot. My 25 years experience of driving Is worthless. I feel that I am worthless too. Could you class this as modern bullying. Usually I go home and kick my dog after my shift with light foot.

NightAndDay

It would be bullying if they were proper managers, they're only pseudo-managers in a Mickey Mouse company that pays them below market rates for the position. Retail managers in general aren't really managers, they generally lack the education, but Tesco is as bad as it gets.

Dougall

Why is large format so bloated in terms of hierarchy? A flat structure like it is in convenience would surely help with some of these issues?

[admin]Topic is Lightfoot, a driving 'aid' ( :D ) in dot com vans.[/admin]

CosmicSpacehead

Hey, been trying to figure out how to start a new thread, and finally realised I needed to pay for it. 😆

Anyhoo, it's a Lightfoot question, so I'll just post here.

A few drivers in our store are somehow scoring 100%, reliably, every week.
How is this possible?
Has someone figured out a trick to fool it?

fscer

Drive like a Sunday driver.

gomezz

I suspect all those 99/100 percenters are the Click & Clock drivers who trundle the picks over from dot.com across the car park to the pod.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

gaz123

I thought it wasn't possible to score 100% on Lightfoot? 99% is the maximum? Even to score a solid 99% across a week, you'd have to be driving dangerously - pulling out of slip roads and onto roundabouts at barely more than walking pace and accelerating dangerously slowly. To anyone who knows how the system works and how bad it is, scoring 99% across a week doesn't show that you're a good driver - it shows that your focus is on driving 'in the green' at all times at the expense of the road/traffic conditions around you - dangerous.

gomezz

I have noticed that any journey that takes me on an NSL dual-carriageway running parallel to the village it is bypassing always gets marked down.  But only on the carriageway nearest the village.  Which suggests its GPS is out of whack.

lukedotcom

I've just started as a CDD about a month now but I just think its very dangerous keeping a constant eye on the lightfoot lights and the speed limits and other road users and following directions as I'm not familiar with the area.  It's just one thing to many if you ask me. >:(

gomezz

Many drivers just cover it up.

lukedotcom

[admin]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/admin]
I need to check with the other drivers as to how much notice they take of it...I don’t want to be called in for a chat!

gomezz

If you download their app or go to their website you can keep an eye on your overall score and whereabouts you are in the company league tables.

lukedotcom

currently waiting for lightfoot to send me an activation code....perhaps I'm driving like Miss Daisy and I don't have to worry!  ;D

CosmicSpacehead

Quote from: gaz123 on 26-10-20, 11:26AM
I thought it wasn't possible to score 100% on Lightfoot? 99% is the maximum? Even to score a solid 99% across a week, you'd have to be driving dangerously - pulling out of slip roads and onto roundabouts at barely more than walking pace and accelerating dangerously slowly. To anyone who knows how the system works and how bad it is, scoring 99% across a week doesn't show that you're a good driver - it shows that your focus is on driving 'in the green' at all times at the expense of the road/traffic conditions around you - dangerous.

Quote from: gomezz on 25-10-20, 09:06AM
I suspect all those 99/100 percenters are the Click & Clock drivers who trundle the picks over from dot.com across the car park to the pod.

We've got 5 drivers above 99%, and 2 at 100%. None of them are C&C. 

No idea how they're doing it. 🤷‍â™,️

I mostly aim for 80+%, to avoid being told off. Lol

Although I got a penalty the other day for doing a wheel spin in reverse, when I was stuck in some mud. Doing a brisk 0mph. 😆

gomezz

I scored a bit higher last week over the week before.  The difference was that last week I was not driving one particular van at all compared to driving it a lot before.

gaz123

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]
Lightfoot have admitted that the system needs calibrating to a vehicle when it's installed, and that this isn't done with Tesco vans. Renders the whole thing meaningless.

MrAmbient

Out of interest, is this published somewhere (LF requiring calibration)? I've found the lightfoots in the older Iveco vans at our store behave much more as you would expect them to, in comparison to the newer mercs, so have often wondered about this!

gaz123

One of the many reviews on Trustpilot which gives them an absolute slating mentioned calibration of the units after installation - they said in their reply that this should be done. The discrepancies between units in supposedly identical vehicles in a store makes it clear that it hasn't been.

BMW-E90

Infuriating little machine. Anything beyond moderate acceleration will trigger the thing off! It doesn't take into regard the realities of driving in a big city. Secondly, these vans are not designed to crawl around at 20mph which is most of the roads in London now!

gomezz

Last week I spent one day allowing the new Merc vans cruise control system to handle travelling along NSL A roads.  Lightfoot scored those journeys 10 / 15% lower than what I manage without really trying.   

Late_to_the_party

It's quite easy to achieve 99%... At least it is in our vans. (Maybe because they're green :D)
I used to get 70-80% at first until I sussed it out but you have to use the paddle shift gears/ tiptronic.
Leaving it in fully auto you have no control over when the van changes gear.
It's pretty stupid really considering its been installed to save fuel but when I drop down to a lower gear going up a hill at 4000 revs it's on 2 green lights and when I the van shifts automatically to a higher gear I get an amber at 2k revs.
Other than that you have to drive like a granny and plan ahead so that you cut your complete stops to a minimum.

Nomad

http://www.transportengineer.org.uk/transport-engineer-news/tesco-delivery-fleet-saves-fuel-with-help-from-lightfoot/236762/

QuoteThis technology has taken Tesco Grocery Home Shopping's driver efficiency and safety programme, which includes in-vehicle cameras and driver trainers, to the next level.

Meanwhile on planet earth.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

horatiocain

So the GPS chip used by light is, exactly the same one used by the older MU3 microlise units, which have a 16 meter accuracy rating with full sat coverage, falling to 25 meter accuracy with moderate sat coverage, and declining all the way to 40 meters with poor sat coverage.

They're nowhere near as accurate as is claimed, and Tesco know it from being challenged over them at tribunal, unfortunately Tesco settled the claim but be sure they know it.

The accelerator sensor is bunk  a driver in Erith CFC had a red light when covering the brake pedal rolling down a hill  another had a red light while slowly decelerating coming down a steep hill, both drivers were not accelerating at all.
They're a useless distraction which don't do what is claimed they do  They're another waste of money for tesco to justify.

Their also only useful is regularly calibrated and updated, which they aren't.
My old CFC has had 7 drivers disciplined for speeding when the maps are wrong, its a joke.

Jamma213

Sorry to pull up the thread again but it's to do with lightfoot.

One of our vans in store got into a accident with a decent amount of damage to the front end but it came back repaired. When I got in it for a evening shift everything was fine I then came back into work the following afternoon and got pulled into the office for apparently speeding doing 27mph in a 20mph zone and the road I have apparently been speeding on by lightfoot is a 30mph limit apart so I'll be declining any disciplinary proceedings as there wasn't any road signs saying the speed limit had changed. So as Horatiocain has said the GPS chip is not as accurate as is claimed and is a joke of a system.

horatiocain

It also relies on canbus system just like the microfine MC2 unit,which means if they don't update the map then it will pull for speeding.
We had drivers being called for speeding daily for weeks when a speed limit was raised to 50 and they refused to accept it  just kept printing out Google Street View pictures from2 years prior I actually took a van out and recorded the road to prove them wrong.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk