News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 04:21PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 318
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 307
Total: 311

Re: Tosco Shares - Buy or Sell?

Started by Fair play, 18-10-19, 03:48PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katarn2000

I sold my shares before the consolidation and increasingly confident it was a good idea.

lordadmiral

Would be better if we had 10% yearly bonus and rest of money topping up June's dividend.

Ravvers

26th February , thanks for that info , I always have dividends in shares , I've been building them up for a boost to my retirement nest egg but plan on seeing a financial advisor as I have investments all over the place plus now i'm over 55 I've got to start thinking about my Tesco pensions that I built up from when I was 20 . I've stubbornly held on to Tesco shares for all these years but in hindsight it's probably been a very bad investment , still I saved so I'm not complaining .

blackberry

Quote from: Ravvers on 18-02-21, 10:43AM
26th February , thanks for that info , I always have dividends in shares , I've been building them up for a boost to my retirement nest egg but plan on seeing a financial advisor as I have investments all over the place plus now i'm over 55 I've got to start thinking about my Tesco pensions that I built up from when I was 20 . I've stubbornly held on to Tesco shares for all these years but in hindsight it's probably been a very bad investment , still I saved so I'm not complaining .

If you have dividends reinvested as shares I think you’ll be given new shares instead of money. New share certificates should be coming out to everyone after 26th I believe.

Best wishes

NightAndDay

Seems they've already consolidated the shares before making the payment.

Wilted20

The dividend award date (12/02/21) was prior to the share consolidation date (15/02/21).

It just happens that the dividend payment date (26/02/21) falls after the share consolidation date.

Scruff

Does anyone know if i will be receiving a statement saying how many shares i have lost due to consolidation? because i can't remember how much i had prior to consolidation

Also share price taking a tumbling too, not good for shareholders, will it bounce after the dividend?

dotnochance

why the f*** has the share price tanked

Ravvers

Sure has been a nightmare being a Tesco shareholder lately ,i'm currently over 10 grand down - damn good job I didn't need money urgently. For the life of me I can't see how this was good for Tesco shareholders.  I really had no idea there was such a big delay between the consolidation & the special share dividend date . Seems to have been very poorly managed because I've had very little info from Tesco or equniti . For the life of me I can't see how this was good for Tesco Shareholders ? Back in December 2020 I read the headline on my shares app '' Tesco investors set for £5 billion payout as Asia sale clears hurdles '' . I was so excited after reading that , I thought I was in for a really big windfall because that was how it came across , instead i'm currently over £10 k down  >:(

BUY TESLA STOCK

People should stop investing in companies just because they work for them and can get stocks at a slight discount. Get yourself an app like m1finance or etoro and invest in solid companies like Berkshire Hathaway.

Rad

Tony H etc apologised on a call a few weeks ago as they realised that they could have been clearer with comms throughout the year.

Its a great deal for the company as they make a huge payment to the pension fund.  I guess the the hope is that as the business is in great shape that the share price will recover. 

Tesco are not allowed to give financial advice so their hands were tied a little.  But they could have sent the email out that panicked everyone a lot earlier.  Tesco never ever said that it was a windfall or bonus for shareholders.  The media did. 

The expectation was that any shareholders would be financially even once the share price recovered after consolidation but there would be a tax implication for larger shareholders.

But everyone had the chance to sell after receiving the email and before the dividend/consolidation. 

One can only hope now that the share price will recover enough to cover the tax.

As soon as I learned of the tax implications I sold off most of my shares. 

lordadmiral

Quote from: dotnochance on 24-02-21, 12:57AM
why the f*** has the share price tanked
Latest drop is caused by the fact that Tesco double charged customers. That means money must be returned (lower profit). All was in papers.
Second drop was caused by sell off. Some people decided to cash shares the same day consolidation happened. This way they benefited from slightly higher price and they still get dividend.

Interstellar

Today I have received over £400 into my bank account ref. Tesco shares. Any ideas what this is as I'm having the dividend paid to me in shares. It is nowhere near how much I should get anyway.

Rad

Have you just recently changed your method of dividend payment? As you need to do it a couple of months before the dividend award date.

Interstellar

No. I've always had it in shares. My shares now total 2184 so the figure makes no sense.

Minnie Mouse

You might have some free shares in your account, I got 3 different dividend payments into my bank account as had shares in certificate form, shares in tesco share account and some free shares that we used to get yearly before we got paid a cash bonus

brucie

anybody any idea how you inform tax man about dividend tax payable if you don't do self assessment? thanks.

lordadmiral

Register for self assessment.

Donk180

I hear people have been receiving the dividend today. Why haven’t I recieved mine yet?

Donk180

I looked in my account today and still no dividend payment. I have 3,100 shares so was expecting a good dividend payment. Have I missed something? Am I supposed to do something before like notify them I’d like it payed into my account? Am I going to get screwed out of the dividend? If someone could point me in the right direction I’d really appreciate it. Asked in my store and knowone has any idea

Minnie Mouse

Brucie you will receive a statement for your dividend for the year and it tells you on it to keep the letter as HMRC may ask to see it for your tax return

Minnie Mouse

Donk180 have you checked that your dividend payment is in cash and not shares as I think it automatically will issue shares unless you change it to cash dividend, you should check your share account and it will tell you if shares or cash payment for dividend hope this helps

Donk180

Thanks for the reply, I have been playing about with the website and I have 3 forms of shares shares incentive plan, save as you earn and Tesco shares account. I have no shares incentive plan shares. I obviously can’t get a dividend on my save as you earn because I haven’t sold them but I sold one of my save as you earns on the 1/2/21 and it transferred it to the Tesco shares account which is the one I was expecting to get my dividend on. It says “current dividend election:none” but also says “online dividend elections changes are not available for this holding”

Totally at a loss, did I sell the save as your earn correctly to be entitled to the dividend?

Minnie Mouse

Donk180 Your saye did you take the shares and put in tesco account, if showing the shares are sitting in the tesco account then you will get the dividend and your shares will be consolidated down 15 shares for every 19 shares you own but if you still have the same amount of shares that you cashed in the tesco account you will not be getting the dividend as that is what it’s for losing the share that you had so you need to check if your shares have went down, hope you can understand what I mean

grim up north

I thought people on here said the share price would go up due to the consolidation?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk