News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:35PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,122
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Re: Tosco Shares - Buy or Sell?

Started by Fair play, 18-10-19, 03:48PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightAndDay

Shirl5508

Quote from: Bigbadbob on 31-01-21, 11:37AM
This  "Special Dividend" payment is misleading to persons not very savy around shares. The special dividend is 21% of a share price based on £2.42. But your share holding is then reduced by 21%. So Tesco are buying 21% of your shares of you at £2.42, even though that price may not suite you. As mentioned before on this forum you can have your special dividend reinvested to rebuy shares back, but i think I read on the information supplied by Tesco that these shares would become tied in for a certain period of time. So in reality for most people, Tesco are buying 21% of your shares of you for £2.42

If this is true and it looks like it , we arnt  being given a dividend at all, just being conned out of our shares,  STOP THE STEAL springs to mind and vote against the consolidation.

notsofunny

So what do you say they do with the £5 billion sitting in the bank ?

notsofunny

Quote from: NightAndDay on 03-02-21, 11:16AM
Not directly, I hold a government position with the NAO where I come up with accounting rules and frameworks and ensure that all retailers comply with strict accounting and auditing standards in their reporting, making sure that from a financial and accounting standpoint, all are acting legally and ethically. Auditors such as Deloitte and PWC have to report to the NAO.

So you dont work for tesco at all , I was wondering what you did if your tax rate was so high ,  And  wondering even more since I did not think the Gov paid Many people over £150 k ,, if I am not mistaken your one in about 500 ,,,,,,,,,,, interesting ,,

Lee2021

With regard to the save as you earn starting in march 2021, I had to opt out I sent my cancellation on the 12th December 2020 but it's still come out of my wage this month. anybody know if this is normal process? Thank you.

alf

Quote from: notsofunny on 04-02-21, 12:47AM
So you dont work for tesco at all , I was wondering what you did if your tax rate was so high ,  And  wondering even more since I did not think the Gov paid Many people over £150 k ,, if I am not mistaken your one in about 500 ,,,,,,,,,,, interesting ,,

A bit less than 1 in 500.

Senior staff remuneration: updated Sept 2020      
Data source: NAO Annual Report and Accounts 2019-20      

Name   Grade   Salary (2019-2020)
Gareth Davies (paid from the Consolidated Fund)   Comptroller and Auditor General   Â£180k to £185k 1
Abdool Kara   Executive Director   Â£165k to £170k
Kate Mathers   Executive Director   Â£135k to £140k
Rebecca Sheeran   Executive Director   Â£115k to £120k 2
Daniel Lambauer   Executive Director   Â£135k to £140k
Max Tse   Executive Director   Â£135k to £140k
Elaine Lewis   Executive Director   Â£60k to £65k 3

crabbit

I dont think its acceptable to try and identify fellow members in public forum.
Please remove..
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

gomezz

Quote from: crabbit on 05-02-21, 07:53AM
I dont think its acceptable to try and identify fellow members in public forum.
Please remove..
[gmod=gomezz]As remunerations of directors of a public limited company this is information that is openly available in the public domain[/gmod]
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

notsofunny

Quote from: alf on 05-02-21, 01:46AM
Quote from: notsofunny on 04-02-21, 12:47AM

A bit less than 1 in 500.

Senior staff remuneration: updated Sept 2020      
Data source: NAO Annual Report and Accounts 2019-20      

Name   Grade   Salary (2019-2020)
Gareth Davies (paid from the Consolidated Fund)   Comptroller and Auditor General   Â£180k to £185k 1
Abdool Kara   Executive Director   Â£165k to £170k
Kate Mathers   Executive Director   Â£135k to £140k
Rebecca Sheeran   Executive Director   Â£115k to £120k 2
Daniel Lambauer   Executive Director   Â£135k to £140k
Max Tse   Executive Director   Â£135k to £140k
Elaine Lewis   Executive Director   Â£60k to £65k 3

Thanks but we was talking about Gov UK pay rates as to  the 500 ,

alf

Of course, I was merely pointing out that if a person earns above 150k and works for the NAO, they are either Gareth Davies or Abdoul kara, which as mentioned is a tad closer than being 1 in 500

Suffice to say without beating around the Bush, ol' nighty day is telling fibs.

notsofunny

alf

To be fair, if he spent more than 5 minutes googling what the NAO actually is and what they do, he could probably have came up with a convincing delusion.

That and of course making a semi-realisitic declaration of his "income", but egos going to ego.

Voulezvous

Quote from: Lee2021 on 04-02-21, 02:18AM
With regard to the save as you earn starting in march 2021, I had to opt out I sent my cancellation on the 12th December 2020 but it's still come out of my wage this month. anybody know if this is normal process? Thank you.
Im the ssme...changed my mind and cancelled in December but still came out of my wages last week.

Olivia Pope

Hello, some points to consider around your shares depending on how many you hold, do you do both buy as you earn and save as you earn. Have you set up an Isa through the share funding scheme? By setting up the Isa you can hold shares / receive dividends in cash up to a threshold and not pay tax. If you go over your threshold then you will pay tax, dividends allowance non tax limit - I think is around £2,000. For some people they have saved and kept shares by having the 51p dividend they will loose out by paying tax on it, if you sell prior you may need to pay capital gains tax however your allowance is higher. The divided 51p is not at all how it was sold to us they did tell us once we sell all share holders will benefit- they just missed out about dividing the share stock and reducing. Why am I surprised I shouldn’t be!

Millie

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]
Some very good information thank you.  Do you know how to open up the ISA ?

lordadmiral

Income tax on dividend is 7.5% for basic rate then goes to 32.5%. Shame it's only 2k is non taxable.

Wilted20

Quote from: Voulezvous on 10-02-21, 08:03AM
Quote from: Lee2021 on 04-02-21, 02:18AM
Im the ssme...changed my mind and cancelled in December but still came out of my wages last week.

Same here - I cancelled back in November, and when I phoned Equiniti to enquire, I was told that Tesco will be holding the money until 1st March (the scheme start date). As soon as Equiniti receives the funds, they said that they’ll pass them on to me.

Interstellar

Do you. get the dividend on the original number of shares. If you get it on. the reduced number you're losing a considerable amount of money.

Interstellar

Sorry I was wrong on the last point. I worked on the wrong share amount.

Ravvers

Having been made redundant from Tesco in September 2019 I well out the loop on what is happening with the shares - I've had to keep logging on here to see what I can find out plus google ! As it stands at the moment when I log in to my share account with Equiniti I can see  my share holding was slashed & I'm currently over £8,000 down since they reduced our shares - which when you don't know what is happening is more than stressfull ! I'm guessing   we get the special dividend end of February ? Also guessing my £8,000 will then come back - I hope !!!

Wilted20

Quote from: Interstellar on 17-02-21, 05:47PM
Do you. get the dividend on the original number of shares. If you get it on. the reduced number you're losing a considerable amount of money.

That is correct

Wilted20

Quote from: Ravvers on 17-02-21, 08:21PM
Having been made redundant from Tesco in September 2019 I well out the loop on what is happening with the shares - I've had to keep logging on here to see what I can find out plus google ! As it stands at the moment when I log in to my share account with Equiniti I can see  my share holding was slashed & I'm currently over £8,000 down since they reduced our shares - which when you don't know what is happening is more than stressfull ! I'm guessing   we get the special dividend end of February ? Also guessing my £8,000 will then come back - I hope !!!

Sorry to hear that you got made redundant.

Your special dividend will roughly equate to the loss of value since the share consolidation - just remember to declare the dividends, as you only get £2000/yr tax free.

Ravvers

Fair play

Same for me mate just , thanks for the heads up I’ve just checked and I’ve lost just over 9 grand 😡

blackberry

Dividend is payable on 26th February. If you already have dividend payments go direct into your bank account it will be the same on this occasion, otherwise you’ll receive a cheque soon after (that is unless you had dividends reinvested into shares which would happen again this time, but from the monetary value that has gone I would say this isn’t the case for you)

you should be getting about 50p for every one of the OLD number of shares you had so hopefully will recoup most, if not all, of the monetary value that’s disappeared

Best wishes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk