News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

30-04-24, 10:12PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,435
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 299
Total: 301

Managers pay review meeting 2017

Started by Woody44, 28-06-17, 07:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JL

Tesco management don't know how to deal with issues so they give you the what for   

optout

@Me2015

unfortunately the 'all talk' culture is rife within tesdaw, it is not just a management problem either.

the usual way these things go is

Person A; I am very angry with this issue and if only somebody would stand with me I would do something about it.

Person B (after hearing Person A's out-burst) stands up to the issue in the expectation that Person A will follow.

Person A does not follow through with their stance

Person B left out in the cold and isolated is now bulk meal-feed for Person C; (those gutless managers and Ga's trying to engratiate themselves with their supperiors in the hope that they will be left alone).

Person A is now nowhere to be seen (at best) or usually absolutely denounces Person B's actions to anybody who will listen especially Person C.

Person C later realizes that they are not immune to the issues at hand and cry's out for help from person B who seems to know the ropes and has 'experience' in 'this sort of thing'. Person B still bloodied from the encounter responds in a manner that to this day remains un-certified by the British or foreign film industries.

yep.......I've lived that dream a few times in tesco......and I am sure that one day I will fall for it again :thumbup:
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Me2015

Thanks; I'm not going to back down, my teeth are bitten and I'm not letting go!!

Plus, no thanks to Useless 7, I won't have to pay anymore to take it to an ET!!

Will update as and when!

Quote from: Welshie on 25-07-17, 11:06AM
Good luck Me2015 , I think many people fear putting a grievance in , in case of repercussions!

Me2015

Stage 1 meeting complete, just as I expected, no further action being taken so off to Stage 2 I go!

Has anyone else gone through with the grievance and if so, what was the feedback/outcome?

trolleyboy96

My letter was ripped up in front of me, was told to get out the effing office, called protector line awaiting fall out....

JL

I complained once against my LM and all that happened is I never got any holidays I wanted from that day on.  ;D

lucgeo

Optout  :D :D ;D

I am a habitual person b  :(

I just never learn  :o
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Equalizer87

Quote from: trolleyboy96 on 04-08-17, 05:56PM
My letter was ripped up in front of me, was told to get out the effing office, called protector line awaiting fall out....

My response would have been walked out the office, got my coat, told duty manager or any other management I was leaving the store due to threatening and intimidating behaviour,  clocked out, go home.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Duracell

Quote from: optout on 25-07-17, 10:09PM
@Me2015

unfortunately the 'all talk' culture is rife within tesdaw, it is not just a management problem either.

the usual way these things go is

Person A; I am very angry with this issue and if only somebody would stand with me I would do something about it. If it is referenced anywhere else it can never be alone.

Person B (after hearing Person A's out-burst) stands up to the issue in the expectation that Person A will follow.

Person A does not follow through with their stance

Person B left out in the cold and isolated is now bulk meal-feed for Person C; (those gutless managers and Ga's trying to engratiate themselves with their supperiors in the hope that they will be left alone).

Person A is now nowhere to be seen (at best) or usually absolutely denounces Person B's actions to anybody who will listen especially Person C.

Person C later realizes that they are not immune to the issues at hand and cry's out for help from person B who seems to know the ropes and has 'experience' in 'this sort of thing'. Person B still bloodied from the encounter responds in a manner that to this day remains un-certified by the British or foreign film industries.

yep.......I've lived that dream a few times in tesco......and I am sure that one day I will fall for it again :thumbup:
Quote from: lucgeo on 04-08-17, 07:31PM
Optout  :D :D ;D

I am a habitual person b  :(

I just never learn  :o
Think numbers and act accordingly.
I find it better to be 0 rather than A,B or C,.

Zero is nothing but it is the foundation only of all that follow it.
Be 0 you either amount to nothing or you are alongside something!
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Me2015

I know everyone I have spoken to about this has given it big licks in sayings they are definitely going to put a grievance in, yet I'm the only manager in my store, out of at least 7 affected, that had followed through on this!

Certainly on here, when I posed the question, there was very little response despite the overwhelmingly negative comments about the pay review, or the lack of it, and bravado I saw about how everyone needs to stand up and let feeling be known!

I'm a one man band by the sounds of it, apologies if you have put in grievance but decided for whatever reason not to comment.

The story continues......

Duracell

The company is full of Doers and Sayers. You should view online rants, claims and perceptions of fact as nothing more than hearsay until you can rationally show it to be correct.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

londoner83

And that's why the country is like it is and unions have no power......

Me2015

I'm seeing this more and more since DL and MD took over, lots of unhappy people with a story to tell, some actually get on with doing what they are going to do, others just full of c**p and talk heresay, which, guess is the power of social media, be it Facebook, Twitter or VLH; all talk no action!

I'm old school, was there in the good times, did what I had to do but always kept my morale compass in line with my upbringing and my personal values, i.e. Respect those who respect you, both ways I might add!

Always kept that simple line going throughout my time in Tesco, I will do what's needs to get done but if I don't agree with it, I will speak up; be in changed to hours, role, routines, I'm too long in the tooth and too stubborn to just accept something I clearly know may be wrong, stupid or both!

Brings me to this, I will not put this to bed till I get the result I want, no way!  I accept nobody knows who I am on here, however I will state, categorically that I will not just roll over and accept the bullS from mr moneybags above and god grand plans of a new tesco!

I will fight to the end, I have the evidence, actual written evidence; that is being dismissed at the moment, that will see me through!

So please don't say you are going to say something if up are not willing to take the risk, have some personal respect!

👍👍

Quote from: Duracell on 06-08-17, 07:34PM
The company is full of Doers and Sayers. You should view online rants, claims and perceptions of fact as nothing more than hearsay until you can rationally show it to be correct.

JL

bootsdaroff

Iam going to put the cat among the pigeons here. Who cares about the managers pay. Not one gave a kipling's diddy when the night premiums were slashed or the Sunday's double time went they just shrugged their shoulders and told their workers just to get on with it. Now when it's their turn the dummy gets thrown out the pram. Newsflash in every store you are lucky if there is 3 decent managers the rest are clowns with a bit of power. Any time VLH was mentioned they would say don't listen to that its all rumours. Now that the boots on the other foot they are on here looking for advice. I will give the managers some advice good luck finding a job in the real world because getting the money you did for the work most of you did, well we all know the answer to that  >:(

JL

BrownEyedGirl

OvaSees

bootsdaroff  :thumbup: It was the same with some PMs, no empathy for those they made redundant until it was their turn for the chop - until then it all just a process.

Me2015 - the problem is that the few decent managers will be keeping thier heads down in the vain hope that they are not next for the axe - rocking the boat may make them a target given the history of this in Tesco's culture and the current changes. The majority of managers however worship at the altar of Drastic and are thus delusioned enough to think that this will make them safe - the majority of those who have gone will have said Tesco was 'a great place to work' on their WMTY, it makes no difference you are just a number, and that number is not your length of service or work level ;)

galictica

I agree fully with bootsdaroff. In fact I don't think VLH should allow managers to start posts on their problems after the way most of them abuse their hard working staff. No idea how you'd control that but it's the way I feel. I've always seen posts on here that had to come from a manager as they were supporting Drastic and his cost cutting tactics.  I couldn't care less about managers wages or contracts and I'm sure the majority feel the same.

Arizonarugby

It's very sad to see the Marie Antoinette attitude is rife in Tesco , perhaps if we adopted a Lech Walesa (solidarity) then we may get somewhere

lucgeo

Here's another cat being thrown in  :o

I have always fought tooth and nail for my colleagues, regardless of their station. If something's wrong, then somethings wrong.

I have always lived the values, because I believe in them. Yes there are s*** managers, but if one of them was being wrongly treated, I would stand up to fight their corner, just as I would, and have, argued with the same managers to fight another's corner.

Are we going to start cleansing VLH to just us? It's a debate forum, every one has a right to a voice, some we like, some not so much, some talk out their arses and others are extremely knowledgeable.

Do we want to turn into manager bashers, for no other reason than their title, so we don't like them,so let's be rid of them  ???

May as well rename the site to the nodding dogs, or even worse the N*** party:o
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Faceandgo

Can we stick to  the topic in the title please guys?

For the benefit of the last few posters..
VLH is open to everyone, we have no way of restricting it to none managers only.

If we did have, we wouldn't

If you want to go to a site where everyone agrees with your exact views, find a dark room, sit in the corner and mumble to yourself, everywhere else there will be some discontent with your views.

Back to something with a hazelnut in every bite!
take two cages onto the shop floor? not me i just faceandgo!(Administrator)

Time is too slow for those who wait
Too swift for those who fear
Too long for those who grieve  Too short for those who rejoice  But for those who love, Time is eternity.   -Henry Van Dyke

bootsdaroff

Arizonarugby and lucgeo when us mere mortals lost our double time and our night shift premiums were slashed the managers were not interested because it did not affect them. Usual rhetoric " the show must go on and we are still being paid by Tesco " There isn't even any solidarity between them. They back stab each other to death it's more like the French Revolution. To even associate the word Solidarity with Tesco managers is laughable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk