Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 04:31PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 318
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 312
Total: 318

THE CONFIDENTIAL PROTECTOR LINE

Started by The Mrs, 21-04-05, 02:02AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightAndDay

Anyone who uses protector line needs to have the mentality of "It's not what you know, it's what you can prove in court". A ca having a meticulous mindset is every managers worst nightmare.

Key points, record, document and get copies of all incriminating pieces of evidence gathered for when you need to take it to the law.

lucgeo

Quote from: Pokeyhat on 28-08-19, 07:39AM
Hi is protector line worth phoning, we have a store manager who is in our shop not much more than 20hrs a week, takes a time in lieu day every week so he only needs to work 4 days, leaves early and arrives late,
Since his arrival at Christmas there have been protector lines about him yet nothing gets done, he is a bully and rules with threats which everyone is now scared to do anything about it after seeing people coming and going with no change 
We even now have a fraudulent culture where you recieve rewards for customer viewpoint comments, free holidays and various other things, I know they struggled to get a manager to come to our shop, but this one is most hated and has allied himself with the bully line manager in store as a bodyguard, our last wmty was also clearly filled in at over 92% after his arrival shortly before, when we had announced we were losing depts and colleagues and morale was an all time low

I'm unsure as to why the amount of hours your manager does is bothering you? If he's as bad as you say, then surely the less time he turns up the better?

When you say "free holidays" do you mean extra time off with pay? If there have been numerous protector calls made, by different people, then you should all put in a signed group grievance, highlighting your reasons for bullying etc...and forward it to the group personnel manager. No manager in your store will then be able to approach or question any of you regarding the grievance.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Malridge

Protector line:
Our canteen was putting multi pack items in the vending machines, which they can, as long as each item has all its legal jargon on it.
It ticked me off one year where they was selling multi pack cans of drink, which was on a summer deal, for almost four times its value, as tasteless as that was, they did have all the relevant information on, however other items didn't, I called protector line reserving the right to go to trading standards!
Hence to say the store was in a flap next day, the manager and I had a great chat about going forwards 😊

Jeff123

Please help me I have been contacting protectorline for 3 months now about managers being allowed short days, at every step of the way I have been pushed to reveal myself which I have declined to do fo fear of retribution, my final communication says that the investigation has concluded they have an answer but refuse to let me know the outcome unless I reveal who I am, I'm shocked and disgusted I can not have the outcome unless I reveal who I am and could possibly face the consequences if I do reveal myself where do I turn to now ?

Welshie

They probably wont tell you anyway , they're not likely to say this manager got a warning etc

Redshoes

You are not entitled to know outcome, just sit back and watch. If resolved that is fine but if not it could be that they are on edge as don't know who has complained. During and investigation the only person able to talk is the person being interviewed. Sometimes they lie about what has been said so people think they have got away with it. I have sat in a meeting as a rep when someone has been given a warning and they have come out and said they have got what they want and no all fine.
Only thing is that by giving your name is they can take your statement and do a more detailed investigation. This may bring up things they may not find out otherwise but if it's about time keeping they can resolve this easily by getting managers to clock.

dotnochance

I used to work in bread and cakes! and in that department we have a return policy on Warburtons items for damaged and short life products, now in my group some stores where putting through hundreds of pounds a week in returns.

My manager/senior manager wanted the same numbers! But it just wasn't possible damages/short code weren't really a problem it got to the point where staff were getting warnings for low returns, I asked how we were supposed to get those numbers? do they want us to damage stock deliberately was told no... but they want those numbers (heavily hinted that's what they wanted) I refused and got a red light on my review,hanged to amber! I then asked for a move to dotcom (in 15 years with company all my reviews are green or strong green) I did ask someone who worked in one of those stores how they got those numbers they just said they just damaged stuff.
Now I did think about reporting it but my word against senior manager who do you think would win that, anyone else had this problem?

NightAndDay

When it comes to fraud, Tesco doesn't do politics, even if it's a favoured senior manager, they will not only get sacked, Tesco will also pursue criminal damage where appropriate.

penguin

Quote from: Jeff123 on 30-08-19, 08:15PM
Please help me I have been contacting protectorline for 3 months now about managers being allowed short days, at every step of the way I have been pushed to reveal myself which I have declined to do fo fear of retribution, my final communication says that the investigation has concluded they have an answer but refuse to let me know the outcome unless I reveal who I am, I'm shocked and disgusted I can not have the outcome unless I reveal who I am and could possibly face the consequences if I do reveal myself where do I turn to now ?

Your not going to know the outcome unless your directly involved, you've passed on your concerns and its now down to the company to see if it needs taking any further.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

lucgeo

Quote from: dotnochance on 18-12-19, 12:37AM
I used to work in bread and cakes! and in that department we have a return policy on Warburtons items for damaged and short life products, now in my group some stores where putting through hundreds of pounds a week in returns.

My manager/senior manager wanted the same numbers! But it just wasn't possible damages/short code weren't really a problem it got to the point where staff were getting warnings for low returns, I asked how we were supposed to get those numbers? do they want us to damage stock deliberately was told no... but they want those numbers (heavily hinted that's what they wanted) I refused and got a red light on my review,hanged to amber! I then asked for a move to dotcom (in 15 years with company all my reviews are green or strong green) I did ask someone who worked in one of those stores how they got those numbers they just said they just damaged stuff.
Now I did think about reporting it but my word against senior manager who do you think would win that, anyone else had this problem?

I'm confused 8-) what would they want to return deliberately damaged stock for, if it's all selling through ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

NightAndDay

Quote from: penguin on 18-12-19, 11:53AM
Quote from: Jeff123 on 30-08-19, 08:15PMPlease help me I have been contacting protector line for 3 months now about managers being allowed short days, at every step of the way I have been pushed to reveal myself which I have declined to do for fear of retribution, my final communication says that the investigation has concluded they have an answer but refuse to let me know the outcome unless I reveal who I am, I’m shocked and disgusted I can not have the outcome unless I reveal who I am and could possibly face the consequences if I do reveal myself where do I turn to now ?
Your not going to know the outcome unless your directly involved, you've passed on your concerns and its now down to the company to see if it needs taking any further.
It's a 3rd party that initially deals with it, they decide whether it's an employee relations issue to be passed on to the Personnel manager or if the appropriate government body needs to investigate and prosecute.

Redshoes

Nobody automatically knows the outcome. If there is an investigation, even a disciplinary the only people who should know are those taking part in those meetings. The only people who are allowed to talk are the people being investigated. The others, should not repeat what they hear/know.

Munchkin

I have used the protector line about a serious long standing HS in store it worked very well an issue ongoing over a year was sorted within 2 weeks I made no secret of my intention to use thr line and no secret of the fact I had done it having already been trying to get the issue addressed by normal means I also others in store have used it successfully with confidence

Modena

Someone said it's monitored on here well I don't really care about that whats right is right.  We had a abusive customer who we kept complaining about, he threw shopping at you, a tray, he would swear, so finally somebody contacted the protector line only then was something done disgraceful.

Batmanjo

The confidential protector line can be useful as well as useless, when you call they DO want to know your name and more details and then you are given a reference number and the begin their investigations, Unfortunately I found it to be useless when I used it to report the store manager and other managers within her web for not following certain company policies, she blatantly lied saying I had a meeting with some people person I had never seen or heard of even though I had evidence to the contrary and no meeting details could be produced by this store manager the case was closed and soon after I was swimming against the tide of let's talks that I received most of these let's talk were laughable. 

Morning!

Quote from: The Mrs on 21-04-05, 02:02AM
A while back I found this on the Social Responsibility page of the Tesco Corporate Responsibility site, under the Human Rights Section.

"In 2003, in addition to our established Grievance Procedures, we have launched a new confidential Protector Line for our staff to call if they have concerns about whether something at work is legal or in the public interest. This should help us be more aware of possible problems such as theft, dishonesty and practices that endanger our staff, customers or the environment, so that we can
take any appropriate action."

We asked everywhere, no-one seemed to know about this. So, I got in touch with Head Office. Five days later I had the phone number.

XXXXXXXXX Updated - please see http://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=222.msg82016#msg82016

I rang the number. I asked a few questions. This phone is manned 24/7. It goes straight to Cheshunt. They call themselves Tesco Security. You can speak to them anonymously (don't forget to put 141 before the number so that yours is withheld). You can report crime, intimidation, bullying and H & S issues. Depending on how serious it is it can be "escalated" to Senior Management to be dealt with immediately.

With all the H & S issues that are being posted on this site I thought you should all know this number.

As I said, I got the information, I haven't actually tested how effective they are at resolving problems. Please, if anyone uses it could you post back here to let us know? You don't have to tell us why you called them, just whether it works and did they really help.

The Mrs (Administrator)

I been told that all calls to Protector Line go straight back to your store manager. If you have an issue with HIM, what's the point!

Mark calloway

I've reported the same safety issue 3 times now. Nothing has happened

kaled78

is not an email to contact them?,you could take pictures of your safety issue and send it to them,we regularly walk into blocked fire exits where nights have left rsu blocking access,nothing has been done for over 5 years now,despite the store management being fully aware of it,it's just left from 7am when nights go home until the backdoorman comes in at 10am

oldfashionedplayer

😂 Ours is other way around, I've had protector line complaints in about it for many years and every time it's always "we've visited and found the store isn't doing anything unsafe, if you have any other problems or concerns your store manager xxxxx xxxxxxx is happy to help resolve them", you've got the same amount of luck with the councils and reporting food safety issues there 😂, my guess is its just paid off or they just don't want the paperwork of it all.

News networks and social media however works super quick  😂

Mark calloway

Quote from: kaled78 on 05-03-22, 10:06AM
is not an email to contact them?,you could take pictures of your safety issue and send it to them,we regularly walk into blocked fire exits where nights have left rsu blocking access,nothing has been done for over 5 years now,despite the store management being fully aware of it,it's just left from 7am when nights go home until the backdoorman comes in at 10am
I did it online

viperex

Want to ask for advice as I am at my wits end what to do . On my department we have staff that when they wanna show up don't do any or hardly any work . we have staff that take long breaks not just 30mins but hrs.  I seem to be only one that does anything on there and have been told by other colleagues that just do bear minimum , but I am not wired that way.  Have told my manager for years and other managers I have told they can't be bothered as it's not their department .  I feel isolated and I feel like I'm doing work on my own and no managers give a damn .  Could go to store manager but I just think no one will do anything about it .

Any advice would be helpful.

Nightrider

Hello. he writes asking for help, unfortunately on our warehouse things are not going well lately, and attempts to talk with managers do not bring results phones on the protector They also do not give a shoo effect.Therefore, we would like to contact someone from the head office to try to inform them about the whole situation Unfortunately, we cannot find any contact for a person who would be able to help. Does anyone have any contact details for someone such as email, phone number etc?

Shoestring

Is the protector line useful for issues that involve the store manager?
Can anyone recommend a better route that would get an immediate, effectual response please?

Sherwoodforest

@shoestring  ,it,l depend on the issue id of thought.if its not serious you could try the people partner,if it is id of thought protector line your best bet
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

Redshoes

Quote from: Shoestring on 11-04-23, 03:59AMIs the protector line useful for issues that involve the store manager?
Can anyone recommend a better route that would get an immediate, effectual response please?

I once had a colleague come to me with an issue about our store manager. I went to a former store manager I knew. He raised the issue and it was investigated by SD.
I did ask the former store manager the best way to raise the issue. They asked for time to think about it. He rang me back half an hour later and had already raised the issue himself. I did ask about protector line and he said that as long as the issue was raised it did not matter which route was taken.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk