Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 02:29PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,427
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 546
Total: 549

Bad words and the social media policy

Started by surlaroute, 10-09-23, 11:20PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madness

Quote from: surlaroute on 08-10-23, 11:54PM
Quote from: madness on 08-10-23, 10:50PMto me i could say im a member of the Dictator youth as long as i never mention i work for tesco anywhere online. otherwise tesco have zero hold on the s*** i say online.
You've done the right thing not taking it fuhrer, er further in my opinion. lol
Quote from: madness on 08-10-23, 10:50PMto me i could say im a member of the Dictator youth as long as i never mention i work for tesco anywhere online. otherwise tesco have zero hold on the s*** i say online.
You've done the right thing not taking it fuhrer, er further in my opinion. lol
I mean wow, but as long as we all know what we're talking about. but please. somebody start a new post asap.
You have to know i was being sarcastic with that post.
Also wtf autocorrecting the word i put in talk about censorship.

surlaroute

Quote from: madness on 09-10-23, 04:50PMYou have to know i was being sarcastic with that post.
Also wtf autocorrecting the word i put in talk about censorship.
of course, it just struck me as a bit extreme. but I don't believe I changed any of what you typed. I accidentally double quoted tweeted but that's all.

madness

I believe the site changes it automatically that is waht i was getting at.

surlaroute

Quote from: madness on 12-10-23, 07:57PMI believe the site changes it automatically that is waht i was getting at.
got it <3

Attilla

Did somebody actually  write ,we have a "people partner". Not seen one since for over two years. Don't know their name or where they're even based. No email or contact number absolutely nothing!   Reading the lick ass comments of some people on here I wonder if they work for the same company. Or are they management infiltrators? 🤷

King1999

Never been a fan of personnel managers,but you can tell there's something seriously missing instore now....shifts and managers aren't capable of doing the people stuff it's a joke but if the company want serious recruitment problems on the future carry on.

oldfashionedplayer

Quote from: Attilla on 22-10-23, 12:56PMDid somebody actually  write ,we have a "people partner". Not seen one since for over two years. Don't know their name or where they're even based. No email or contact number absolutely nothing!   Reading the lick ass comments of some people on here I wonder if they work for the same company. Or are they management infiltrators? 🤷
Whenever you contact collaague help they say about the people partner, and can give the details, the problem is that the details aren't usually the right ones  ???

Since the personnel ones are now area personnel they oversee more stores, but colleague help still send you on a goose chase and it's still a nightmare getting ahold of them, the policies were recently updated to remove some information about what they need to deal with, reducing their role more, and the communications such as the daily news says now and again about them...

Overall though, they exist, they are just like head office, don't want anythijg to do with it until it gets too serious to ignore.

surlaroute

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 22-10-23, 04:19PMWhenever you contact collaague help they say about the people partner, and can give the details, the problem is that the details aren't usually the right ones  ???

Since the personnel ones are now area personnel they oversee more stores, but colleague help still send you on a goose chase and it's still a nightmare getting ahold of them, the policies were recently updated to remove some information about what they need to deal with, reducing their role more, and the communications such as the daily news says now and again about them...

Overall though, they exist, they are just like head office, don't want anythijg to do with it until it gets too serious to ignore.
This is the point I have been trying to convey for over half a decade now and led me to this point 😔 nobody cares. the communication failure is insane to anyone who gives a second notice to it. it's the root of all wrongs in the company. they could improve morale with a snap of a finger at no cost, they just choose not to. But it's no different now to how the rest of the world runs either so they have even more excuse. It's disgusting.

Please, people, stop making me say more in this thread I'd prefer to be buried in the archives.

surlaroute

refusing my own request to stop bigging up this thread... something did just occur to me that might be significant to how everything in it reads, things like "where's your people partner in all this" etc. I work nights. I feel like everything is different on nights and why none of this makes sense to the tescoverse at large. These people you speak of who we are meant to seek in these situations simply are't available to us in the hours we work. It's another realm of madness I'ver literally only fully understood myself.

Sherwoodforest

People partners should be binned anyway,what use are they really?i couldnt even tell you who ours is as not seen one in over 5 years,and that was probably last time i had an annual review,
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

Raven

I don't even know what a People Partner is. Worked at Tesco part time for nearly 3 years. I've found there to be a huge lack of communication though, and a huge lack of any sort of training too.

penguin

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 24-10-23, 10:45PMPeople partners should be binned anyway,what use are they really?i couldnt even tell you who ours is as not seen one in over 5 years,and that was probably last time i had an annual review,
Our last in store one was about 22 and totally useless no life experience that a role like that needs, she only ever did weekdays and when someone asked her why she did not do weekends her reply was "I do not do weekends, my weekends are for buying dresses and getting drunk", well she used a word starting with p that is blocked on here but I'm sure you all know what it is.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Sherwoodforest

Known as human resourse manager,personnel manager etc,depending where you work,not sure what there exact job is anymore,surely not overseeing people kpis anymore .one looks after 5 stores now
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

expresscoop

lol

about 10 years ago when i worked for tesco, our glorious express manager who was brother in law with the area manager, lost my birth certificate, came up to me saying, "bring another one in within a week or you are suspended without pay" no apology, no explanation.

Guess who ended up getting a warning.

gomezz

Under what circumstances does the company require someone to supply a birth certificate?   ???
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

BritishRacingGreen

Possibly forID purposes. Whilst I didn't have to provide it for Tesco, I did for another supermarket but I did refuse to leave it with them - they took a copy. I also had to provide it as ID for my personal alcohol licence through that same supermarket.

penguin

It can be used as evidence of right to work should one not have a passport.

Elly1519

Quote from: gomezz on 12-11-23, 11:12AMUnder what circumstances does the company require someone to supply a birth certificate?  ???
If an applicant for a job doesn't have a passport they must provide other Right To Work evidence. A birth certificate can only be used with proof of National Insurance number.

gomezz

But surely they only need sight of the birth certificate and have no right to hang on to it?

penguin

When a birth certificate is used as proof of right to work, someone within the relevant company who is authorised to do so can make a copy of it, sign paperwork to confirm its a copy and the original was presented to them. The birth certificate should then be returned to the applicant or worker if already a member of staff, the law does not give any timescales for how long this should take.

gomezz

I would not be letting the original out of my sight.

Elly1519

When someone applies for a job they have to upload Right To Work documents with their application. They then have to bring the documents to their interview where they are checked to see if they are correct, the checker then signs a 'I have seen the original documents' form and they are returned.
If the applicant doesn't fetch the documents then the interview MUST not go ahead. Sometimes it still does depending on who is doing the interview (an inexperienced manager, etc) but it definitely does happen occasionally. In this scenario they can't be offered a job until the correct documents have been seen in store. 

surlaroute

It's basically a Douglas Adams book

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk