News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 02:23PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,427
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 519
Total: 525

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar

Iam under the impression that heat map lands week 3, going by what the company has stated about being implemented by May. So take 45 days from that (that's the consultation time, from being told) puts it at week 3 so expect to hear that week. Unless heat map is late...

Baker4life

But once we have our first 121 meetings from the 6th April that just leaves 3 weeks till May when they want the changes to begin. Surely that isn't long enough.

polar

That's why I'd question the 6th of April, have you seen it in writing? I don't trust anything unless in ink. 3 weeks isn't long enough has to be 45 days, in that case would be mid May.

trolleyboy96

Been told 27th March as that’s exactly 45 days, process must start that day, if colleagues not in, can be invited in but if not a available then the process starts that day. Same as the stock control / counters last year.

Samuel137

Have you all actually been told officially if your bakeries are going full part bake of simplified scratch? Our store has actually told us nothing at all, store manager doesn't even mention it and bakery manager saying no info on what happening.
Just a bit frustrating being kept in the dark.

Bakeryboy

So I'm currently working 28 hours on a pure bake off bakery, no scratch at all (small store). I filled in my availability form today and just put down the days and hours I'm already working.

I'm hoping for redundancy as I've been there 16 years now and it's just not a nice place to work anymore, I'm worried though that as it's not a scratch bakery and my shift ends at 6pm anyway that my hours won't really be affected. Have I any hope for a payoff?

trolleyboy96

Our bakery is going fully part bake, was told day 1, redundancy calculation figures given out that weekend to bakers and packers,

polar

We can only speculate as too the heat map, who knows what the plan is. My guess would be a 4am or later start, for the simple scratch stuff. As for product lines, I think more than brown will be part baked, anyone else had small split/farmhouse turn up? Sign of what's to come in the end. Anyone thinking about taking reduced hours, be wise. I can see it all going in the not too distant future.

heyyouguys

Baker4life our store been told same dates as you and it is only 4 weeks how can this be right

Baker4life

Yes three weeks not long enough I thought 45 days was the consultation period. Do we have any rights or do we just suck it up and accept the three week period. Spoke to union rep in store and even they havnt been briefed on the situation. No information given out at all. No redundancy calculation given out have to wait till 6th April at earliest.

Baker4life

Ok this is my understanding on redundancies and notice. If less than 20 people then no minimum notice required, basically they can give you as little notice as they like. 20-99 people minimum of 30 days consultation, 100+ people would be 45 days. Now this is my next question, do these numbers reflect your own store or as a company? If it's a company then surely it would be 45 days, if it's your individual store I'm afraid it would be less than 20 people so they can do the hell they want. But which one is it?

trolleyboy96

Company so 45 days.

Monkeyman999

Quote from: polar on 09-03-20, 11:17PM
We can only speculate as too the heat map, who knows what the plan is. My guess would be a 4am or later start, for the simple scratch stuff. As for product lines, I think more than brown will be part baked, anyone else had small split/farmhouse turn up? Sign of what's to come in the end. Anyone thinking about taking reduced hours, be wise. I can see it all going in the not too distant future.
Told 3am start for dot com stores 4am for non

polar

Interesting, anyone else noticed that brown isb bread is not available till after 2pm on dot com.

Baker4life

Trolleyboy thanks. So are you 1000 percent sure it's 45 days, because in my store I will only get 22 days! Is that legal?

Nomad

https://www.breathehr.com/blog/how-long-is-the-redundancy-consultation-period

QuoteThere is no time limit on how long a consultation period lasts but for 20 to 99 employees it must be a minimum of 30 days. For 100 redundancies or more, it has to be 45 days before dismissal.

If you’re a small business looking to make less than 20 people redundant there is no minimum time for a consultation but your consultation period should be considered “meaningful” or the redundancy might be deemed to be unfair.

For 20 employees or more -  As well as adhering to the minimum periods you need to notify the Redundancy Payments Service before any consultation starts. You’ll need to consult with trade union reps, or elected employee representatives if your staff don’t belong to a trade union.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Baker1

Are people not aware that we are in 45 day consultation now? I wasn’t but have been sent the timetable by a union rep, those being made redundant finish Sat May 2nd.

polar

No I wasn't, thought it had to be in writing.  >:(

Hammer10

Tribunal it is then for not following process at no time have I been told I am in consultation.

polar

Quote from: Baker1 on 10-03-20, 03:29PM
Are people not aware that we are in 45 day consultation now? I wasn’t but have been sent the timetable by a union rep, those being made redundant finish Sat May 2nd.

Can you post a picture up?

Baker1

It says monday and tuesday of week 1, March 2nd. I haven’t been informed either and was told in availability meeting on thursday this was all informal with no need for a rep until individual meetings.

Baker4life

I know I will be in consultation but first meeting isn't till 6th April so I thought that was the beginning of the consultation

Baker1

Quote from: polar on 10-03-20, 03:58PM
Quote from: Baker1 on 10-03-20, 03:29PM

Can you post a picture up?

I keep trying to add it but it comes up with a blank white page, then i get an error message saying i have already added this message, any ideas what to do?

polar

No mate may admin can help?

Baker1

Quote from: polar on 10-03-20, 04:09PM
No mate may admin can help?

Hopefully someone can help, i have tried 5 times bow but when i click post it just goes to the blank white page

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk